Samsung Galaxy Note LTE vs Apple iPhone 4S
Unless we dive in and comb through each photo, it’s nearly impossible to say which smartphone is the superior in taking photos – since both dish up fantastic looking shots! However, we can say that the iPhone 4S has the slightly better looking shots, as its balanced results are tastefully produced by its sharp details, natural looking color production, and adequate exposure. Taking it indoors under low lighting, we do notice the usual level of noise with their shots, but again it’s the iPhone 4S casting the more neutral color tones. With the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE, we do like the manual controls we’re given, but its shots are noticeably on the cooler side – thus, appearing more bluish in tone.
Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Apple iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Apple iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy Note Sample Video:
Apple iPhone 4S Sample Video:
Considering that the iPhone 4S retains the same exact music player found in use with the original iPhone from a few years ago, one would think that Samsung would’ve come out of the gate with something glitzy looking, but alas, that’s not the case. On the surface, they’re quite conventional with their approach, but the iPhone 4S has this thing called Coverflow mode that stands out. Tuning our ears to the audio quality of their respective speakers, both are extremely boisterous in tone, but the iPhone 4S has some sharp tones that sound a little irritating at its loudest volume – while the Galaxy Note sounds screechy.
Since it’s larger and accepts most codecs without the need for conversion, the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE is by far the preferred device to watch videos. And to cap off its immaculate beauty, its punchy looking colors and high contrast really keeps our attention on it at all times. Sorry iPhone, but 3.5-inches isn’t enough to satisfy our insatiable needs.
1. Birds (Posts: 1161; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Finally, a none biased review. lol Just kidding. But sounds like John V. Has fallen in love with the Galaxy Note.
33. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
my word what a crappy phone to fall in love with.
2. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 682; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
I love the hell outta my GNex but the Note is so boss. I hope and pray Verizon gets a five incher cause I would NEVER go to At&t. Hate em with a passion lol XO
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iHate them even more. And, I'm with you, hope Verizon gets it :)
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I agree but I doubt VERIZON will pick up the Galaxy Note. They seem to be all in love with Motorola and they don't want to hurt the sales of the Galaxy Nexus. But yes I would pick up the Galaxy Note on Verizon in a heart beat.
43. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 442; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not true, they are going to call their version of the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Journal. Of course that name is subject to change, but does seem fitting.
52. Fhammond (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I agree with you. I too hate At&t and I don't want to move to them to get this beast of a phone.
3. bbblader (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
could this be? phonearena have stopped being iphonearena? now this is better news than the SGSIII
5. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1039; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Thats one of the best comments Ive seen about the note in a while lol
7. greathero1 (Posts: 566; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Too funny but when you see them side by side, thats one hell of an accurate observation lol!
11. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
No, 'it's like a man and his B¡tch'.
37. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Lol this should be best comment of the month!
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i want the galaxy note but im saving up for the optimus 4x HD
40. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ha, if it comes to Sprint I for sure will buy the 4X HD.
9. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Haaa!!!! I had to read that title twice, then I laughed: 'vs' implies by definition competition. There is no competition here; iPhone 4S is a flip phone (with dediCated 911 shortcut button for seniors) next to that Galaxy Note. Damn, I have serious size envy, my RAZR™ is only 4.3". At least I can reach for my original Galaxy Tab whenever I'm feeling small (or, at least, as small as the iPhone 4S is right now).
Go Sammy, stomp all over that LiMiTed and tiNy iOS'd fliP phone.
14. bucky (Posts: 2617; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lol u have some serious hatred for the iphone. I have an SGS2 and i can honestly say i would take the iphone over your razr.
The iphone 4s still creates standards in many ways.
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, it's a great replAcement for femiNiNe hygiEne.
41. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd have to be paid to use an iphone, and very very well at that.
I'd use Verizon if someone paid for it, but I'd never willingly go there.
If I had to have Verizon, the Droid RAZR Maxx or Galaxy Nexus or LG Spectrum would be the only choices I'd consider.
46. Powerhawk (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Lucky for you, -box-, I'm sponsoring faggots to use iPhones on Verizon. Forward your contact information.
13. redmd (Posts: 1274; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
there's only one iphone 4S. but I'm so having fun with my GNote. I can't exchange this for any other phone right now. Haha
15. greathero1 (Posts: 566; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
This phone looks awesome but why in the hell couldn't they had left the design alone? I am sick of all US Android phones having the exact same 4 buttons. I love the look of the International version.
16. kcombs (Posts: 275; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
I had the pleasure of looking at a Note in the store the other day, let me tell you it is awesome! but it really is not that big, pictures make it look bigger.
30. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I disagree. When I saw it for the first time in stores my instinctual vocal reaction was "What the hell is that?" I wasn't sure if it was a phone or a mini-tablet. It's just too big for my tastes.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that thing that I note is that fandroids support that is Android and that's all.. not that is the Note itself... mentioning other devices when it should about the note and the iphone 4S only... but will leave it at that...
27. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Huh? Am I the only one who doesn't understand a single bit of what he is blabbering right now?