Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2013, 06:51 posted on
This is it, the most epic Android face-off for the first half of 2013. The Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One are coming out at about the same time to go ahead and have it out with one another. When the Galaxy S4 and One are in the same room, there sure ain't much love in the air, which is going to make this fight all the more interesting. Which side will you take? Wait till you've read our comparison!...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
177. techonolodge (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Pretty much same performance...
Removable battery and storage for S4. With better camera/recording.
Looks like a no-brainer to me.
If you care about looks only, you shouldn't be here.
The One will be dead long before the S4 because of this. I wouldn't even hesitate to buy the One if it had a removable battery...but my old Inspire would have been junk 3 times by now if the battery wasn't removable. The non-removable battery is nothing more than corporate greed to pressure more repairs/upgrades. Sorry HTC, but you lose this battle.
180. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
i like this review. They really are about equal overall but im partial to HTC :)
I did hear that the noise in the Ones photos were almost fully resolved with a camera update by HTC and some of the early reviews of the One used the old software...
181. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Hm... The S4 look pretty nice in white...
185. poping (unregistered)
i want key lime pie update. so i'm gonna have to pick s4...
186. HTC-Lunch-time (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Galaxy S4 is unbeatable, it's too far away!
The Htc one isn't so bad for medium hight smartphone but i still can't imagine how htc could copy apple with stupid unibody design impeding the battery removal and force the utents to carry the charger beacuse this phone last just after lunch time with massive use..so, all htc phones were poor with buttery power...why unibody? Why copy apple? if u scratch this phone will cost minimum 200 eur to chiange it cause it can't be repaired. What will happen when the warranty expires and the battery fails?? 200 eur? SORRY HTC.. BAD PHONE!! HTC EXPECTS TO CHEAT UTENTS WITH THE DESIGN APPEAL...
187. HTC-Lunch-time (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
since whn alluminium is a premium material ?? Htc stop copying apple please...
188. HTC-Lunch-time (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Do you know why HTC i called lunch time company? Because if u buy their phones will last until lunch...and the verge and other site gave 5 out of 10 to the battery capacity. GS4 battery is much more powerful, much more optimised and will last perfectly a full day straight
200. Galactic (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
HTC. You can't help but Hate Their Company!
Ok terrible joke.
226. Metalspy8 (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
They are getting paid to troll ala samsung
189. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
to all Sammy fans watch this:this is S4 air gesture right?
199. Galactic (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
The Galaxy uses infra red sensor which can detect a hand on any part of the screen, whereas this air shuffle works only if you obscure the front facing camera. This Air Gesture is far more superior.
190. taikucing (unregistered)
If you want the look, buy the HTC. If you want the features & powerhouse, buy Samsung
191. kobainez (Posts: 318; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The Xperia Z and the HTC ONE is for people who have great taste. The galaxy s4 is for nerds and geeks who have no taste and wants features only.
193. poping (unregistered)
s4 is for people who want key lime pie update this year. htc one for people who are willing to wait for next year...
194. jonahleq (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
How much Samsung pay to this company...I won't belive any comment.
202. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Still looking for a good VS battle against HTC One...
204. andydroid (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
I wonder why this companies dont make almost perfect phones and tablets yet, the HTC One with a really good camera would be a killer, a Galaxy note 8 with good screen resolution or an ipad mini with retina display; i know why apple does it but i wonder if the other companies do it for the same reasons or just because its out of their reach now.
205. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
How is this working... You guys are on websites doing reviews and taking Galaxy S4 out and testing? I mean the phone is not even released yet! :-s
207. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Bloody way too expensive! I can get a 1 year top-up credit for free that much is saving when you get HTC ONE!
208. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
One day these smartphone are going to hit £1000 price tag. So this has to Stop. Samsung is being Apple now and Look where Apple is now. !!!
211. pego99 (Posts: 83; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
What a crappy review with no comment on the battery issue. Smaller sealed battery on the htc and larger removable battery on the G4.
212. mrraider602 (Posts: 20; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
All this doesn't really matter..the general public knows Samsung and will go that direction..so Samsung wins. More phones sold..more money!
213. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
If that argument were to then the iPhone would win everything and, we all know thats not true.
