Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Apple iPhone 5
- 1 Introduction and Design:
- 2 Interface and Functionality
- 3 Camera and Multimedia
- 4 Call quality, Battery and Conclusion
- Samsung GALAXY Note II specifications
- Apple iPhone 5 specifications
- Samsung GALAXY Note II AT&T specifications
- Samsung GALAXY Note II Sprint specifications
- Samsung GALAXY Note II T-Mobile specifications
- Samsung GALAXY Note II Verizon specifications
Samsung Galaxy Note II vs Apple iPhone Video Comparison:
1. Fayeznoor (Posts: 69; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
its like comparing mother to her pre-mature baby ;)
3. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
You mean comparing a Mother to her unborn iFetus.
11. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Abort abort its not going to live past 1 year anyways
39. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes, and it's a shame that Samsung will have to put that dog down after the mauling it just took at the Apple lion's paws.
40. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
lolzz I said dog to iCrap 5 can't you make out?
You are one of those retarded iFans.
Tell me honestly is there any comparison between
The Beast and iCrap 5?
93. molanjames (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Hi @jelly_bean I do not agree with you , you are just trying to d grade Samsung Galaxy Note II , I would say The Galaxy Note II is a huge leap over the previous generation and if any one has galaxy note it would be wise to sell your oroginal asap for an upgrade. according to movaluate’s fair market appraisal http://www.movaluate.com/samsu
ng/galaxy-note-16GB-unlocked, owener could still get $369.00 for his old Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB , which could help pay for the awesome new galaxy note II
43. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
All I know is....whoever mistakes a Note and Note 2 for an iPhone....needs to just go live in a cave somewhere.
97. ex_apple (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
iPhone 5 side by side is like a premature ejaculation and fart at the same time. Why can't apple be 100% sure before they pushed it out to the market? All those promises smells like crap now. And yet they still sell it like gold bars. iPhone 5 owners would be pissed off when they found out that it has a glitch in its swiping.
2. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
That's like comparing a Teeny-TiNy iAnt to a mighty LION.
Of course, the iAnt will be lost because it will be using Apple mAps.
4. e.wvu (unregistered)
Great review, Daniel P. Actually enjoyed reading it! Already preordered the Note II, can't wait to get it in my hands!
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 19470; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good comment, instead of posting something dumb and childish u simply chose What's best for u. Smart and mature.
28. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
i agree..this is the best comment coming from an android user.. mature enough indeed.
83. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Challenge on my friend. Your so soft it's pretty comical. Acting like your about something. Gosh this site is pretty comical with these new trolls showing up daily..
89. jaimeovarela (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Says the man with the split mustache.... ???? Jus saying? LOL
8. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
should be getting my hands on a demo one myself this evening,cant wait
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Will be buying it in 2weeks time, Sim-Free. Excited.
5. jaimeovarela (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
prettifying!!!! love the word!! YAY for Note II
9. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
"...however, has higher 326ppi pixel density vs the Note II’s 256ppi..." Note II's ppi is 267. A simple calculation will tell that. So correct that mistake Daniel...
BTW nice comparision...
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why on earth did they use 267 instead of 300+ This was a major let down.....
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3703; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I like the way you say that as if you'd be able to tell the difference by looking at nothing other than the screen.
58. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
He probably uses the phone 1 inch away from his face so it is a major letdown to him.
21. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
As you see, Note II is bigger and heavier than normal smartphones. So we tend to use it from more distance than we use regular small sized phones. which is about 15 inches... So considering that note II has 267 ppi, another calculation will show that it falls beautifully in to the retina category that everyone is going gaga about. Its not a let down, its logic... BTW i love the Sharukh Khan user image you use. Guess you are from India...
24. PhoneArena Team (Posts: 258; Member since: 27 Jun 2006)
Thanks, we've corrected the Note II's pixel density information
32. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
^^phone arena team?? hahaha
10. rawdeal (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
i am using note 2 and i am loving it... truly creative and a mammoth phone...
14. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
could you tell me whether the colours are over saturated and look incorrect as said in this comparison? Does texts look sharper?
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They don't look sharper, but the Amoled+ kind helps.
23. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
You just said you are going to buy that in the coming weeks, now you comment about the display as you are using that.... Liar liar...
19. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
The colors are less saturated than usual amoleds. Colors are warmer as what the review said. Lower ppi doesnt matter because of the new matrix arrangement. Pixels are still more visible in note 1. I love my new note and im happe to upgrade from note 1
20. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
The ENTIRE iphoney fits in the screen AND you can still see a portion of the screen on the note 2.. I have the Infuse and the older gen iphoneys fit within the screen size and screen image was still able to be seen.
Big Fruity said this is a phone for everyone? HUH? I doubt Shaq would be able to use the iphoney. His thumbs are bigger than the device. I doubt Andre the Giant would have been able to use the iphoney. How about Paul Bunyan? How about Goliath? LOL Seriously to each their own.
