Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman Review
in-call performance, the earpiece of the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman is sufficiently loud, but leaves some room for improvement. Muffled voices is what we hear through it, and a rattling noise becomes audible when its volume is turned up to the maximum. On the other hand, the microphone does an excellent job. It picks up clean and distinct voices, which are sufficiently loud on the other side of the line.
The 1200mAh battery that the Live comes with can provide a little over six and a half hours of 3G talk time or 350 hours of stand-by, which is nothing out of the ordinary. When it comes to audio playback, about 17 hours is how long the battery will last, and that is far from impressive as even dumb music phones can last longer than that.
Sadly, we experienced a number of random reboots while using the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman. Over the course of two days, the device restarted a total of four times on its own even though it was not in use. . The problem persisted even after installing the most up-to-date software. A quick search online shows that a number of users are dealing with the exact same issue, so we hope that Sony Ericsson is going to address it without delay.
The Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman costs roughly $240 contract-free, which is a steal considering that you get a decent mid-range Android smartphone, at least on paper. The device looks cool, and its 1GHz processor is snappy enough for the needs of the average user. However, you still get what you pay for, so you have to settle down with a sub-par display.
Perhaps, it would be a much better idea spending just bit more on a Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V, which comes with the same awesome interface as the Live, yet has a bigger and better display. The Sony Ericsson Xperia ray would also be a much better choice as it has a high-resolution screen and a better camera.
- Its interface is optimized for its small display
- Cheap Android smartphone with decent user experience
- Responsive camera
- Suffers from random reboots
- Uncomfortable shutter key
- Mediocre display
1. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
7/10 for a phone with that price? Totally getting one
2. Nick_T (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Just be aware of the random reboot issue. Make sure it has been taken care of before spending any cash.
15. KALYANTILAK (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
there are no reboot problem. i used it from 6th january 2012.
27. pande1992 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
This, Xperia Mini Pro or Nokia Lumia 610? Help Please!
4. mentos1386 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Im geting one too. One question, did you try any HD games?
6. Nick_T (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 May 2011)
It scores about 1500 on Quadrant, if that would be of help.
5. sachinks29 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
how's the battery life? does it last a day's of normal usage with Internet??
10. vishalborad (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
yes youh r ri8......one day normally charge...!!!
16. KALYANTILAK (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
WHEN I 1ST BUY IT THEN BATTERY LIFE IS TOO TINY. BUT AFTER USE IT INCREASING.
ITS JUST LIKE A BULLET BYKE, USE IT TO GET IT.
SONY ERICSSON EXPERT ALSO TOLD ME ABOUT IT.
IF U DO NOT USE NET, ON THIS PHONE, THEN BATTERY LIFE IS GOOD FROM 1ST DAY.
7. KevinM (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Which one to buy? Xperia Mini or Live with Walkman?
8. alfealicious11 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Go for the xperia mini because it has Bravia Engine.
11. thesniper11 (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
The Mini Pro Has A Front Camera and a Keyboard But Your gonna pay A little Bit More For it
17. KALYANTILAK (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
GO FOR LIVE WITH WALKMAN, ITS GENTLEMAN HANDSET, XPERIA MINI IS SIMPLY USES BY LADIES....
GO FOR, BIG SCREEN, NOT BRAVIA ENGINE.
22. tinkerbell19900 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 May 2012)
i had an xperia mini but 2 weeks later got pinched i thought it was a brilliant phone and i was so gutted, so the day after i got a different phone the live with walkman it is a good phone and the sound is to me the best part about the phone.
13. CrazyShark24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Live with Walkman or xperia x8? Please help me :)
14. erkansaner (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
No doubt about Walkman Live if the other option is Xperia X8. Official Android version is 2.1 for X8, it is so laggy, buggy, unsuable.
Walkman Live has 1 GHZ processor and Android 2.3 (may be 2.35) so definitely Walkman Live.
23. tinkerbell19900 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 May 2012)
i would go for the live with walkman it is a really good phone
18. KALYANTILAK (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Walkman Live has 1 GHz processor, 400Mb internal memory and Android 2.3.4. LATE MARCH IT WILL UPDATED WITH 4.0
19. sonal (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I just have bought SE live with walkman about two weeks back and also upddated with the latest build. I have observed that it is unable to receive calls while data transfer is in progress. I can make calls but this makes data transfer in pause state. If any one can tell me this is the issue with this model or problem with my phone only. or there is any solution for this issue. I dont think this should be the limitation of the Android.
20. yyogesh83 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
live walkman me movie dekh ne ke liye maximum kon sa resolution size hai and kon sa kon sa formate chalata hai..
pls reply me live walkman users
24. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The phones made by sony is somewhat a looker..
No doubt on that at all..!!
Same with this one, the phone is damn sexy for the price
25. Dadevil168 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Hey Guys i HAVE BOUGHT live with walkman. but after 3 days in the morning i took picture using the camera but in the evening when i opened the camera it gave me the (Camera Not Available) error... and still i m getting the same error. i have flashed my software but no use.
Honestly it didnt fall on the hard floor and any on other hard surface. I kept it with care.. Kindly Help me
26. ramaudi (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
7 days ago i bought my SE live with walkman, i wanted to ask that is the camera key having 2 stages of shutter release buttons? And does the battery last for just one day???????????????????????
28. mentos1386 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
I think it has 2 stages, i have mine for 8 months now, it can stay for 1-2 days without powering (using phone just for calling now that i have pc, before it stay for half day (doing everitning on phone, borwsing, music,games..)
29. manishpndt13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
m confused abt SONY LIVE WITH WALKMAN.,.,.,
help me plz
30. manishpndt13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
maine suna h, k is set k parts baad me problems creat krte hn.,.,
As: cameras, sound, softwares ectc.
tell me abt it...m so confused.,.,
PLZ HELP ME
31. raghed88 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
dears; please i need your help to chose between HTC wildfire s & Sony ericsson Wt 19 live with walkman?? please your kind feedback :)
32. saravanan (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
i want to buy a mobile..any one please help me which one is best HTC Desire C or Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman
|Display||3.2 inches, 320 x 480 pixels (180 ppi) TFT|
Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 MSM8255, Single core, 1000 MHz, Scorpion processor
512 MB RAM
|Size||4.17 x 2.22 x 0.56 inches|
(106 x 56.5 x 14.2 mm)
4.06 oz (115 g)
|Battery||1200 mAh, 14.25 hours talk time|