Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Review
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2013, 05:06 posted on
At this year’s Google I/O event, it was announced that another version of Sammy’s fabled Galaxy S4 would be made sporting a stock Android experience – dubbed as the ‘Google Play Edition.’ Now if you haven’t been swayed by the still fresh Galaxy S4, it would appear as though that this Google Play Edition might earn your trust, especially when the idea of receiving those major Android updates right away is within reach with this...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. ebubekir26 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
awesome ! definitely deserved that score
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Freaking 9 point fudging 3?? Seriously?
This must be surely better than he Touchwized S4!! With all the S features removed, i guess it has more space to churn out the best it can.
By the way, John...you mixed up the Quadrant Standard and AnTuTu benchmarks of the Play edition of One.
15. jellmoo (Posts: 204; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Yeah, this is baffling. I may not be a massive fan of the S4 in general, but removing the lag ridden crapfest that is Touchwiz should reflect a higher score overall. All you are losing are some of the gimmickiest things ever conceived, and in return you get a much more fluid device, more storage, and an interface that doesn't look like a two year old designed it.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1546; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I think the Quadrant Standard and AnTuTu scores of HTC One GPE are misplaced.
S4 looks so clean with Google edition.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1390; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I do, too. Many more customization options than other skins. Isn't that what Android is all about? Stock Android is just boring to me.
6. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
i wish Samsung could compress those S-features and give the device a higher memory like the Google play edition.
9. number29 (Posts: 82; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
This would be absolutely amazing with iOS on it.
12. ebubekir26 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
dafuq? hell no !
Android is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better
13. HASHTAG (Posts: 387; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Okay, so you gave the HTC One a con for "Basically 6 months old" (which is a BS con). (from announcement).
So where is the con for the Samsung Galaxy S4 GE "Basically 4 months old?" (from announcement).
16. gazmatic (Posts: 501; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
sooo... default android is better than all those skins
i thought the point of android is customization... why mod if stock is a better option? (serious question. not trying to troll)
sooo... nobody would mind forking out 600+ for this phone but a 300 subsidized lumia is too expensive
sooo... it means that it is ifinitely better to buy a nexus than any other oem device
why should I buy a non nexus phone? this is my ultimate question
19. anugakarthik (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
guys i got samsung s4 from my deals 247,good service by them