Good review. The human eye can't distinguish higher than 300 or so pixels.. anything more just makes the image fuzzier not sharper. If Big Fruity went to a 4.5" screen then maybe they'd compete
29. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
shhh... just select what u like.. that's all.. too many words to express that huh..
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If i add a $100 to price of iPhone5 64GB (In India) i can buy 2 Galaxy Note II. So i would love to buy one NOTEII anyday and from the money saved (by chosing NOTEII over IP5) can buy some gold jewelry for wife and still have something left for a nice dinner in a nice restaurant. So now tell me why should i buy a iPhone 5? I love substabce over style so let's put the style factor out :)
27. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
iPhone 5 is not yet released in India, So I dont understand your claim about the pricing. Even if that is the fact, as per your pricing correlation you are comparing a 16 GB note II with 64 GB iPhone 5 which again seems unfair. I too love note II, but you are judging something by paralleling two very different memory variants and planning about buying jewels and dinner... Weird....
30. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
thats what we call fanboy buddy..too obssesed of android thingy..
31. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Since were talking about variants on these phones isnt the Note coming out with a higher than 16GB Variant?
34. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Are you living in India? There you go :)
And Note II
I can add micro Sd card to NOTE II to take it beyond IP5's 64GB which really wouldnt cost me as much much :)
So nothing wierd as i ain't halkucinating ... but based on available market facts.
52. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Who told you? Don't tell me ebay india is a fraudster of a site.... learn to read at least :)
26. twens (Posts: 953; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I got the note 2 yesterday. All I can say is that this fon is the best handset or smartphone I have ever used. Android on a note is taken to a different level. People who think touchwiz is wack need to rethink.its the best and most feature packed skin out there. The phone is just productive.smooth like butter, fast like lightening. Camera is great and I dont see any issues like the reviewers r trying to make us believe.screen is great with lots of details. Its best for chatting and browsing and battery life is better than all my previous smartphones.
33. LordDavon (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
These are my choices right now. While I currently have a Nexus 7, and Galaxy S II, which I carry everywhere, I also have a 27" iMac, Macbook Pro, and iPad 2012. Getting the iPhone 5 would lock together my main systems, but I can replace the Nexus 7, and Galaxy S II units, with a single Note II.
Honestly, I like having Android on the go, which is why I've always had an Android phone. As well, I am fine with moving to iOS. But, I do prefer a phone that is more of a universal tool, over just a smartphone. So, I am leaning towards the Note II. Besides, I am not sure if I can go down to a 4" screen, as my Galaxy S II is 4.52".
42. stondec (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Once you've used a large screen phone, you can never go back. I thought the Note's screen was too large, then I actually used a friends note 1 for 2 days and my SGSII began to feel like a POS. Now, all phones smaller than the note seem inadequate.
Also after using the Note 10.1 for about a month, I just can't find any phone or tablet without the spen function and multiscreen feature up to my standard.
The only thing I like about the iPhone 5 is the black color, otherwise the Note II blows it out of the water in every practical way; I'l rather go for a much more functional Note II than a relatively useless iPhone 5
53. LordDavon (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
That's actually where I am leaning. The Note II just makes more functional sense over the iPhone. With the 3100mah battery, I may actually survive a work day. My Galaxy S II doesn't last too long since I got ICS, and it really showed me how important having a good battery life is.
37. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Note 2 thats all i need to know. The Champ is here
41. stondec (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Love the note II. Most advanced phone in the world. You won't find any more feature pack, easy to use, functional, practical and versatile.
I'll be one of the first to get this phone once it lands on US shores.
44. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Why? the hell an author compare this iCrap5 with Note II, it's over price and feature less phone with despite of feature it dare to added $30 lightning connector (rigged) for idiots iFan and dumb enough to purchase it. Apple is controlling a freak, iFans-idiots still don't get it. Night and day differences. This iCrap5 is can not even come close of MOTO Bionic - it's only three years old. GS III is crushing iCrap5 flat into likes a cow turd, flatten by the car already. Why???? Apple iconic is an old sh!t, Apple's innovation has gone Ta--Turd.
49. mnyoka (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
im asking myself the same question they are so outdated this phonearena guys and so hell bound about appls
45. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 138; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
If you notice when you the article, everytime the Note II has a good review. The writer seems to redirect the subject and try really hard to find something positive about the IPhone to bury the Note.
Really!!! If you're going compare stop being BIAS!!!!!!!!! I know its hard for some people not to destracted by the Rainbow logo.
And yes I know it's appes to oranges, but keep it real or don't do the article at all.
46. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I would like someone to compare Note 2 with this monster :
48. mnyoka (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
how do u even think of comparing the two? its like pairing citi golf against ML 55 AMG phonearena please if you dont have anythiung to write about u better shut down your website
51. RGreen (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
The Best of Both Worlds
Why not get both , if you already have more then one line , thats what I plan to do and then i'll know fo rmy self which is the supreme handset
55. Ninetysix (Posts: 2316; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Note2 wins 3 out of the 12 benchmarks ..They should have included an S4 Pro instead of that POS S4.