Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2012, 05:16 posted on
The Galaxy Note single-member phone family just expanded with its second member, the Note II, bringing many improvements over its predecessor. Is the Note II a strong enough package, however, to warrant your attention, if you are eyeing a regular high-end smartphone with “just” 4.8” screen, like the Galaxy S III? Read on our comparison to try and answer this question...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
43. ElizabethSophie (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
I really didn't want to see this fight until the Galaxy Note got ICS with Premium Suite. Samsung IMOP got the best phones out right now. GS3 simple has the best features on any phone that's out today.If any one still using Samsung Galaxy S II then i would suggest to upgrade it with SGS3 .The SGS2 is selling for $232.25 according to this price report http://www.movaluate.com/samsu
3. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
We want PHOLED!!!!
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2138; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Two beast , went at it :-) ,, I think the note is better ,,
5. Even4steven (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I already have the S3, so I am not really in the market for a new phone. However, I must admit that the Note 2 is a super desirable phone, and has certainly changed my expectations about what a phone can be, as well as what I might want out of my next phone.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
If every, everything on the Note II beats S III, then why, 9.3 for S III and 9.0 for the Note III, PA? Considering size shouldn't be considered as 'con' since it's targetted at specific people.
9. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
because ratings also consider the time it is released. you can't rate the Galaxy S III the same way if it was released next year.
7. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
okay, the Galaxy Note II impressed me. the last two pieces of the war are Nexus and Lumia 920.
14. redmd (Posts: 1147; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
screen size + processing power + battery life = my next phone.
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
PA, the S III' display is far from being the dimmest Samsung amoled - that title goes to the Galaxy Nexus - it has 247 cd/m2 brightness, while the S III manages 330
17. vinaka (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Can any body tell Note2 is using Synaptics technology for the screen like Nokia 920.. because it responds to s-pen as well as fingers.. can we use it with gloves on etc?
19. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Guess not. Nokia's device will be the very first one to introduce such tech in smartphone universe. S-pen is designed to operate on normal capacitive touch.
20. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Note II is amazing.. but the size is the deal breaker for me.. if we had a stylus on a SIII then it would have been amazing.. maybe samsung should introduce something like the NOTE Mini with a 4.3 - 4.8" Screen size and the monster specs..
Also, I would love it if HTC had innovated something like this as im not a fan of Samsungs plastic body... I purchased Desire HD over SII at the time i was buying mainly because of the feel in the hand as it was my first experience with an Android and didnt know specs matter so much.. I was pretty much a Blackberry Boy before this...
21. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its hilarious to see the amount of thumbs Down here for the comments above which are not in any way controversial or worthy of thumbs down
23. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree. The people on this site are just ridiculous.
24. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Lots of Samsung haters here, from both Apple and Nokia camp..
Anyways, GNOTE II is gonna be my next baby!
29. Nookie4u (Posts: 133; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
well I see quite a lot of thumbs down on positive articles of Apple and Nokia too. Guess every camp's spreadin the hate?
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It would seem to me that the Note II is clearly the winner here. It does everything the S3 does & more.The only reason to get an S3 over the Note II would be if you think the latter is too big.
26. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I guess price is another consideration for now. The S3 can be found very cheap on contract now if you know where to look.
27. x88yunkw (Posts: 109; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Wonder why so many downward thumb here? Eventually both r android n samsung. Buy both if cant decide.
28. Nookie4u (Posts: 133; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
this is a great comparison, thanks. Now this got me dreaming about Note 2.
30. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Well since i don't call that much the note II is something i could use. i am more a media type. Music-movies-fotos-internet. yeah i can see myself with this BEAST :)
31. mathur.shubham1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
S3 sporting 2 gigs RAM??
not at my place
33. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Yes AT&T version. but it also comes with a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor. NOT Quadcore.
s=mobile&ie=UTF8&qid=134860849 6&sr=1-3&keywords=Samsung+Galaxy+S+II I
37. mathur.shubham1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
thanks for info.......still NOTE II kicks its ass.....
38. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
ur welcome. it sure does kicks some ass. LOL
32. 10aera (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
So, according to PhoneArena and everybody else the Note 2 is way too better than the S3... however they put a score of 9 in its Note 2 review and a score of 9.3 in its S3 review... Can someone explain this???
34. henrys (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
have to do a note 2 vs optimus g when it comes out
36. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'm getting the note 2 cause in my opinion its lots better than the S3, i mean, even s voice probably doesn't beat the advanced google search
40. MatthiasBalk (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Bahaha the line about the skinny jeans! The s3 isn't that bad in my skinny jeans :P
41. bonsly16 (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
These two phones are targeted for different types of consumers in my opinion. The GS3 are for those that want an everyday to day use smartphone other than an iPhone with a larger screen but not too big to handle. The NoteII are for art-oriented-business esque type of people who are looking for more out of their smartphones (i.e. Being able to use an authentic and accurate stylus). They are not the typical consumers as the relatively large size would be inhibitive for their everyday use. Honestly, speaking from a GS3-owner persepective, the NoteII's size seems to be the biggest factor in the likeability department. The GS3 is already big enough for most people and the Note would go just a little past that. Overall, it all depends on the user's taste, taking advantage of Samsung's wide variety of choices fit for different types of people.
42. javorr (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
WWhat about the GPS, for the note they specify only A-GPS, for S3 GPS.
Does it mean that Note 2 is not as good as S3 for the GPS?