Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 vs Google Nexus 7
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2013, 06:39 posted on
Armed with more than decent hardware and an ultra-aggressive price tag, the Nexus 7 is not to be taken lightly, not even by more ambitious products such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. Samsung's new tablet is entering a very interesting market. Between super-affordable, yet potent tablets like the Nexus 7 and more premium offerings like the iPad mini, will the Galaxy Note 8.0 and its S Pen find a way to capture a decent share for themselves?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1430; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
price wise (along with updates) the nexus is still the best choice
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1430; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i guess $350-360 for wifi only 16 GB
15. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
if its above ipad mini then obvious NO and wait for mini 2 or nexus HD to happen !
18. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
LOL....you think that it would be this much cheaper than the Note 2? With the same specs and bigger screen I think the starting price will be about 500-550 $.
19. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1430; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
well the Note 10.1 has the same specs as both , and costs $448 ...so logic says that $100 less for the small one
22. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Id go with the Nexus 7 as well. I have the 32GB Nexus 7 and it does everything I ask for in a tablet. The only reason I would consider buying the Note 8.0 (b4 buying the Nexus 7) was because of the price. Samsung is talking about pricing it as high as the iPad Mini...........NO WAY im buying that lol
I can wait another year to upgrade from the S3 to the Note III.
2. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1056; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I don't get something, why doesn't phonearena talk about the build quality of the devices? If i'm buying a device i care about the quality of the exterior too, and if the Note 8 is made by the Note 10.1 standards it is a shame, not to mention it must be the most hideous thing since the SIII..
21. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
S3 is beautiful and your opinion is hideous :)
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1909; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If the price of the note8 is in between the nexus7 and iPad mini then it would be a great deal but if it has a higher price tag than that,nexus would be the better choice
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Hey PhoneArena. Not to be critical (actually it is criticism) but I think we'd prefer more in-depth reviews, more explanation of features, deeper benchmark tests ranked in more competition scores, battery life test (video playback time, browsing time, talk time, standby drainage), screen tests (color saturation, brightness, pixel size) etc. Don't be lazy haha!
10. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
like it or not, nexus 7 lose in every spec, and not rear-facing camera? what a joke, note8 win all the spec!!
11. Planterz (Posts: 1484; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Flash works just fine With Dolphin on JB 4.1 if you have it installed. At least, it does on my Razr Maxx.
12. jlp34876 (Posts: 80; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
I have a nexus 7 and it will only last for 5-6hrs of continouos usage even on lowest display brightness, while my iPad 2 can last for a whole dayeven more.
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1430; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Nexus has a 4500 mAh battery while the iPad has one close to 10,000 ...