Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch Review
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2013, 08:47 posted on
The third generation of Galaxy Tab slates consists of three tablets of different sizes, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch is the middle child in the family. It is an Android 4.2.2 based tablet that fits perfectly in the mid-range category – with an 8-inch touchscreen, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, and a 5MP auto-focus camera to top it all off. But hardware specs aren't all that this device has to grab our attention with. The 8-inch Galaxy Tab 3 actually stands out with being pretty light and portable for its class. But ultimately, is it worth getting?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
8. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Agreed. Samsung should really go for the jugular with their pricing. $200 for the 7" Tab 3, $250 for the 8" Tab 3, $300 for the Note 8.0.
17. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am guessing $299.99. From a marketing perspective, that would undercut the Mini high enough while not seeming budget like a $99 hip street tablet. Appear more high end, through psychological pricing, than a Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire, while being a bigger bargain than an ipad mini while still having a price point approaching premium.
That and the Note 8.0 minus $100 Wacom digitizer = $299.
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
with the next gen nexus 7 is about to come, anyone who buy this crapy samsung tablet ( 3.7.0/3.8.0 ) is stupid or die hard samsung fanboys, even nexus 7 is overall better than this crapy tablet
and how many time you will said that wacom digitizer/ S-pen is $100???
go to wacom store and check wacom stylus for galaxy note its only $39.95
so please stop talking about BS
32. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
So your going to buy a Wacom stylus for a tablet that has no Wacom digitizer? LOL
33. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Hahaha That one isn't very bright. In fact, most Smasung haters are not very bright.
2. Brutus (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Decent tablet with decent specs...
Aggressive pricing would give the ipad siblings a bit of hard time...
But I'm seriously waiting for the new Ipad 5 and mini 2...
38. galaxylover (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 May 2014)
in my opinion apple just makes everything so frickin expensive and it isn't even good.
hopefully they make a apple tablet lol that will be strange
3. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
This is a really sympathetic tablet for me!
4. lpratas (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
your totally lied in this review. The specs that you talk in this review are wrong. It seems that you are lot ignorants. The cpu it's an Intel Atom Z2560 dual core at 1.6GHz with PowerVR SGX544MP2 gpu at 400MHz but with, that it's true, with 1.5GB RAM. Please, correct this data specs. You are totally wrong.
6. Nick_T (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Only the 10-inch Galaxy Tab 3 has an Intel processor. the 8-inch has an Exynos 4212 SoC with 1.5GHz dual-core ARM processor.
15. lpratas (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
We will see in the review of GSMArena, who talks the true.
5. rcranium (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Interested in comparison with nexus7 2 when it comes out.
7. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Whats up with the hardware buttons on tablets?
9. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Convenience. Why not? That bezel isn't doing anything else.
12. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
A cheap looking tablet, I'd rather buy a China tablet than this expensive crap! SAMESUNG!
16. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes you like buying crap. That is why you buy HTC. Nokia, or Sony right?
21. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yeah, and Apple, I have an iMAc, Macbook Pro, iPad4, iPad mini and iPhone5. You want?
36. galaxylover (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 May 2014)
that's what you think it may look cheap but it's actually really cool
18. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Some fans would say that only a 1280 x 800 screen is con and plastic is a con, but those are the stupid people.
In reality, it really doesn't. How else do you think Apple and Samsung make the money? Humans naturally tend to prefer consistency. As little flaws as possible >>>>>> than amazing in one area no one cares about and poor in others. That is something Nokia and HTC fail to grasp. Fix your flaws rather than hide them behind a 41mp camera or aluminum/boom sound speakers/amp. Overcompensating doesn't always work.
20. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Now you added Nokia to your pathetic little rants? First HTC, now Nokia and apparently Sony too. You are quite a hater aren't you?
22. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Hey you are blinded by plastic my friend, let me remove the plasticity in you eyes :D
24. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Lol...well put Taters. It might hurt some, but it's true.
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Personally, I am waiting for a 1900 x 1200 Nexus 7.9. Let's hope that the rumors are true.
29. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
With the note 8.0 being 399 I don't see this being 349.
30. AnandM (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Is that a BIG job for Samsung to fix a "LED flash light" in their TAB's?
34. Alex005177 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Can someone please answer: Does the tab 3 8'' have the same GPU as the note 8?
37. galaxylover (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 May 2014)
can this tab handle intense 3d games? and does it heat up when you do?