Samsung Galaxy Note LTE vs Apple iPhone 4S
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2012, 05:35 posted on
Storming onto the scene, the Samsung Galaxy Note LTE has proven itself as one captivating smartphone that’s very different from mostly everything else, but it’s going to take more than BIG talk to take away the iPhone’s grasp on the market, so let’s find out who these two titans in the smartphone world stack up against one another...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 918; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Finally, a none biased review. lol Just kidding. But sounds like John V. Has fallen in love with the Galaxy Note.
33. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
my word what a crappy phone to fall in love with.
2. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 275; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
I love the hell outta my GNex but the Note is so boss. I hope and pray Verizon gets a five incher cause I would NEVER go to At&t. Hate em with a passion lol XO
10. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iHate them even more. And, I'm with you, hope Verizon gets it :)
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I agree but I doubt VERIZON will pick up the Galaxy Note. They seem to be all in love with Motorola and they don't want to hurt the sales of the Galaxy Nexus. But yes I would pick up the Galaxy Note on Verizon in a heart beat.
43. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not true, they are going to call their version of the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Journal. Of course that name is subject to change, but does seem fitting.
52. Fhammond (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I agree with you. I too hate At&t and I don't want to move to them to get this beast of a phone.
3. bbblader (Posts: 520; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
could this be? phonearena have stopped being iphonearena? now this is better news than the SGSIII
5. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Thats one of the best comments Ive seen about the note in a while lol
7. greathero1 (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Too funny but when you see them side by side, thats one hell of an accurate observation lol!
37. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Lol this should be best comment of the month!
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i want the galaxy note but im saving up for the optimus 4x HD
40. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ha, if it comes to Sprint I for sure will buy the 4X HD.
9. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Haaa!!!! I had to read that title twice, then I laughed: 'vs' implies by definition competition. There is no competition here; iPhone 4S is a flip phone (with dediCated 911 shortcut button for seniors) next to that Galaxy Note. Damn, I have serious size envy, my RAZR™ is only 4.3". At least I can reach for my original Galaxy Tab whenever I'm feeling small (or, at least, as small as the iPhone 4S is right now).
Go Sammy, stomp all over that LiMiTed and tiNy iOS'd fliP phone.
14. bucky (Posts: 1200; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lol u have some serious hatred for the iphone. I have an SGS2 and i can honestly say i would take the iphone over your razr.
The iphone 4s still creates standards in many ways.
17. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, it's a great replAcement for femiNiNe hygiEne.
41. -box- (Posts: 3536; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd have to be paid to use an iphone, and very very well at that.
I'd use Verizon if someone paid for it, but I'd never willingly go there.
If I had to have Verizon, the Droid RAZR Maxx or Galaxy Nexus or LG Spectrum would be the only choices I'd consider.
46. Powerhawk (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Lucky for you, -box-, I'm sponsoring faggots to use iPhones on Verizon. Forward your contact information.
13. redmd (Posts: 769; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
there's only one iphone 4S. but I'm so having fun with my GNote. I can't exchange this for any other phone right now. Haha
15. greathero1 (Posts: 431; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
This phone looks awesome but why in the hell couldn't they had left the design alone? I am sick of all US Android phones having the exact same 4 buttons. I love the look of the International version.
16. kcombs (Posts: 245; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
I had the pleasure of looking at a Note in the store the other day, let me tell you it is awesome! but it really is not that big, pictures make it look bigger.
30. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I disagree. When I saw it for the first time in stores my instinctual vocal reaction was "What the hell is that?" I wasn't sure if it was a phone or a mini-tablet. It's just too big for my tastes.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
that thing that I note is that fandroids support that is Android and that's all.. not that is the Note itself... mentioning other devices when it should about the note and the iphone 4S only... but will leave it at that...
27. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Huh? Am I the only one who doesn't understand a single bit of what he is blabbering right now?
19. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
In spite of your biased article, I'd like to share some thoughs. How can you compare a smartphone with a Pad?!? How can you call the Korean device a smartphone?!? This is either a phone for 10 feet Marsians, a coffee tray or an iPad/tablet, but NOT a phone. Besides, you can also explain what all the hypes about hyper-oled or whatever display, means to the public and why the colours look so unnatural, right? The whole article is wrong. You should compare the ''Note'' with an iPad, not with a smartphone...
25. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because it has a phone function in it. By your comment we should start comparing the iPod Touch to every other phone out there right? And even if this was compared to the iPad, it'd still win, better display, phone functions, s pen
21. pedobear (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I would pick android over apple any day but the note is way too big and uncomfortable. I remember when 4.3" was pretty big and now I`d be lucky to find a top-tier phone that`s 4.3 inches. if 5" screens become the standard for android phones then I'll be on my way to a store to pick up an iPhone.
22. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Oh. My God.... Its Pedobear.... I thaught you liked them small man?
23. pedobear (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I like them all sizes, as long as their study and they work.
28. trumpet116 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
HAHAHAHA you can't even compare the two...they're on totally opposite sides: one is of the smallest, one is THE biggest. No one is going narrow down their choices to these two...
34. x7black7x (Posts: 117; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
that's the same old 3.5" screen since 2007 or let's just say from 6 generations and apple fool you ifanboys by saying they have got something new the only phones by apple i found innovative were iphone1, 3, 4. that's all, all the other's were just like selling s**t on the name of apple
APPLE, Is**t2, Is**t3GS, Is**t4S.
35. salic (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Whoever said "Bigger is Better".... was right! :D
36. Manster (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
That GNote is a nice phone but c'mon people it's a HUGE DOORSTOP of a phone! Its too darn big and inconvenient to haul around.....you might as well carry around a tablet!
iPhone 4S gets my nod......and jailbroken the iPhone simply RULES!
'Nuff said, and you have been schooled! ;)
38. E.N. (Posts: 2217; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Dude I agree, I'd never buy anything that big. If you don't mind the size, then of course, the Note will be a good device. But in my opinion, it just seems slightly impractical carrying that around. Your phone is suppose to be your "take with you everywhere" device.
42. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
i am so happy i have att, even though i dont like them, they are getting a good amount of phones
44. k1ng617 (Posts: 229; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
"it’s able to somehow magically sum up conversation from random strangers"
Totally, 100% true!
47. samnote (Posts: 33; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
i had both iPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy Note. i use them most the time. even my iPhone sim small i still can use my Galaxy Note. love it.
48. jellmoo (Posts: 354; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I'm forced to agree with the article. The Note is clearly a better tablet than the iPhone.
49. paladinkar (unregistered)
"Sorry iPhone but 3.5 inches isn't enough to satisfy our insatiable needs"...anybody else chuckle a little at this?
50. paladinkar (unregistered)
"Also, well endowed in key areas." There is no way these weren't on purpose.
53. brandon.quinonez2012 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
i think we should have a better reviewer such as a person who isnt pro-iphone. because you are trying to make the iphone seem a lot better than what it really is.
54. jasonlee (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I own both; currently using my GNote but it's still lightyears behind my 4S. True, it's huge and it gets a lot of compliments but my iPhone's form factor, design, and outright functionality wins for me.
Aside from the size of the GNote (which isn't operable one handed like my iPhone 4S is), it's camera isn't as high of quality as my 4S, nor does it honestly seem faster in comparision (and mind you, Apple underclocks it's chipset and has half the RAM).
IMO GNote < 4S.