Samsung SGH-F480 Review
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
"Overall, the phone is suitable for watching quality videos, which is totally unacceptable for such a high-end device." "Unsuitable" I guess =) Great review though, thanks.
3. (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2008, 14:25 0 0
Lol I was just about to ask about this.
2. (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2008, 13:51 0 0
Wow, thankyou, first review that has actually looked at all the features and weighed up properly the pros and cons, will not be getting this phone now on the back of this review :)
4. (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2008, 14:26 0 0
As, this phone is quite dissapointing. I expected a lot but...... I guess for now, LG still makes better touchscreen phones?
5. (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2008, 17:33 0 0
this reviewer seems to be some samsung hater. he got the price wrong. it costs around 550-600, NOT 900USD. dunno where you buy your phones from. both mobile-review and gsmarena gave the phone favorable reviews.
9. PhoneArena Team posted on 26 Jun 2008, 02:25 0 0
Prices are decreasing by the minute; we've updated the review to match the current one, yet this is a high price tag for such a phone.
12. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 07:08 0 0
no..it was like this price for about a week and a half. you guys need to spend more time on your reviews. it started around 880.00USD when it first released in beginning of june.
14. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 08:50 0 0
Well that is still basically 900 dollars, the starting price is also important as it is what the manufacturer thinks of what is needs to be priced at, or what it's originally worth.
16. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 10:28 0 0
let me rephrase that. it started around 880.00USD on EBAY. price was made by the seller, not the manufacturer.
23. (unregistered) posted on 27 Jun 2008, 11:39 0 0
oh.... that makes a huge difference, then
6. (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2008, 19:06 0 0
lol they give armani phone 9 and this 6.5. and f480 is everything better than armani. totally do not comprehend phonearena's rating system.
7. (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2008, 21:15 0 0
Ya, I thought that the Armani got it's high rating because it is a fashin phone, but so is the F480 so I don't get how they rated these?
10. PhoneArena Team posted on 26 Jun 2008, 02:40 0 0
When you get an Armani, it's almost all about the look. When you get a phone called "SGH-F480", you expect it to perform as well as the touch-screen competition. When it sounds bad and doesn't have good features (except the camera), it is not a 9/10 device.
11. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 07:07 0 0
LOL. "all about the look." because of name branding. hilarious...so as long as there's a fancy name slapped to it, you don't mind the sucky croix UI, heavily underpowered, ridiculously overpriced, no 3g, complete mess of a phone? LOL. try again. pathetic guys. just pathetic.
13. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 07:14 0 0
Yea. I agree to this. The F480 boasts so much more features (3g, 5mp camera, larger screen, a true web browser, larger battery, complete overhaul of touch interface, FM radio, etc) compared to the Armani phone, and it still has an amazing "look." A total upgrade in all senses. This review was only good for the pictures... no joke.
15. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 08:52 0 0
The F480 still has a name.... or rather a couple. What happened to "Tocco" and "TouchWiz"?
33. radystar posted on 12 May 2009, 08:40 0 0
you are a total liers.....i have this phone for about 4 months and ANYTHING what you written about this phone isn't true....the sound is great....the camera is much better...there is no lag while scrolling throw the menus...one thing is true..the poor flash...i don't trust you anymore....very bad site.....you are very pathetic....and WHAT??????????? the TOUCH WIZ is not very conmfortable to use???????????????????????????/ you're mental.........
17. damo110011 (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 12:29 0 0
I have a tocco I love the phone but I admit camera is awfull on it waiting for i900 looks superb
18. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 16:03 0 0
Average Joe: "To expensive and inconvenient for me." Average Joe needs to learn how to spell. lol. It's really interesting how much reviews can differ. Other sites said the sound quality was AT LEAST decent and not horrible. Furthermore, the I don't recall other sites saying the interface was buggy. Hopefully it's just the unit that Phonearena reviewed. And also, the phone price is starting to fall to $5xx now right?
19. (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2008, 21:44 0 0
yes. and ~550 is a VERY good price for the phone.
20. (unregistered) posted on 27 Jun 2008, 01:35 0 0
yeah after 1 year the price will be ~300... and THAT's A VERY GOOD price for the phone
21. (unregistered) posted on 27 Jun 2008, 08:11 0 0
lol after one year..i'm sure theres gonna be a lot of other phones released
22. (unregistered) posted on 27 Jun 2008, 11:37 0 0
Yeah, and also the iPhone and Touch Diamond are around the same price, if not more expensive yet they both got very high for the Average Joe rating??
24. (unregistered) posted on 28 Jun 2008, 01:39 0 0
that was sarcasm
25. (unregistered) posted on 28 Jun 2008, 12:19 0 0
I was just making a comment that prices are starting to fall. It's about 495 on plemix, I believe. By American standards yes it is quite expensive. But people got to remember that without provider's subsidy on the phone, even average basic phone costs around 2xx already no? If Average Joe just have enough buying sense, instead of signing up for a contract for 2 years and get some shitty phones, they can go to independent sellers and get better phones at a reduced price as well. I'm just saying that there is more than ONE way to purchase a phone. PLUS my only real comment was that they misspelled AND 550 IS NOT expensive for a touted FASHION phone. Yes, it doesn't have the "Armani" branding attached to it, but using that definition Nokia "7xxx" series are not fashion devices either, and so aren't "8xxx" series.
26. (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2008, 15:31 0 0
7xxx is fashion device and 8xxx is luxury series
27. Vuja021 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2008, 09:35 0 0
Hi .. You talk to much! Phone is GREAT... If you wont great pictures by cam! It is a only phone! You answer , you call ... send sms mms ... do you need more ..Great looking.. thats all I need.. touchscreen not great but its work when you using more time
28. (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:42 0 0
I'm curious who sponsores this site: Nokia...or Apple?....the review is so much anti-Samsung oriented...much more than needed, so it sucks!!
34. radystar posted on 12 May 2009, 08:43 0 0
yeah you're right...the only phones that have good reviews are the nokia and the apple...and the rest....
29. (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2008, 06:01 0 0
Nice sucky review -.-
30. Riverholder (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2008, 17:29 0 0
This review sucks... This phone is simply great! I had no probs with the sound! The widgets are superb, too! It's definitely worth to buy this phone! It's nice, it's user-friendly! So, like i said: THIS REVIEW DEFINITELY S U C K S ! ! !
31. (unregistered) posted on 22 Oct 2008, 09:02 0 0
I have the tocco for 3 months now. its a realy nice phone, and i don't find the anoying lag in the menu's maybe the lag is only in your test-model. i agree on the fact that the camera isn't that good. But i think this phone is a bit underrated. i normally switch between phones once in 2 months but i am keeping this phone, becouse of its look and the quality of the touch-screen
32. (unregistered) posted on 09 Nov 2008, 18:39 0 0
agree, the camera isn't as good, especially if they're going to advertise is as 5MP, but we can't expect too much from a camera phone afterall. I find the phone pleasant to use, and after the upgrade of a firmware, it's even better. New widgets and the camera is better. :D
35. lejko (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2010, 09:20 0 0
touch screen totaly not working after a year and a half ....!!!! bulshit samsung