Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Review
0. phoneArena 30 Apr 2014, 03:52 posted on
Sony's take on a midrange phablet comes in the slim and light form of the Xperia T2 Ultra, which sports a nice 720p display, 13 MP camera, and a large battery pack...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. pyradark (Posts: 776; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Wow!!! Great job sony!!! Hoping z2 ultra is like this, then me buy
2. jhaw19 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
thanks PA. great review and great mid phablet!!!
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3434; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Great review, but such a great device with minor cons but still 8.8? 9.2 would have been great.
3. refillable (Posts: 643; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
At $400 surely this is going to kick the Mega!
4. Anshulonweb (Posts: 321; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
wow......look at the battery life..... awesome......
5. Anshulonweb (Posts: 321; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
and its active dual Sim.....sony certainly has impressed me....
6. YodhaMali (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
I like phones with large displays, but I'm not impressed with this due to its mediocre chipset and low RAM. A snapdragon 600 or S4 Pro processor with Adreno 320, and 2 Gigs of RAM would have been better.
8. YodhaMali (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
S4 Pro is two years old and yet powerful than the currently touted mid-ranger Snapdragon 400. It's only logical that a previous generation's flagship will do more justice to the current generation's mid-range phones.
11. xtremeed27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
The S4 Pro hasn't been in devices for 2 years.. The first devices using it didn't pop up until like 2 months before the end of 2012 such as the Optimus G which came out in the U.S. in November.. so it's much closer to 1.5 years.. More importantly the Snapdragon 400 and S4 Pro seem to be quite similar in performance with the S4 Pro slightly beating the 400 in most benchmarks. Compare the T2 Ultra's benchmarks here to the Xperia ZL's on this very same website.. If anything the 400's power is impressive considering it uses Cortex A7 cores vs the S4 Pro's Krait cores and slightly higher clockspeed(100mhz more in this case) and yet nearly equals its performance and it also has better battery life...
12. hafini_27 (Posts: 259; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Woa, Sony surprised me with battery life. 10 hours screen on time? Damn!
14. samraj (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
I am ardent Sony fan..I have played with T2 Ultra...Although i haven't tested its Outdoor camera performance, indoor photos came out quite noisy..noisy as hell..I was shocked to see so much noise in 13mp camera module of Sony..Sony seriously needs to up their game with software used for 13mp sensors considering the same 13mp sensor produces spectacular images in S4. Happy that Z2 has a quite nice cam though.. Waiting for Z2 in India..:D
15. alumoyo (Posts: 220; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
I really really like this. Officially considering a phablet for the first time.
16. yuepc000 (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
When is it available? I couldn't find it on store.sony.com yet.
18. alumoyo (Posts: 220; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Better battery than iPad Air and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro - phablets really ARE killing tablets.
19. harsa27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
hope sony improve camera quality, it seems camera quality of samsung's 8 MP better than this 13 MP camera
20. anleoflippy (Posts: 300; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I can vouch that the T2 Ultra is one of the best mid rangers because my mother actually bought the white version so I had chance to play around with it. I was sure that the Processor and 1gb of ram would bog it down but that is certainly not the case.
21. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Great phone! Now lets see leaks of Xperia V Ultra, 5.5" 1080p ips display, Arm64bit or just snapdragon 610/800, Android 5, 32gb +msd slot, 13megapixel Back cam with flash, 5megapixel front cam, very thin bezel like ZL, front blasting stereo speakers, 4000mah battery, waterproof, usb otg, latest bluetooth, wifi up to a/c. Microhdmi out would also be nice.
V could be any letter sony choose!
22. Soulsniffer (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
Where's the video review @Daniel. P? :)
Great review though! Are you sure the loudspeaker's pretty loud? I've heard many complain about its loudness though..
23. robocopvn (Posts: 189; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
Snapdragon 400 with quad A7 cores is much slower than snapdragon 400 with dual krait. I think many phone makers intend to trick normal user with that.
24. nadeem.ahmed (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
Very bad phone...
Now i aware how can they launch a 6 inch phone in 25000
Hangs very soon & no call , msg ,mail all are struck..
after restarting the phone you getted a lots of miscall msgs , mails and etc.....
25. Pranawan (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jul 2014)
Plz can anyone send me a sony xperia t2 ultra plz.i liked to have but we don't have much money.iam from srilanka.if anyone want to send me a sont xperia t2 ultra my email addrss
is Vpranawan@yahoo.com plzplzplzplzplzplzplz send .me.plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplpzlpzlpzlpzlpzlpzlpzlplpzlpzlpzlplzlpzlplz.