Samsung Monte S5620 Preview
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Feb 2010, 01:13
The Samsung Monte S5620 is a mainstream cell phone, equipped with 3G and Wi-Fi. Its design is eye-riveting, while the refreshed TouchWiz interface offers several, truly nice extra features...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. D4stan posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0
pls, don't you know, if the camera of Samsung Monte has AUTOFOCUS??? This phone looks really good, but I need to know, if I can take a photo of text and if it will be readable.
2. PhoneArena Team posted on 10 Feb 2010, 01:57 0
Hello D4stan, We are sorry, but the camera of the Samsung Monte does not have autofocus, it is fixed; so you might be better off looking for another phone.
3. D4stan posted on 10 Feb 2010, 05:09 0
Thank you very much for your response. This information was important for me ;)
4. raffaytarar posted on 15 Feb 2010, 05:24 0
Hi, i want to know that does the Samsung Monte runs on the new Bada OS??
5. syoody posted on 04 May 2010, 12:01 0
No, it doesn't. S8500 is the first phone (I think I'm not wrong) which runs Bada OS. I9000 is the next one
27. Hakamy (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2010, 05:04 0
I9000 Galaxy S runs android btw, not Bada OS
6. gaurav_n_gandhi posted on 05 May 2010, 07:41 0
hey can anyone tell me how to change the Font size of text msgs in this cell phone?....plz
19. Tans (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2010, 01:26 0
Use the volume keys...
26. HADDERS (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2010, 16:13 0
Thanks, makes it more easier on the eye............simples !
32. Leigh-Ann Donoghue (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2010, 07:50 0
OMG Thank you!! Cant believe it was soo simple ive been looking for this answer ALL over!! :) Thanks Thanks Thanks xx
33. sarahse1 (unregistered) posted on 10 Sep 2010, 08:41 0
thank you so much - it was driving me crazy !
7. arun_annauniv posted on 06 May 2010, 05:11 0
I cannot see the back button in touch UI. I am using the middle key to go back. Can you tell me how to bring it back
9. prak86 posted on 23 Jun 2010, 04:21 0
In monte middle button is meant to use if for navigating back. There is no back option in UI.
8. hrtbeat posted on 10 May 2010, 12:21 0
Dear PhoneArena Team, I am eagerly waiting for your full review of Monte for a very long time....request you to get this mobile reviewed at the earliest so that it could help many buyers to decide upon........ Hope you review this week............ Adv. thnx for your team.......
10. islam posted on 25 Jun 2010, 08:29 0
please i want to know the difference between Samsung M5650 Lindy and this phone because they are about same price and i cant choose between them and thanks
11. prak86 posted on 02 Jul 2010, 07:50 0
Samsung Lindy and Monte has only slight difference . The data speed via 3G is higher in lindy than monte. Lindy has dedicated keys for music, but i heard that keys are working only if you r in main screen(not sure about this). Touch in monte will be very good when compared to lindy and monte is less weight than lindy with wide screen. Monte has more widgets for applications(i guess).
12. radhaabs posted on 04 Jul 2010, 12:18 0
May I please know whether Samsung Monte supports the TV viewing option like some other phones have?
13. junaidac posted on 06 Jul 2010, 13:01 0
it says if we press and hold the middle harware button, the task manager opens up thats not true for my Monte. What can be the problem? the firmware is up-to-date as told my Samsung Kies
14. islam posted on 06 Jul 2010, 18:10 0
should i buy this phone or nokia 5800 any recommendations plz
15. Bijunair posted on 28 Jul 2010, 22:52 0
Good phone , but complictaed software , printing quality of photo law
16. bibhubrata posted on 30 Jul 2010, 13:31 0
Hi, Please let me know the video play back quality of this phone. How is it compared to nokia 5530 xpress music's video quality.
17. waqas (unregistered) posted on 04 Aug 2010, 10:43 0
samsung monte is very beautiful phone of samsung i apreshade of samsung but samsung monte colour is 265k this mobile phone colour is 16m is perfect but disadvantage is 265k colour.
18. new Monte user (unregistered) posted on 07 Aug 2010, 12:40 0
Can anyone tell me how to add a new application (shortcut) in the main menu page(after pressing the edit menu at the top left corner), it would be helpful much if anyone could answer this.. Thanks in advance
20. ash (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2010, 06:07 0
Can Monte be used for e-book reading. if yes, how it can be done?. thanx
21. oOoOoOoOo (unregistered) posted on 15 Aug 2010, 13:38 0
he-he... silly question, but my monte doesn't have the return key in menu ( like the arrow in low right corner on screens )... and i can't find the option that activates it... any suggestions?
22. obreyko (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2010, 13:39 0
Can anyone tell me how to turn on the key's(under display) light
23. vaibhav dalvi (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2010, 02:53 0
i am having samsung corby plus, i have bought it 3 months before should i go for samsung monte
24. Kaell (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2010, 04:52 0
Does anyone know if there is a fix for the QWERTY-keyboard yet? Grtz. Kaell
25. srijan (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2010, 05:19 0
28. holliejw16 posted on 31 Aug 2010, 02:55 0
Does this phone have the silent option without vibrate? And also on the IM app, Is it windows live? Thanks:)
29. Utsav (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2010, 05:35 0
Plzs tell me how to use VGA camera in samsung monte..???
