Samsung Wave II Review
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Jan 2011, 09:27
Bada is slowly creeping into the company’s portfolio, and the Wave family is now big and happy. Thus we were really curious what surprises Sammy had in store for us, when it announced the Samsung Wave II. Will it live up to the popularity of the original, or will it be scrutinized like every sequel to something successful?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. hoang (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 19:12 2 5
Regardless of all the strong points that Samsung tech can deliver, Wave I and Wave II suck for no huge app store and particularly the cannot-be-uglier design. indeed the design looks real cheap.
3. Preetam (unregistered) posted on 13 Jan 2011, 06:03 3 1
Design is cheap?? Every other phone except HTCs and Nokia's and now Arc look like iPhone brothers, and you call the Wave II cheap??
4. rocketlog (unregistered) posted on 13 Jan 2011, 19:31 3 0
Quite frankly, if the Samsung Wave II grows a set of physical QWERTY keys, It'd be the perfect phone for me. Not much of an app-whore. So a few functional apps here and there would be sort of a side-bonus for me. I just hope a decent Pro version comes. Not with downgraded specs like the Wave 2 Pro.
5. codymws posted on 13 Jan 2011, 20:31 1 0
The phone itself looks very nice, it's the OS I just can't see myself using. You're limited to what Samsung gives you, since there isn't an app store (yet).
Not that I'd even be able to get it, since I'm on Verizon (CDMA) in the US.
7. srv86 (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 04:59 0 0
Wave II is One nice phone. Samsung is offering high end features in such low cost ( About Rs. 18000/-). Only that Bada OS not Mature enough is the main drawback, othrwise its a very good smartphone.
8. Lol (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 15:41 0 2
This phone has a camera better than Nokia c7 with 8 m pixel and more video detailed better than Nokia n8 12 m pixel I think wave has the best 5 m pixel camera ever.
9. sunnyyyy (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2011, 02:29 0 1
hey;;;;;; r we talkin about phone or we'r talkin about a camera............>>???
19. royal jaat (unregistered) posted on 13 Sep 2011, 02:03 0 2
the camra is a part of a smartphone or a phone.................
10. Pankaj (unregistered) posted on 26 Mar 2011, 06:33 0 0
If i buy Samsung Wave II now with Bada OS 1.2 than will i be able to upgrade it later to Bada OS 2.0?
11. JIVRAJ (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 04:32 1 0
Pankaj yes u will be able to upgrade it and also wave 2 has an ambient light sensor and a proximity sensor.
12. Anuj (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 14:53 0 0
hello, the price of wave 2 in gujarat is just 14,500 in my city. waiting to go down further so that i can get it ata cheaper rate :)
13. mob posted on 10 May 2011, 07:01 0 0
The Samsung Wave II is a phone that I liked.
The screen is great, battery life is good, build quality is great and looks classy.
The user interface is nice and friendly.
The phone is quick. The touch screen response is good but not as good sure as that
of the iphone.
What I miss is speed dial which I realy need. Also there are some things I dont like. The Bada does not support VOIP, and does not offer good apps (also apps are very limited ).
The drop down notification panel drops during a call due to slight toutch of the ear and sometimes activats silent mode and causes phone to vibrate during call (main thing that annoys me). The speaker is somehow weak.
Other than that the phone is very good.
14. mayank (unregistered) posted on 15 May 2011, 03:26 0 0
is wave 2 also heat like wave........?
15. tayohgao (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2011, 00:18 0 0
Do you think which phone is better if you have a mid-range to moderately high budget?Samsung galaxy ace or samsung wave ll?
16. Khushi (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 06:34 0 0
Wave II is a better option for u tayohgao
17. PeterIfromsweden posted on 23 Aug 2011, 06:46 0 1
"bada 1.2 browser still doesn't support Adobe Flash 10.1"
And the iphone, does that support flash iphonearena...???
18. madhan12 (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2011, 08:36 0 0
it is not supporting skype
20. Arun Kumar (unregistered) posted on 13 Sep 2011, 23:21 0 0
can any one of you please tell me is there black color available in samsung wave 2 or only one color i.e Ebony Gray.
21. Arun Kumar (unregistered) posted on 13 Sep 2011, 23:22 0 0
Can any one tell me is there a black color available in samsung wave 2.
22. Arun Kumar (unregistered) posted on 13 Sep 2011, 23:23 0 0
Can any one tell me is there a black color available in samsung wave 2.
23. nobin, 9605816110 (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 08:29 0 0
I love wave 2. Wave2 camara is best.
24. deepa s (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 11:42 0 0
frnds can i use dictionary in dis phone?????
25. deepa s (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2011, 11:43 0 0
whch one s better???? galaxy ace or wave 2????
26. farook (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2011, 10:12 0 0
yes arun it is available..........
27. samuel (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 21:37 0 0
wat abt white colour ???? is there any ???
28. dave (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2011, 03:06 1 0
worst phone ever It caused nothing but trouble since i got approx 6 months ago
it keeps shuting down by itself
29. caza96 (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 17:06 0 0
I love my Samsung wave 11, it has been the best phone I have ever owned........but I now have a huge problem and no phone outlet can help me.....I was at Auckland Airport using their I thought free WiFi while is was registering my email and name a request for my MasterCard came up so I opted out and shut down the tabs and turned the phone off so I could catch the plane....... now my phone will not turn on it only gets to Baba and stops. it does not go to my screen saver of to anything just to the symbol Baba......can any one help I need to get to my contacts asap as I am traveling around the world and I bought the phone in Hong Kong and have been using different Sim cards in each country as the phone is unlocked.......Thank you Caza
30. akhilprasobhan (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 23:07 0 0
31. sunil kohli (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 23:03 0 0
really amazzinnnnnnnngggggggg phone dear....!!!
32. Yerdeniz posted on 16 Dec 2011, 10:38 0 0
The phone is sufficiently nice, I do own a Samsung Wave II, but I think Samsung will disappoint us... Again...
With the emergence of Wave III and bada 2.0, the support will be cut of gradually, and I humbly think that elder brothers of Wave III will not easily carry off the stable weight of the new OS, 2.0. I heartily hope that I will be proved wrong...
bada is a young OS, hence it is agreeable within the circle of not having much apps or stability of the UI. In my opinion, it will not be like Android nor iOS, because Samsung has other flagship devices in it's pouch. (Galaxy Series) It is merely an experimental OS for now, thus confiding faith in the OS in this interval of time will be an odious mistake.
I, therefore, humbly think that we are in an interim. I can merely be expectant about the coming version of bada 2.0, and I do hope the bada shall prevail upon the dangerous waters.