Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Preview
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2013, 06:34 posted on
Despite the flagship branding, the S4 Zoom is first a camera, then a phone. It expands on the idea started with Samsung's Galaxy Camera – a 16MP Android-powered camera, which has cellular connectivity but for data only. On paper we have the first phone with a 10x optical zoom, but did Samsung manage to make a cameraphone, or did it simply slap a phone on a camera? Read on to find out...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Samsung should fire their current design team asap before an even more ugly galaxy shows up
18. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
To improve the sales of other brands like HTC, Sony, Nokia, etc i think it is better for Samsung to stay on building ugly phones.
30. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
htc sony nokia etc can't even outsell ugly phones. rofl that's sad
33. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
yes because the world is full of Mindless Fansungs like you ...
37. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Nope, it's because Samsung's products are only beautiful to Samsung fanboys. Those who ranted about Nokia making bricks, now they'll have to swallow those comments,
39. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Beautiful has nothing to do with it. It's just preferring function over form. Of course, people like you would want
your camera and phones to look like a work of art rather than devices.
61. felisberto (Posts: 33; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
then how come samsung make 95% android profits?
54. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Yes they should. Problem is that they DON'T have any design team. Havent you heard? Since 2007 Shamesung hired only industrial spies and those who are familiar with photoshop and can edit other OEM designs.
Then PR department calls it "Humans best companion"! laugh
Oh and yes, they hired a lot of lawmans as well!
62. willard12 (Posts: 1706; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Its odd that there are so many comments about how a camera looks (which is a matter of opinion) rather than how well it works. I doubt anyone will look at a Cannon and comment "that is ugly." Has anyone ever discussed how beautiful the design of a camera is or do they discuss how beautiful the photos are? Its a camera with android functionality. I guess if you're one of the 15 people in world concerned with how your camera looks, this isn't for you.
22. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Exactly! They should change their design ASAP
38. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Why? So they can catch up to HTC??
Samsung design could be better. But in this case, I'd rather have function over form rather than form over function.
45. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ugly as troll i must SAY and device layout is terible no plan just put all things randomly on the back what a jerk hired to make this garbage
47. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung should fire their current design team ASAP.
55. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
This is what you get, when Shamesung can't copy others. Don't worry, next years model will be exactly like this years Nokia Lumia EOS.
60. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
actully there was nothing to be copied here they made a stunt :D epic
2. phljcnth (Posts: 485; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Physical shutter key, zoom ring, grip bulge, tripod mount; heck, this is more of a camera than a phone! Now I know why it looks like this.
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
This is useless. You can buy better phones and better cameras.... Stupid idea.
5. rency0722 (Posts: 158; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
And the true cameraphones will be backed up by Nokia and Sony (Ericsson), just like the good old days.
56. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Yeah, except there are no such thing as Sony (Ericsson) anymore. Besides Sony doesn't know how to make phones or cameras. They should focus to PS4.
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2087; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
sony will make a slimmer one then this brick.
11. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I don't like it. Too much design compromise for camera usage that camera phone experience is ruined. The Nokia N8 and 808 manages to be the best in class without too much sacrifice with the phone side(I wished that these two run on Android and it will be perfect.).
15. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
This is not a brick. Bricks are bulky but also very sturdy. So I don't know what this is then...
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3866; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Brick...Brick...Brick...Brick....there, I said it!!! Thumb me down if you can!! Hahah
57. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
HAHA yeah good picture.
Shamesung - "We like to make slim phones and such!" errr wait!
19. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I loved it ! I was searching for a good camera and Android !
20. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
They can't compete with Nokia..