Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Apple iPhone 5S
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2014, 23:02 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 and Apple iPhone 5s duo resurrect the Android vs iOS rivalry in full force, that's why we are staging a cage match between the design, specs and performance paradigms of the mobile juggernauts' flagships for the season.
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
5. sgodsell (Posts: 3323; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Who ever wrote this article love iPhone more. The Samsung S5 to date has the most accurate display to date.
13. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Yup. All the tech sites are found by ifans. No matter what name of the site they use, and what they pretend to be.
About the display , should I believe on ifan "review" or this:
“[The Galaxy S5] has a long list of new records for best smartphone display performance including: Highest Brightness, Lowest Reflectance, Highest Color Accuracy, Infinite Contrast Ratio, Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light, and smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle,” DisplayMate concludes. "
It's same thing about the (useless)FingerPrintScanner. Soon we will see that S5's FPS works better than iphones from different angles, simply the iboys didn't make the right set-up.
And everything else.
S5 beats to the groung iphone5S in everything(even the desugn)
17. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
"the Galaxy S5 is both faster and more accurate than the HTC One and iPhone 5s." ..gsmarena's review of the galaxy s5 camera
18. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
"the Galaxy S5 really makes the "LCD offers more natural colors" argument useless." .....gsmarena's review of the galaxy s5 display (& dislaymate)
24. imran86 (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
PhoneArena on S5 Display
the S5 screen still has that cold feel, as its screen emphasizes green and blue. Here we should note that although the AMOLED screens of Samsung flagships are not very color-accurate, most people like them for that “wow” factor of their oversaturated imagery.
GSMArena on S5 Display
The color rendering has also been tweaked and now the Cinema mode offers as true to life colors as any other smartphone on the market. Not that the Galaxy S4 wasn't close enough for most purposes practical, but the Galaxy S5 really makes the "LCD offers more natural colors" argument useless. And, as usual, Samsung offers more saturated screen modes if you prefer your images punchy rather than accurate.
2. imran86 (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Give a child both the phones and he can tell you which one is better, why such a BS and biased article for it.
3. wilsong17 (unregistered)
One app a the time
4. pocketbook (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Ah, more click-bait to get the views and arguments a'flowin.
6. Agarwalm214 (Posts: 31; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Someday phonarema will say iphone 5s camera is on par with lumia 1020 :P
This site is so much biased towards iphone..
29. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Here is one-hand FPS unlock on S5
7. wando77 (Posts: 813; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Screen and camera of iPhone on par with s5?......... Of course they are bwahahahaha
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Man this bias of phonearena is world famous. I've seen many people commenting on other sites about phonearena bias. PA dont become like BGR. See what gsmarena(the most reliable review site) said about iphone's screen and camera. Lol.
9. Dude2014 (Posts: 436; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Now you tell me which phone is better?
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 2025; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
s5 is obviously the winner. Seriously, I've never heard from pa claiming that an opponent smartphone has won against an iPhone
11. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I am not surprised. 5S is still the king. What I do wonder, is why there are still people who buy Samsung. Even Chinese brands offer more premium looks and better displays.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 20016; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You've got the Sammites crying with that one lol.
23. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If they are cranking out premium handsets in the sweat shops EASILY, and it takes the best Korean manufacturer in the world to do the GS5, then you might want to rethink if the sweat shop process is truly the premium one here. It obviously doesn't cost a lot or the china brands wouldn't use those materials.
12. greatoneiw (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
lol , this is just hilarious
all new android phones are keep losing to iphone :))))
i'm just waiting for lg g3 , and PA be like :
LG G3 2K 550 ppi screen is equal to iphone 5s and we liked i phone's more...
you guys are awesome...keep it up for steve jobs ;)
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 20016; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why don't you stop coming to this site, go buy all these phones, and do your own reviews.
15. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol did you see during the finger print sensor comparison when he was saying the s5 sensor was more finicky then he purposely tried to make it fail by swiping bent and swiping fast, only the 3rd time when he tried to make it fail it failed because he barely touched the sensor. No doubt the 5s implementation is better just saying the s5 wasn't bad itself even when he tried to make it look bad.. Display Yh pa I'll take display mate more seriously, people who are qualified to test display, I have no idea what method you use. 1 handed use yes 5s is better obviously but the s5 does have a 1 handed mode where the whole screen shrinks to the size of a 4" or any size you want making it easy to reach all areas with 1 hand.
16. kopkiwi (Posts: 48; Member since: 31 May 2013)
You guys are fast becoming a fkcing joke. Your bias is crystal bloody clear.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 20016; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Very good article, unbiased, and accurate. +1 PA.
22. edelxander (Posts: 54; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
yeah.. the iboys & ifans just be like: " i can fap to this"
25. Agarwalm214 (Posts: 31; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Lets see what happens when PA compares iphone with xperia z2 :P
26. alfipratama (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
vote it here polarb[dot]com/polls/161442
27. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
UFC is a promotion company. What you mean to say is "we are staging an MMA combat".
28. registrar (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
It's quite obvious that PhoneArena doesn't know what it's doing.
1. The photo comparisons were taken at different orientations (portrait vs landscape), changing the color balance.
2. Photo comparisons in low light were not exposed to the same amount of light.
3. Photos were taken at different angles and were laughably amateur.
It's sad because I am choosing between these two phones soon, but after seeing all the bias in favor of the iPhone, I don't know if I can trust the word of any non-technical person anymore regarding this topic.
Also, I don't know who Daniel P. is, but he sure seems like an idiot.
I'm going back to GSM Arena for more trustworthy reviews. At least they are objective over there.
30. vishalaestro (Posts: 81; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
Go to anandtech. Com and read the review for s5 I would recommend for anybody if
they need toread review for any tech products.
31. verty (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Now I know that even phone arena staff is full of nothing but trolls. I am so upset at this unbalanced twisted misleading unhealthy deceitful offensive comparison. And I suggest a visit to the psychologist for a head check. Even if you are biased be biased to yourself and deceive yourself for as long as you like. How dare you call s5 premium. Forget it that phone feels lovely and super comfortable to hold. Let me add that there is nothing premium feeling about the iPhone. Boring unexciting phone. I used it and absolutely nothing spectacular. I sold it for a z30 and boy do I love the bb10 OS. Nicer gestures I tell you. I have a note 3 and that phone is a beast. I feel heaven every time I use that phone. Daniel P should be fired and then banned from all tech site.
Phone arena should really check articles like this. It really depreciates your equity as a brand and dilutes it too. How dare Daniel P!!!!!!!
32. swaguire (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
The only thing holding me back from getting any Android device is Imessage, even though you all might think it is not important I use it so much and would rather use imessage than text, so if Android came out with something like Imessage I would definitely get an Android phone.
33. BretaSal (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 May 2014)
S5 was pretty amazing, but let's see if the design of iphone 6 is better or not. Here's a phenomenal comparison between both the Brands.. Source: "Bidness ETC"
34. leo.d.monkey (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
Gsmarena can't be trusted anymore ... they are taking money from samsung... they removed the user score system, samsung phones had the worst scores. bad mouth samsung there and your posts will disappear...welcome to the new gsmarena
I have a S5, mic is a piece of s**t , so many people with mic problems on the s5, caused by bad software, bad design and defective mic...i though ok the phone looks ugly was s**t but gsmarena review as positive... users review was s**t... money wasted.