Samsung Galaxy S III vs Nokia Lumia 900
calling quality is such a joy on these two beauties, as we’re greeted with ample toned voices that are clear, distinctive, and distortion-free on both ends of the line. Likewise, we’re also agreeable with the audible tones heard through their speakerphones.
During our time checking these two out, the Nokia Lumia 900 is able to edge out the Samsung Galaxy S III in the battery life department. Specifically, we’re able to obtain up to 1 ½ days out of the Nokia Lumia 900, while the Galaxy S III is only able to get us by through a solid one day of normal usage. However, we can agree that LTE connectivity eats it up significantly faster.
One of the first dilemmas that everyone needs to overcome when looking at these two, it has to be which platform experience is going to be the more suitable one. For us, the TouchWiz Nature UX is light years more expansive with its arsenal of features to put the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango experience of the Nokia Lumia 900 to shame. No doubt, if money is a concern to you, the Lumia 900 is still a great option with its chic design and balanced set of features. However, if you want to experience something utterly cutting-edge, you’ll need to fork over the cash to scoop up the Samsung Galaxy S III – but trust us, you won’t regret it at all!
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
You must be Siri fanboy too :)
64. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
says the droidboy... by the way please let us know: what the hell does the lumia900 and siri have in common?
27. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Don't know what to do vote up/down cause both phones are great WP=Basic Fundamentals Sammy=Flexible, But GS3 is Better 4 Me IMO :)
31. shy2papa (Posts: 211; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
its like Comparing a GS3 Mercedes amg SLR McLaren to a Lunia 900 kia picanto LOL
36. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nah It's more like comparing an Agera R(GSIII) to a mini cooper or maybe a Fiat 500(Lumia900)..
50. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
For the love of god, stop comparing cell phones to cars. lol
65. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
agreed. these kids need to grow up first...
41. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Hey guys, johhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn V here. :))
2. sorcio46 (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Galaxy SIII is light years away from Lumia 900, and ICS offers more features than Window Phone, there is no doubt what to choose :-)
34. Birds (Posts: 1027; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I'd think the Lumia 900 needs to be compared to the Sony Xperia Ion rather than the GSIII, considering the two devices are in the same price range.
35. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
If you want something that doesn't look ugly, get a Lumia.
38. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Go for an XPERIA instead, you'll get the best of both, Android and aesthetics. =]
And beauty is subjective anyway..
40. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I'd say One S. Talk about design and build quality. Performance? One of the best in Android ecosystem.
44. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're right, but some might not like its HTCish design..
4. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
you should compare s3 to new wp8 nokia phone
when they come out of course
7. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It will surely happen. Then it will be a more exciting comparison: gs3 vs Nokia wp8 vs galaxy wp8.
11. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
whatever Nokia will be offering in WP8 is... unpredictable.
Nokia has never had an HD phone nor a multicore device. PureView was worked on for 5 years and was released and heard of only now...
The endless possibilities... too bad WP doesn't sideload and no mass storage mode, :(
55. vslayer (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
baseless comment have u heard that windows phone 8 will support now micro SD card and will support 18 months of software support ...
i wonder how long this galaxy will be upgraded to jelly bean....
watch out dude ...wp8 will be a BANG by the end of the year
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I'd love that.. But imo, the GSIII will remain the best smartphone for a long time as WP8 seem to still be as closed as WP7 and ios, so..
5. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Its nice to compare products, but there is no comparing here. We all know which is the better. Obviously its old against new. Nothing more.
6. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Why do you use white backgroun when Nokias screen work best on the black background . Have you ever heard of ClearBlack technology ? Aa
8. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
clear black is only polarized filter
so who cares
25. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Please . I have a Lumia 800 and when you use black it is harder to recognize every piksel . Thank you .
29. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
and i have sgs3 it is impossible to recognize any pixel white or black .
white text on black background or black text on white background it doesn't matter
30. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I think you are afraid . .... Something big is comming .... wait for Nokia World ..
37. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Afraid of what? HAHAHA!!
Seriously, how old are you?
45. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Of true ... Hahahhaha ... I sound like a old crazy man .....;)
58. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
people who want to be able to see something on their displays under direct sunlight. kapish? and thanks to clearblack Nokia's displays are the best (I'm not talking about the resolution). Check displays comparison in 808 review on gsmarena. You will understand WHO CARES AND WHY.
62. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
i saw that, 808 has big ass pixels and that's why it is so bright
53. rodex (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Exactly.. Every review I have seen on here shows white background. Which also takes up more battery not to mention make the phone visually very unappealing as opposed to black background...
10. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
"fresh design" yep the same as n9 and L800 but still fresh hahaha
SGS3 has polycarbonate body too and is lighter by 27grams
12. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
try to test browser, sgs3 is easily 4 times faster, and can have opened like 20 pages at once
take that WP
and sgs has APT-X
14. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
"Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, EDR"
bluetooth is 4 not 3
and sgs has 50 gb dropbox on most carriers and retail
18. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
you are lying too, see, SGS easily wins
22. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
13. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 354; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
U take the lawyers choice and i will take L800/900 or N9
15. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
I allredy have sgs3
greetings from europe
59. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you are stupid troll you know?
Htc has been making same looking phones for years and Nokia has just released 2 phones which look similar. You've got some serious problems with reality (or your eyes) kid.
17. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I don't know but the more i see Galaxy S3 especially with those different beautiful live wallpapers, the more i'm amazed with the phone..
19. SunMa_ (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
f**k the Lumia!S 3 rocks in this universe this year!!
20. rembo65 (Posts: 36; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
"For the last couple of months, the Nokia Lumia 900 has established itself as a viable competitor thanks to the combination of it stellar design and killer $100 on-contract price"
Aaaand a $25MILLION pay-out to AT&T...just saying)
21. Mafiatounes (Posts: 12; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I had a Lumia 710 and 800, now i am rocking an S3 it easily beats all WP7.5 to date, sound quality is better, camera is better, everything is customizable and so on
23. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Lumia is too good in fastest uses. S3 is quad core but its lot of problem. Just people looking specification only no one try to see the purformance. That is why I like Nokia and window only. Keep it up Nokia.
42. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Cool story bro!
61. Mafiatounes (Posts: 12; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Why don't you try them both side by side? You will see the S3 will blow every Lumia away
26. satydesh (Posts: 71; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
As far as me nokia 900 and samsung GS3 comparison is really unfair.We should give nokia one chance with windows phone8.
28. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I will take lumia only. I want a good smartphone. Not like a problem phone.
32. ryq24 (Posts: 534; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
i know someone who own both phones and his conclusion, surprisingly, is he like lumia 900 better but by a hairline.
43. SleepingOz (unregistered)
SUPER COOL STORY BRO!
33. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I Love my Samsung Galaxy SIII..... Great Android Phone as of now.
46. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Phonearena, the Lumia is also an LTE device, you made it read like only the S-III had LTE draining the battery.
48. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
The comparison is not fair. Direct rivals are GS2 and Lumia 900. Anyway, I prefer Nokia for two facts: 1. It is Nokia, 2. WP.
49. Shinobi77 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
I can't wait for my Lumia to come.. Had a Galaxy S2 and after ICS my samsung was a disgrace. Force Closes Java Exexption errors, Apps for ever downloading Random Icons and Widgets on your desktop. I would rather prefer a closed OS where everything is kept strict rather then a open one where people code alot of junk in to auto download Rubbish on your phone. So yeah after ICS No thank you keep the Android to the Spy and Spam ware Coders. I wills tick with C# coding and it's closed foundation.
52. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
don't be like that honey
samsung loves your money
but srsly don't buy nokia