Samsung Galaxy S III vs Samsung Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 09:39 posted on
Since we know that a lot of you guys are still rocking that trusty GS II, we wanted to take a look at how the new model compares to the old one, and exactly how much of a reason there is in upgrading from the GS II to GS III...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
4. hung2900 (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
According to the review, is S3 almost the same as S2 except the screen and the processor?
How about the additional functions?
54. kellymark97 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
It Captures amazing pictures with zero shutter lag using the 8MP camera and Best Photo option, takes 3.3 shots per second and allows me to select the best of eight images taken when Best Photo is turned on.I would say a consumer would only need to spend a few hours with the GS3 to know its a superior product through and through.If any one still using Samsung Galaxy S II then i would suggest to upgrade it with SGS3 .The SGS2 is selling for $255 according to this price report http: //w ww.movaluate.com/samsung/galaxy-s-ii-t-mobile-titanium
5. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
The gs2 on ics gets 4100 on quadrant. and it also supports sdxc cards
34. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
the gs2 on ice cream sandwich has three screen color saturation settings like dynamic,standard, and movie. why is phonearena so desperately trying to make s3 look much better? it is a better phone than gs2 due to the things it actually has. you dont need to create stuff up. and if the reviewer doesnt know these things then shame on you. and mine gets 52 fps average on nenamark2 and my best is 53.1 fps
44. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
gawd man!!! this is a **GS3** review!!!!
If you are gonna get a NEW car, do you just lamely say "um I like my old car.... :'( "
or are you just gonna be like this guy???
6. Ricolef (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Galaxy S2 is still a good phone, but the Galaxy S3 is a Überphone!!
10. Lawii (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 May 2012)
GS2 also supports microSDXC cards, well, at least it works with my Sandisk 64GB. Though it's not perfect --
But how about that SWYPE keyboard? -- no one seems to mention this in their review, anybody got a clue?
46. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
hey i have a plan on getting gs ii instead of 3 but u said 64gb is not perfect by that you mean laggy ??
11. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
i think S3 isnt that a worthy successor to the S2 because it didnt really surpass the S2 in many ways... Most are still the same except the processor, huge screen, S voice, and new UI..
23. sniper1087 (Posts: 418; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Really look how many things they added, a lot of changes were done, Hd display at 306 ppi, quad core processor, bigger screen only being 16 percent bigger than the S2, better color balance, the processor also is more battery efficient, 20% better battery life, S-Voice, Smart Stay, buddy photo share, Direct call, Smart alert, Social tag, S beam, plus other effects that makes the phone work nicely, in my opinion this is a great phone I will be getting it and will be enjoying it.
15. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Guys its better to wait for galaxy s4,i m still happy with my s2,love u s2 muuah
17. chriski333 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I need a usa release date now! Before those greedy bastards at Verizon take away my unlimited data plan!
21. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Just got the Ics update today on the S2.
28. Manos (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 May 2012)
HTC One S vs Samsung Galaxy S II
Posted: 18 Apr 2012, 05:24 , by Daniel P.
One of Phonearena reviews.
The GS 2 ICS get's a 4039 score on Quadrant.
How did you manage to get almost 1000 less than that?
29. jeraldjamescapao (Posts: 23; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I currently have Samsung Galaxy S II ...and I love this phone!
Then next month I am planning to upgrade to Galaxy S III! Hehe
But what I don't like is why they only have MICRO-SIMCARD SLOTS instead of the standard SIMCARD size? :(
30. Iphone4 (unregistered)
S2 look better the s3 only design wise
51. jeraldjamescapao (Posts: 23; Member since: 17 May 2012)
For me, the new galaxy (S3), is more sexy. Hahahaha
35. mayur0701 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 May 2012)
PLZ HELP ME.........
i want to buy GALAXY S 2
should i wait for few days to get gs2 price down
bcoz i think when GS3 will come to market samsung might down their old dual core mobile prices....
37. tiara6918 (Posts: 1833; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If you are not after the latest handsets then maybe you should wait a bit longer until the price of the galaxy s 2 comes down more. In hongkong I even saw the original galaxy s(i9000) at a price of about $302,they are still selling it even though it's an old handset but that also depends on the location you are residing on and which store you will purchase it.
38. mayur0701 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 May 2012)
thanx for the suggesion
right now gs2 i9300 is around 27,000 (indian rupees)in gujarat,india
47. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
get it from buytheprice.com , you can get it for 16,300rs.
39. angelesmec (unregistered)
I want Samsung Galaxy S II I9100, I am also not after the latest phone and I really like SGSII since last year, now that I have a job and not a student anymore I will be getting it probably July 2012 1st week, I have Php 16,000 right now on my savings. The lastest price here in the Philippines is Php 24,990 just a few more weeks of waiting..The only thing that bothers me is the availability..until when will SGSII be available? I really like it and i'm nervous of the said matter.
41. tiara6918 (Posts: 1833; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
In other stores it is Php 22,000(I suggest you look around different stores and compare their prices before buying one). The availability also depends on the store you are going to buy it...so far, I don't see the galaxy s(i9000) anymore but the super lcd version only. Don't worry they probably would not pull-out the sgs2 just yet...just wait a few more months
50. jeraldjamescapao (Posts: 23; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Yes... I currently have Galaxy S2... and it's so nice.
The screen, performance, photos, almost everything!
But I am interested with the new Galaxy Serie.
It's time to upgrade. Hehe
My rating for Galaxy S2: 9/10
40. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Clear BLOW OUT in my book. SOFTWARE ALONE GS3 WINS HANDS DOWN..
42. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I will get the S3 & continue to enjoying my GS2 running Resurrection ICS 1.9
48. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Would be great if samsung and HTC do a smartphone together. With Samsung's greatness in making phones and HTC'S UI and how HTC designs phone, the smartphne would be awesome!
49. Dr_fajardo (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
can u read pdf´s files for long time on galaxy s3? (my s2 just long about 3 hours)
53. Jodabro (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I'll stick with my GS2, a couple of reasons. First the one not mentioned, Gorilla Glass 2, seams to fail more then the thicker original. Two I have the latest version of the GS2, which came with a few of the newer samsung apps. Three the older RGB matrix is better.