Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 vs Apple iPad mini
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2013, 08:52 posted on
It was clear right from the start that the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and the Apple iPad mini will be direct competitors. Both devices are fighting for almost exactly the same customers – those who're on the lookout for a tablet, but a compact one. One that you can carry easily with you and hold like a real notebook. But with two wonderful products like the Galaxy Note 8.0 and the iPad mini, the choice you have to do will surely not be easy...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
14. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I check everyday. If its above the mini then no.
16. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I saw in a website that it was around 391 euro. The mini is 339 euro. I paid 260 euro for mine.
2. Aeires (unregistered)
A grid only 4 apps wide on a screen that size is sad. Apple should have tweaked iOS for both their tablets to allow more apps on each screen, especially considering there's no app drawer.
20. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It is weird but it looks very cool on the mini. I thought it was weird on the normal ipad but i didnt notice that on my mini. I feel like if there was more icons it would look awful and too crowded. Having 5 icons on the dock i can definitely imagine how it would look like and i don't think it would look very great.
3. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Android for phones, iOS for tablets
4. Aeires (unregistered)
iOS or Apple apps? It's really the apps you're talking about, right?
6. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If only there were as many tablet optimized apps for Android tablets. You'd think with the Nexus 10 out, many more HD compatible apps would appear.
7. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Yeah i'd switch to an android tablet if these would happen :
1) As much optimised apps as the iPad
2) Better build quality & Design
4) A 4:3 or 3:2 aspect ratio
10. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Also, made not to look like a child's toy.
19. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You're a fan of 4:3 aspect ratio? I am and its one of the reasons i love my iPad mini.
25. MartyK (Posts: 726; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
So your home HD TV is 4:3?, 4:3 Aspect ratio was release from duty every since High Def TV (720 & 1080 i &P) was release.
26. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
How often do you use your HDTV in portrait? NEVER!
A tablet should be used in both portrait or landscape, and it should show as much as possible in either way, it portrait it's wide and in landscape it's better for web browsing since it shows more content, but yeah 16:9 is better for watching movies but just for that, and that's not my main usage for a tablet.
5. LAKAME_MAN (Posts: 36; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
I prefer the Note 8.0 because I like to watch movies and vids, and I also prefer Android over iOS.
To each his own :)
8. fsahin (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
iPads can be comparable only with ASUS tablets.Samsung tablets are freezing and not responsive.
15. xtremesv (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
If you bought a Galaxy Tab, then yes your affirmation is right but if you're talking about the Note series of tablets then you're mistaking.
9. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I'll continue with my Note 10.1 using 4.2.4 Cyanomodgen
11. amats69 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
ill prefer ipad mini! im an android fan for mobile..but when it came to tablet ill prefer ios.
12. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
One fault i'd mention abt PA's reviews....... is its battery reviews....instead of presenting real life usage data they just endorse what the company says.....and this is a serious issue!!!
17. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Indeed it is. Apple says the iPad Mini has 10 hours of battery life and i get 11/12 hours and if i play games like real racing 3, gta and regular usage i get 9/10 hours.
13. elsupercaico (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Writing this from my mini and I dont regret my decision the least bit...the ipad mini is a solid, well built device and its screen (even though not a retina one) looks and works brilliantly! The app store wins it hands down over the android market for tablets. This is the main reason why I chose to go with apple over android in the tablet department.
PS: I own a galaxy s3 for a phone and very happy with it. Its just that android is still lacking in the app department when it comes to tablets
18. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Writing from my mini as well. It is indeed an awesome device. I absolutely love the design. Best tablet design ever. About the display, the only problem is pixel density but it works perfectly, the only moments where it isn't very great, is in the browser, where you can't read the small letters. Besides that, the screen has viewing angles, responsiveness, contrast and colors comparable or equal to the best tablets.
21. robocopvn (Posts: 212; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
what the heck when the audible ads begin to come in the middle of the review ??
22. Dynamac (Posts: 21; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
Why make something that is on par with the mini, why not make it slightly more appealing than the mini and just give it a high resolution display? Can't possibly cost that much more.
All I want is a fast (doesn't have to be the best) high res 8 inch android tablet with a mSD slot so it is portable and I can display photos I take with my SLR on it quickly. Price doesn't really even matter. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Yet there NONE on the market.
23. dan_md (Posts: 66; Member since: 19 Oct 2010)
I chose neither. I like the galaxy's specs but not its toyish plastic design. i like the iPad mini's design but not its low screen resolution. I've been spoiled by high res displays...
29. dvegas7088 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
This website should be applearena.com IF apple made a giant chrome dildo this site would def suck it
30. lammertynlars (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
day everyone, I doubt very between the mini and the note if I ask to you which you would determine what is that then if it is above all for apps and so on on to play?
31. shubham3mathur (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Battle for Crown: Samsung Galaxy Note 510 Vs iPad Mini,Who’ll Win? check this here techfactz.com