Sony Ericsson Cedar Review
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Nov 2010, 08:44
Continuing on from past success, today we'll be taking a look at the Sony Ericsson Cedar. With a sufficiently organic name, the Cedar takes its position as an entry level phone with a few very nice elements such as a 3.5mm headphone jack, 3G and expandable memory to make it more than just a simple candybar phone with a bit of green on the side...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Xoi (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 19:09 0 0
This is a good phone... i think it's much better compared to x2 my own opinion fast and stable UI... keep up the good work SE... :)
2. lokesh venkat (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 07:07 0 3
how could u say that.... say me how cedor better than x2
15. ulluboy.l posted on 27 Aug 2011, 05:58 0 0
1. x2 camera is 5mp but doesn't have any quality of photo. cedar 2mp camera is better than that.
2. x2 is loud but through headphone not sweet like cedar.
3. x2 has no 3G that cedar have.
4. x2 doesn't support YouTube that cedar can.
Need More? x2 is a city-gold, Cedar is a gold of low price.
16. anupam (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2011, 23:53 0 0
perfect said bro.
i have a no-kia X2.
have a horrendous exprience with it .
now i thinking of buying SE-Cadar.
3. Henry Sy (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 04:34 1 1
Obviously, Nokia X2 is better than Sony Ericsson Cedar. I considered buying SE Spiro and SE Cedar but Nokia wins my decision. I compared their specs, and Nokia X2 managed to top any of the phones I considered. Nokia looks great, has 5-MP camera, better-looking UI, more customizable, etc. I love SE too but for now I think I'll have to go with Nokia X2.
4. ip (unregistered) posted on 21 Mar 2011, 02:23 0 0
The only and that Makes great difference is having 3G in Cedar
5. Kevinb (unregistered) posted on 09 Apr 2011, 13:20 1 0
I have this phone recently and I'm very satisfied about it. Offcourse it is a basic phone but it does its job very good. I cannot really say anything bad about this phone.
The buttons feel good, they give enough feedback and the screen is clear.
Advantages are the standard connections (micro-usb and 3.5" audio jack), and the battery life, it lasts at least 8 days with normal use.
6. tianpru posted on 11 May 2011, 05:31 0 0
I think you should use MyPhoneExplorer while reviewing Sony Ericsson's phone (non-OS) to take hi-res screen shoot.
7. Chazzenjade (unregistered) posted on 14 May 2011, 09:19 0 0
hi...my friend is planning to buy this phone. but i am not convinced of it's features. i think it lacks a lot. but if the battery lasts 8days with normal use according to kevinb, then maybe my friend would really be happy to buy this one. please help me with your feedbacks.thanks.
8. damean (unregistered) posted on 19 May 2011, 10:07 0 0
I bought this phone weeks ago. It's a pretty sweet phone. In the Cedar vs X2 issue, well it just depends on what you need really. I too had the dilemma of which to pick. But since I'm too sick of qwerty, and I have a smartphone that pretty much does it all, I chose Cedar over X2 because my main reason for getting it was I'll be using it to call and just send short messages-- mostly calls though. One noticeable defect(?) is that when music volume is maxed on loudspeaker, the sound gets too cracky and sounds very bad. Some of my music files won't play the last 5 seconds.. Anyhow, as I've said, it all just depends on what you need. As to the battery life, as I'm a frequent caller, my battery lasts to 2-3 days. Overall, I love Cedar :)
9. billy19 (unregistered) posted on 24 Jul 2011, 11:38 0 0
im plannin to buy a phone, i came across dis one. looks r fine. i want to know hw the is t worth buyin dis phone.?? im not worried bout music player. hw is camera clarity ?? n hw is 3g ?? internet?? call clarity?? can sum1 help?? pls
10. Püñk (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 05:55 0 0
Im gonna buy this phone.what is the price?can any1 tell me
20. SE Lover (unregistered) posted on 05 Sep 2011, 06:15 0 0
In India it costs around 4500.
11. Buddy (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2011, 07:39 0 0
Its price is about Rs. 4500/- in Market as well as Mobile store. Some coupon scheme is also available and one year extended warranty is available for Rs. 99/-
12. nikhil.nickboyz (unregistered) posted on 19 Aug 2011, 20:43 0 0
Hey frnds, plz help me...
I'm thinking to buy this phone...
Plz tel me that does it supports .jar and .jad file formats?
And, downloadable themes???
Plz help me...
13. logu (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 00:16 0 0
every thing is nice ... i bought it for 5000 rs....
the only problem in this phone is sound ...
all ringtons not having sound in this model...
even if v want to hear a song we couldn't hear through speaker...
only throgh ear phone we can hear music
14. buy provera online (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 10:26 0 0
Really great article with very interesting information. You might want to follow up to this topic!?! 2012
17. ARViE (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 20:42 0 0
Does this unit support .jad ang .jar java apps?? can run themes??
19. SAINATH (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:16 0 0
1)No zooming of images.....2)The Quality of sound SUCKSSS!!. There is a option in equilizer (MEGA BASS), don get impressed with that. so those who like Sony Ericsson for music dont buy... just waste of money
25. tomek posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:33 0 0
On contrary my friend, Cedar has superb sound quality as most SE products. Compared to some Nokia crap and others, I can easily connect my Cedar to my Hi-Fi at home/car and enjoy excellent reproduction of high bit rate MP3s. The problem (as with the other sound complains) are the earphone sets you are using. Cheap earphones = cheap sound, expensive earphones = GREAT sound! Try and see. I’m not using any sound enhancement on my set, because sound is full and pure as it supposed to be.
21. Navdeep97 (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 01:10 0 0
Hiii friends i think this phone features are excellent but its not good than yendo now u thing that im lier if you trust than trust of not than not but i will buying SE yendo very soon because its features are very conscious than cedar, cedar is worst than yendo thats why i not buy this phone.
22. Hitman (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 06:55 0 0
I want to know if it supports .jar and .jad downloaded games and mp4 videos. How is its clearity and how is its internet speedp
23. velizarcho123 posted on 10 Dec 2011, 11:24 0 0
What is the maximum capacity of memory sticks?
24. umang.parekh5 posted on 27 Apr 2012, 10:29 0 0
Yes it supports .jar and .jad also it supports mp4 file format and its a very good mobile phone as compared to other nokia i would like to prefer SE though sound is not upto the mark of this phone but on other hand i like it very much
26. tomek posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:48 0 0
The greatest thing about Cedar (J108) is well known SE user-friendliness. Simply make your custom chosen shortcuts and you’re ready to fly. 3G works great for mobile surfing. It is not smart phone, no WiFi, java aps only...... but it is a PHONE that is joyful to use. If you combine it with My Phone Explorer on PC, you’ll never want to get rid of it (I’ve tried twice to go for more expensive phones, came back quickly). And music sound is just astonished, can’t be better, but the volume could be higher than it is. All in all, it’s a baby you either like, or don’t like (if you prefer smart gadgets that cook you lunch)