214. mrraider602 (Posts: 20; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
I think this article was referring to the htc one and galaxy s4, I don't see the iphone mentioned. Get off the iNuts!
216. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Really, iNuts. I used it as an example to support my point. I doesn't matter what the article is about.
I apologize if I hurt your feelings. No, need to be offended. My be you don't understand. I was using the iPhone as an "example". I'm saying the amount of sales a product gets does not directly reflect its quality. Many variables effect sales. Theres no better example then iPhone sales numbers.
Click this like for more info about how "examples" work:
218. Galactic (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Hmmm but we are forgetting something...
...the Galaxy S4 wins.
220. techjunkie15 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Ill give features to the s4 seeing as to how iv used both these devices before. But to be honest, using both of them side-by-side id have to say that the One wrecks shop in all other categories. The S4 doesnt stand a chance in terms of design, sound, display, or camera(including camera software). Sure the processor in the s4 might be faster on the octa core version, but who cares? Thats like running an a 3.4 ghz quad core i7 computer on a 720p computer monitor and with wimpy 1 watt computer speakers vs. a 3 ghz i7 on a 1080p screen and surround sound. Theres no comparison here for me. Hopefully yall will get to test these two side by side and you'll see the difference in build quality and pride that is present in the htc one.
222. Nephylim (Posts: 134; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
And the winner isssssss
SAMGUNG GALAXY S4
224. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
What did you read? That's not what the article says.
223. techjunkie15 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
227. Galactic (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Its funny how your list of features, apart from arguably BoomSound, are all gimmicks.
230. TMach (Posts: 401; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
225. Metalspy8 (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Its GOOD to be on the android team.. WIN WIN for US..WE get choices...
228. Galactic (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
It's even better to be on the Samsung team. You get the best choice
229. TMach (Posts: 401; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Happened upon PocketNow and came across this article.....interesting to note that every reviewer on PocketNow, given a choice, all chose the HTC One over the S4. Every single reviewer, including editors! What do they know that PA doesn't?
231. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
HTC needs to make a Nexus again already. That would be a perfect phone
233. poping (unregistered)
the unbeatable wolfson audio on s3 was beaten by s4...
235. timmyx123 (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
It all boils down to are you a music and news lover or are you a multitasker and big screen fan? One thing I think was a mistake was to leave out the IR sensor and the multitasking abilities in the one and s4. While I was trying to decide wether to go with the s4 or one I contemplated wether to listen to wonderful music or multitask like a boss.... Lets just say I use music more. Camera on the one captures more vibrant and deeper colors with the hdr setting compared to the s4 but s4 has more detail but upon the naked eye it's not much of a difference unless you are at full zoom then they both suck lol
236. timmyx123 (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
This close of a battle is amazing! In everybody's term you can't lose with either devices! Choose your preferance and use that s**t!
237. itster (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 May 2013)
ive owned and used both, htc one hands down and it's not even close
238. Makishima (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
Random thought but wouldn't it be so cool if all the top mobile companies worked together and create a whole new revolutionary phone......? aaaa...... maybe I'm overthinking again.......
239. AplhaMale (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
LG Optimus G Pro are better than both of these devices.
241. LordLust187 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
HTC should've put a 8 Ultrapixel Camera LoL :)
245. techjunkie15 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Whats wrong better screen and audio not enough for you? And lets face it, in real life touchwiz sucks. Even though the s4 has a slightly faster processor, HTC makes up for it with a snappier interface. As far as features, i really dont care much for them as i run a custom rom on all my devices anyways
246. pego99 (Posts: 83; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Hey Techjunkie does your custom ROM give you a removable battery and an micro sd card slot? I think not. Nuff said, the One is a loser.
248. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Look. If removable and battery and sdcard slot are something you think you need in a phone then the One is not for you. That does not mean that the one is a "loser". The vast majority of costumers don't care about either of those features. Just look at iPhone sales.
247. techjunkie15 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
I really dont see the need for more memory than 32gb on a phone. Cuz if im gonna download movies its most likely gonna be to my tablet not my phone. And as far as battery, im usually near a computer or outlet so thats no issue and its not like the battery life is terrible on the One.