Samsung Wave 3 Review
0. phoneArena 25 Nov 2011, 06:31 posted on
The Samsung Wave 3 sports the newest bada 2.0 OS, a single core processor pumped up to 1.4GHz, and a 4” Super AMOLED display. Is it enough to battle today's overcrowded mid-range Android and Windows Phone market? Read on to find our thoughts on the Samsung Wave 3…
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
3. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
What happened to him? I miss him. I wanna see a very stupid conversation.
5. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I was wondering where this went...
Ohh Peter if only you could be here to see this.
Phonearena is just getting ruthlesser and ruthlesser every review.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Agreed, seems like everything is getting really low scores now.
14. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
The only 9.5 was the atrix. Just sayin.
6. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Don't want a bada phone again ...
Its a great OS ... But only if Samsung shows some importance in it .. These wave phones have great hardware ... And a good software .. but they forget the old models once after they release .. And apps !!!! no comments ...
7. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
PhoneArena is now as ruthless as Engadget in it's reviews when giving a phone it's final score.
8. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Also, the metal chassis should be one of the "pros" because this is very rare for Samsung.
13. Retro-touch (Posts: 268; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
They don't anymore probably due to complaints about the scores but they DID
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Wish this phone ran Wp7. Then it'd be sweet.
15. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
maybe sammy will learn something and next S II will have alu body like this wave.
Looks much better than their flagship.
But this one is not good...first wave looks better...and is practically identical
17. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
How can PA even give this 6.5 Totally bias score.
7.5 would have been fair IMO
18. rajeev_118 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Does this phone have sound profiles. Unlike Samsung Wave AKA S8500 the sound profiles were present in menu-.settings->sound->profile. There were sound profiles which could be modified.
21. technot (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
If only SGS11 had Samsung wave 3's design, it would be my dream phone. But you cant really have it all.
22. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I would expect Samsung to put more effort into the flagship series of the OS the company developed.
23. bantilan (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Turn your Wave 3 to Pattern Lockscreen, downloaded at SamsungApps.com
24. abhishek83 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
samsyng wave3 have trobles:(
ITS RESTART RENDAMLY AND WHEN I USE ITS GOING RESTART :'-C
PLEASE SOLVE THIS
25. Subudhi (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Samsung Wave 3 GT-S8600 with all the hype is a disaster. I purchased one about a week ago and now I am repenting.
1. Bada is an outdated OS and there is no assurance from Samsung if there will be any improvement.
2.You can not play flash video in this phone, where as my old Nokia 5230 plays most flv files.
3. The date separator is not customisable. You have to be satisfied with '/'. You can not have '. 'or '- '.
4. There is no sound profile, such as Loud, General, Meeting or Silent. You have to configure the sound and vibrations individually.
5. Screen brightness and contrast are not customisable.
6. Touch-sensitivity is not customisable.
7. Its 5 mp camera produces worse photographs than my 2 mp Nokia 5230. Let the Samsung people come forward and prove me false.
Even smaller and cheaper phones come with all these features. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU GO FOR THIS PHONE.
26. Subudhi (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Pros: Good display, fast processor at 1.4 ghz
Touch extra sensitive (some times incoming calls get rejected due to this.), Can't customise the sensitivity.
Can't customise home screen
Can't customise display brightness
Can't remove or create shortcuts
No predefined sound profile
5 MP camera, but contrast is too low, contrast or brightness of camera not customisable
Flash video files not supported
Can't select multiple contacts
In fact 'options' in menus is completely missing in this phone.
All-in-all, this is a pricey phone with very few features. The BADA programmers in Samsung need to look at a few more Symbian phones and improve upon the features. Is Samsung listening?
27. elyblor (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
The worst thing in this @#%cking fone is that you can't even play your fuc@#%*ing memory sd card. That's why I hate SameSong, Nokia will always be the best, I confess
28. Subudhi (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Just discovered another negative of Samsung wave 3, GTS 8600. You can't send a contact via sms as a business card, i.e as a vcf file, which is a very common feature available in all mobiles, even very cheap phones. You have to send it via MMS only, an option which requires a lot of configuration settings and large network resources. And Samsung cares two hoots.