Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 05:27 posted on
OK, so the Galaxy S4 is an amazing smartphone worth every penny, but there certainly are a lot of folks out there who are still rocking the GS III. Should those guys think about upgrading to the GS 4, or are they OK with their GS IIIs for another year? Enough questions! Let's go get ourselves some answers!...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
9. samballik (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
Sony and HTC and Samsung are the phones with most features, apps and games.
41. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Except any HTC root user will tell you that we really HATE sense.
18. KParks23 (Posts: 507; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I've made my mind up I'm waiting for the Verizon htc incredible one or whatever they want to call it but incredible one sounds tight.. At this point I'm so fed up with Sammy they can put a I7 processor in there phone and I still won't buy another 1 my s3 has been nothing but a paper weight!
42. LebronJamesFanboy (Posts: 156; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
Which one is the S4?
Both are hideous...
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 1054; Member since: 07 May 2012)
doesnt matter if its sony fan, anyone would crack this joke xD
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Most phones have a big screen and rounded corners, so it makes the S4 look like a lot of others too following that logic. But it's texture, screen dominance and more rectangular build makes it noticeably more elegant than it predecessor.
43. LebronJamesFanboy (Posts: 156; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
On a real note, Samsung needs to start trying with their designs. The plastic is ok but we all know Samsung can do better.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No this isn't the iphone 4, 4s which you can never tell the diffrence unless looking at the top where it doesn't have a line on the left side®
Why the Troll,,,,?
It's still using Android, like Htc Sony Lg Samsung and all other oems. Why the hate?
24. SleepingOz (unregistered)
'Coz Samsung haters(mostly Sony, HTC, Nokia fanboys) think that it's Samsung's fault why their fav oems are struggling to compete in the market.
63. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Typical fanboy speak! Did it occur to you that it is less about hate or market position but something as simple as customer satisfaction or different needs/desires about what people want to get out of their experiences with their handsets! I have no problem with the product but a mountain load with the manufacturer and its attitude to customers. That arrogance of Apple fanboys is seriously affecting Samsung fanboys. Our experiences inform our choices and I loathed my experience with Samsung and even if I bought its product, I will do so with eyes wide open and pray I do not have any problems as I would not want to deal with them! I do know this, HTC will listen, send out UPS to collect the product, examine the complaint/investigate and send you your phone back throuh UPS, no questions as will Sony. Samsung? Please take the product to an Independent Service Centre, authorised but not affiliated to Samsung. You get that way when your S3 cracks unexpectedly by the charger port and you end up paying £134 to fix it.
64. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
p.s. a work colleague has a similar crack in the same position on her White S3 but thought it was part of the design........disavowed her of the notion and she is now one unhappy customer!
25. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
"Why the Troll,,,,?"
Exactly, Why the TROLL?
33. amats69 (Posts: 1223; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Why the Troll? Why the Hate? oh i think that question is applicable to you after trolling to HTC Sony Nokia etc.LOL
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh, you're finally back?!
I thought you went back to your cave after losing too many arguments about your beloved XZ. lol
45. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
im always here bro
maybe you need to check your eyes.
51. urth_key (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
which one is 4 and which is 4S?!
14. Diego! (Posts: 534; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
The pictures on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 look amazing! Amazing level of detail. Good job Sammy!
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S3 looks ugly, S3 and S2 looks much better™
S3 with those ugly curves™
Rectangular Candbar sharp edges look way much better, look stylish and contemporary©
17. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
GS3 users will realize how laggy the GS3 is when they try out the GS4. Android OS really do need the 4 cores running at full bore +2.00Ghz to feel right and run normal.
19. wrm2013 (Posts: 193; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
And as soon as they push a os update to the s4 it too will be laggy
20. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I'm not sold on the S4. I'll stick it out with my S3 and wait to see what the competition has to offer.
35. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I can think of a few people. Starting with Ray S.
This isen't math class there is no right answer. I prefer the HTC One as well and I know for a fact me and supa_dupa (excuse his/her trolling) aren't the only ones.
65. TMach (Posts: 416; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Me too! HTC One rules!! No, Xperia Z rules!!! Actually, couldn't choose so bought both!!!!
22. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
There was an error please correct it. ( the Exynos 5 Octa is an octa-core CPU with two powerful A15 cores running at 1.6 GHz, and two low-power A7 cores running at up to 1.2 GHz)
As we all know Octa mean 8, so the correct version of writing should be ( the Exynos 5 Octa is an octa-core CPU with four powerful A15 cores running at 1.6 GHz, and four low-power A7 cores running at up to 1.2 GHz)
26. Doppiadi (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
I have always kept my mobile phones for at least two years (unless they were REALLY buggy. Anyone had a BENQ-SIEMENS back in the days??) because I really find it hard to justify an upgrade from one generation to the next one. I really don't think it makes sense to upgrade from a S3, to a S4, unless you like to collect them :)
27. Aeires (unregistered)
Bezel on the S4 is amazing, huge screen while keeping the phone smaller in the process.
29. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Sadly I'm on a budget, so I'll likely have to settle with the s3.
But I don't mind at all, the s3 is a classic, and is still a great phone even in todays standards :D
30. Taters (Posts: 4307; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It is actually quite sad that the HTC fan boys have resorted to calling the GS4 the GS3s when any moron or kid can see that they are quite different. I guess if you can't beat them, you pull out all the double standards that you can to discredit them.
31. oister85 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Lg, Sony, Samsung, Htc, Nokia you can't go wrong with any of this phone makers.
37. SleepingOz (unregistered)
One should be blind to see no difference between these two.
38. amats69 (Posts: 1223; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
One should educate himself that even identical twins have little differences..but more on Similarities.LOL
46. darkskoliro (Posts: 1054; Member since: 07 May 2012)
there are more freckles on the older brother.
36. amats69 (Posts: 1223; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but seriously...if Samsung only come up with new and fresh design with that specs. no doubt this would be my next phone.but but but but......
39. yetdoi (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Good comparison. Saw numerous mistakes throughout the article though.
40. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Awesome Review. Already sold my N7000 & S2. Will sell my S3 & stay with the N7100 for a bit.
48. Leo_MC (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Didn't Phonearena said S3's display is the worse that the market offers if one were to choose between iPhone, 920, Xperia and others I don't remember now (maybe S4)?!
Call it as it is - because you're a technical site - S3's display is bad by both today and yesterday's standards.
49. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
How is this working... You guys are on websites doing reviews and taking Galaxy S4 out and testing? I mean the phone is not even released yet! :-s
52. Andrewtst (Posts: 461; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
S4 surely better than S III ---- BUT - I won't buy it as it too similar look with S III, having it feel damn bored.
53. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
i thought they were the same. samsung what???
55. Jaemin (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
Seems like iphone4 to iphone4s or iphone4s to iphone5.
little change of design but amazing development of speed and function
54. Jaemin (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
increased display size but decreased width and becomes more lighter.. it is incredible to use that full hd display with amazing hardware.
56. mightyillidan (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
if any one wants phone arena to tell us if the s4 battery fits in the s3 give me thumbs up
58. X55526622233 (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
TOO much lighting for the samsung GS4. I wanna buy it and compare it to my phones :) then throw it ayaw if it's ugly.
60. recond9 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
If you are good with the 720p screen and the 8MP camera,the S3 is still a good (and cheap) alternative to the new s4.
The S3 will still be in business one or two years,before they will shut it down,thought it will be vanished in the next year by the new monsters that will be launched.
61. rose_4_u43 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
latest Game testing video review on both Samsung Galaxy S4 and S3 visit below site