Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z1
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2014, 23:02 posted on
We pit the new Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship against Sony's Xperia Z1 flagship for 2013, and size up glass versus plastic, Snapdragon 800 vs 801, as well as the whopping 20 MP vs 16 MP camera units.
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. danny_a2005 (Posts: 117; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
What I really want to see its S5 trying to beat Sony Z2...
8. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 356; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
guess we need 4 more weeks to find out.
5. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 356; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
I'd rather say Z2=S5 with each device having strenghs and weaknesses.
3. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 413; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Z1 has real-time HDR on both stills and video. In stills, the HDR mode is activated when on Superior Auto Mode.
4. dmn666 (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
TN-LCD is also a true HD and the amoled is a penile fake HD with much much less subpixels that gives it an unfair advantage in battery tests. It's common sense, but PA just had to declare that LCD drains battery twice as faster without mentioning it is a penile crap. I know you made few pennies, but hey, you could play it smart.
6. dmn666 (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Also show us some lowlight photos before calling it a tie on image quality. Z1 rapes s5 hard in lowlight shots. Oh, the pros over DXOmark already ranked z2 as the best cameraphone. I'm looking forward to the comparison the PA noobs will do shortly to convince s5 camera is also "on par" with z2
7. mokhtar (Posts: 196; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
wow my phone still compare and better than samsung 2014 smartphones .. damn
9. romeo1 (Posts: 178; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
im not sure about how honest this review is done as the z1 phones ive seen and had did around the 34-35k antutu and calling with the released software was 25hrs on 3g and with the updates battery time got better each time. so did the camera. but i have to use the s5 for myself before knowing about the camera as phonearenas camera tests aren't really good. the s4 for example doesn't make good low light pictures but according to pa its pretty good and even better than the sony and even the nokia counterparts if im not mistaken.
10. TMach (Posts: 348; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Personally, waiting for the Z2 and delivery due next week from Carphonewarehouse! If I had to choose right now, will still go for the Z1 over the S5!