30. Donny_bva (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2010, 09:36 0
31. nmmn007 (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2010, 09:30 0
sorry but i simply can not access the task manager through any hardware key on the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help me out with it...!!! i was pretty excited at first to have multitasking on my samsung monte but now i am highly disappointed as it simpky doesn't open up!!!
34. udaynati (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2010, 04:15 0
Hi, In Samsung Monte, when we get a call or on click of the Keys (call receive, end and Back), are the lights will be ON.
35. Yana (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2010, 21:28 0
Do new Monte units already have the QWERTY feature? Thanks
36. PhoneArenaFan (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2010, 23:03 0
Phone looks good..read at some places that it will not work with AT&T . I don't have a data plan with AT&T currently. Will this phone work with AT&T connection without a data plan? Please reply..
37. Keymeh (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2010, 06:20 0
I am planing to buy Samsung Monte in next week. So can anyone solve my problem related to Samsung Monte. Motion Sensor game is available in Samsung Monte ? Can i use Media player in Monte which is available in Wave ? Video Zoom is possible in Monte ? It's working on Bada Os or other? In Future, can i upgrade monte phone ? I am waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance
38. Raghsin (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2010, 08:31 0
is the message storing capacity of the phone is low?....and is it true that we cant send msgs wen we are in a call?
39. richard3501 (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2010, 12:49 0
hey hello can you tell me how to open the task manager
40. kakashi (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2010, 20:52 0
Hii... I want to buy a phone which has good features both audio,video as well as connectivity also...It should be pretty good looking also.My basic requirement's are Good net surfing experiance,it should have a nice java for sure coz I love to play games,download games as well as play games online.It will be great if I will be able to update the java...My budget is 8500 RS.Please suggest me a good one and it should be value for money... And I also want to buy a cheap phone in 4500 RS.I have thought of buying micromax X550 Qube.plz again suggest me about micromax X550 Qube and is it a value for money phone...
41. setmat (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2010, 08:37 0
How can we use landscape view for SMS, pdf files, doc files etc. How can we use the task manager as 3 windows as show up. I can't get a window like that one in monte.
42. OO7 (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2010, 10:54 0
hello how to open task manger
43. shash (unregistered) posted on 14 Oct 2010, 16:08 0
on which os does samsung monte runs
44. ajayfreezer (unregistered) posted on 24 Oct 2010, 02:00 0
i really hate when someone restricts us up to anything that we love.
now samsung gave its multitasking features for monte upto december 2009.
i bought monte on june 2010 but found that multitask and back button is absent.
when i searched in net n found that samsung removed it because of lacking user interface.
i was very disappointed. then i flashed with old firmware and now i m using multitask feature.and its amazing.
hope that samsung rebuilds this feature..
45. sombat (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2010, 00:32 0
my monte was just unable to connect internate, it said "unexpected failure" on google search and "data connection lost" on google map, does anybody kindly advice what to do?
46. pagal (unregistered) posted on 19 Nov 2010, 04:37 0
how to minimize applications? I got it last week
47. amit jadhav (unregistered) posted on 23 Nov 2010, 07:16 0
48. jatin313007 (unregistered) posted on 25 Nov 2010, 09:01 0
hey bro. how to flash samsung monte to an old firmware
49. dimitrisgr14 (unregistered) posted on 09 Dec 2010, 15:18 0
I want to turn off the sound of the keyboard...how can i do it..?????please answer me quickly....???
50. bharat posted on 20 Jan 2011, 04:16 0
how to we can hide the keyword menu in operamini , ebbuy and nibuzz...??????????
51. aabhaspandit (unregistered) posted on 02 Feb 2011, 11:17 0
as told by phone arena that samasung monte supports a task manager but , i tried several times by pressing the middle key of 9the phone but it doesn;t work.else the phone comes to normal standby screen if in any other screen.
52. saahil (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 19:24 0
is qwerty keypad included in final retail units??
55. Situ (unregistered) posted on 07 Apr 2011, 04:29 0
Can Some one help me how to use task manager in samsung monte.
56. Situ (unregistered) posted on 07 Apr 2011, 04:31 0
Can Any one plz tell me how to access task manager in samsung monte..
57. prakashmaddy2k5 posted on 11 Apr 2011, 05:20 0
is it possible to download and use opera mini n google maps in monte?
Is the browser speed slow while using wi-fi n gprs?
58. prakashmaddy2k5 posted on 12 Apr 2011, 07:12 0
Hello team, are u guys there..?? help me..
is it possible to download and use games and applications like - opera mini n google maps in monte?
Does the monte browser speed is slower while using wi-fi n gprs?
How about the battery back up??
Overall, is this phone works faster or its better to go for android mobiles for faster interface??
59. akarsh (unregistered) posted on 18 Apr 2011, 09:04 0
how to get qwerty option
60. Pathik (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 05:07 0
Does Anyone Know that how to rotate SMS screen in samsung monte gt s5620? Please Reply..........
61. RESHAV GHOSHAL (unregistered) posted on 07 May 2011, 03:28 0
I have this phone.. bt i want to change the background picture in the menu option which remains black.. so how can i do that?
I have seen some videos in the youtube for some people installing qwerty software in this phone. i too want to have those.. can some one please tell me the process..
62. ankit81196 (unregistered) posted on 21 May 2011, 05:11 0
does it supports multi tasking?? pls reply