Samsung Wave 723 Review
Samsung Wave 723 is pretty decent, we were hearing our friends nicely, with clear sounding voices. The ear speaker could do with a little more volume, though. The other party had no issues hearing us, both in terms of volume, and voice clarity. We couldn't find official ratings for the 1200mAh battery; it lasted a good two days with us, while examining the handset.
Samsung has created a pretty compelling mid-rangе bada device with the Samsung Wave 723. Some elements like web browsing and stability are still rough around the edges in Samsung's mobile OS, but it shows good promise. If only Samsung could speed up applications development, it will have decent alternative to the major mobile operating systems in the low- to mid-range smartphones, where bada was intended for.
The distinguishable feature of the Wave 723 – that leather flap that covers the screen – is also its Achilles heel. It gets to you in more ways than one, and makes talking and typing very uncomfortable. Even for a simple task, like checking the time, you have to flip it open. Honestly, without it, the Samsung Wave 723 is a much better handset designwise. Thankfully, Samsung has provided a way to change it, or remove it completely, for those of us who like the Wave 723 better without it.
Plenty of Android phones offer the same functionalities that bada has, but have the added advantage of access to Android Market – Samsung's own Galaxy 3 is a decent alternative to the Wave 723, as well as the HTC Wildfire.
Samsung Wave 723 Video Review:
- Solid design
- Very good picture quality
- Picture and video editing come standard
- The default leather cover gets in the way
- Display resolution is rather low
1. LeoKai (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
Design = F480 + iPhone
3. MaxABC (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2010, 04:54 0 0
The top of the phone look more like star!
2. MaxABC (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2010, 04:47 0 0
The screen's resolution is truly low... we can see it's clear pixel...
4. LeoKai (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2010, 04:58 0 0
Multi Touch, 5MP Camera, WiFi - Going to be cheaper than the Wave 1, now i am really interested to buy one! .... 240x400 Resolution 3.2 inch Screen? Something must be wrong...
5. fsjon posted on 29 Sep 2010, 12:02 0 0
Ever thought about flipping the cover all the way to the back so it's not in the way when typing on the landscape keyboard?? Not sure why the review video has to be 16mins long when it can be summed up in 5mins. Bottom line is, Bada is basically Samsung's way of phasing out feature phone os. Review it as you would to a feature phone in the future.
6. DontHateOnS60 posted on 29 Sep 2010, 13:05 0 0
Okay, somebody explain to me why the Bada phones all have camera shutter buttons, but their Android phones don't. Wtf Samsung.
7. mr. droid posted on 30 Sep 2010, 01:18 0 0
is that stupid gay little flip over screen cover removeable? i would hope so. i would throw that in the garbage as i walk away from the store after getting the phone..
8. jh (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2010, 14:49 0 0
Leather cover is only additional one and you can change it whenever you want with provided(default) normal cover. Would like to recommend you to take a look in the nearest handset store(when it's ready for your region) for actual status.
9. DJ (unregistered) posted on 23 Nov 2010, 07:56 0 0
is there any kind of error??
plz tell me, i really want to buy this handset as soon as possible......
10. gurpreet (unregistered) posted on 13 Dec 2010, 11:42 0 0
hii...i want to buy this phone,plz tell me hw's its performance in touch and in screen resolution ?
11. vasgyuszi (unregistered) posted on 16 Dec 2010, 09:23 0 0
LCD seems to be really bad looking the photos at this review. But, how looks with the video playback frame rates? Okay, the format choice is very very limited (3gp, mp4), but at least 25-30 fps is possible?
THX in advance,
12. ayesha (unregistered) posted on 29 Dec 2010, 19:18 0 0
i have this phone , i have a problem that there is no call recording option . IF I AM WRONG PLS TELL ME SOLUTION,
13. azmie (unregistered) posted on 17 Mar 2011, 02:27 0 0
i bought this phone on Dis.2010, i have a problem that can't switch on . but screen display screen saver only.tq
14. amy (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2011, 12:45 0 0
i just bought thus yesterday. the problem is my phone always auto-off when it in a stand by mode. can somebody help me. i'm really dont know what to do. everytime i want to use it, i need to move the battery and put it back. and it always auto off. help me please... what is wrong with my phone.. now i really regret to have 1.. i wanted galaxy mini at the 1st place, but atrracted with wave 723 promotion. i thought its better tham galaxy mini. looks like im wrong..
15. sp (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 05:35 0 0
i ve bought that phone in january and i haven t noticed any serious problem...it has been very strong allthough i m really torturing it!
16. ali ghavami (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 23:14 0 0
zoom of the camera doesnt work good