Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs LG G2
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2013, 09:29 posted on
So let's say that you're interested in getting a new high-end smartphone, and having a huge display is one of your top priorities. Well, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is among the handsets matching that description – it is fast, loaded to the brim with neat features, and equipped with a gorgeous 5.7-inch touchscreen. However, as in most cases, there's a number of alternatives to consider. One of them is the LG G2, packing a 5.2-inch display and the hardware muscle needed to give Samsung's phablet some heated competition...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think either one is a great choice if size isn't a problem
2. ebubekir26 (Posts: 305; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
note 3 clearly wins this battle, but if you are looking for a smartphone that's just as good as the Note 3 but with smaller screen then you should deinitely go for the G2
both very awesome, please don't start a fan battle, and if there is a troll jut ignore it...
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6644; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You literally wrote what I was going to type.
3. mottykels (Posts: 362; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Jb4.3, 3200mah, large display, cardslot, removable battery, 3gb ram! GNote3 win!
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Between two great phones, the Note 3 offers better bang for your buck. In a Nexus form LG should win though...
5. drdaly (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Both are great and almost identical inside but,
Lg G2 wins for the perfect size that fits my pocket
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 1974; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Please buy the LG G2 and update us 6 months from now what a cool phone G2 going to be..
I can practically hear the G2 singing,, honey! I am still free, take a chance on me!
Yup the erasure cover version.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 1974; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
16. doejon (Posts: 311; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
no sdcard no removable battery older android version
smaler screen if lg had the same size of screen i bet the batterylife would not as good as note 3!
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 1974; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No to forgot there no point saying it's a 5.2 inch display when the 0.2 is reserved for on screen home and back buttons.
I like the Samsung physical buttons hand down.
30. ArcWoolf (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
when watching videos and movies where that size really matters, they go away.
6. sudbury78 (Posts: 124; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I've owned both and now using the note 3 . The battery was definitely better on the g2 and I loved the screen rotation options. Made it look sweet.
7. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Not sure I like the way LG handles its smartphones so I would opt for the Note 3 more. But I am waiting for the Note 4.
9. Darth_Muffin (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Respect for both LG and Samsung for creating amazing phones. Please take notice that LG is stepping up in the game, which gives us consumers more viable choices.
(hmmm.. Maybe LG has even given us headaches in selecting a phone cause the G2 is so good that it went head on and toe to toe with the Galaxy Note 3 without giving in)
12. bnick25 (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 May 2013)
The last lg g2x phone battery sucked so bad what a step up in the last two years,gotta give lg credit for bringing the game
13. cult67 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
I spent an hour in the store playing with both phones side by side. Coming from GNEX both were very impressive in speed, battery size and have great displays. I liked the location of the buttons on the G2 and found them easy to use. Both UI’s are new to me and mostly what I was comparing. In the end I went with the Note 3. The added features and bigger display won me over.
14. poping (unregistered)
they are both good phones...
but imho note3 wins by a million astronomical units...
also, note3 is sure to get kk 4.4 update quickly...
26. ArcWoolf (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
That's not true, the Updates are dependent on the manufacturers as well as the phone company you are with. They may very well get it at the same time or a couple days apart.
17. papss (Posts: 3447; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Had the back of the LG G2 not been so glossy I would have chose it over the note 3 but it wasn't so I chose the note 3.
18. twens (Posts: 446; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The best Phones money can buy. These guys are just abnormal phones. Hail G2 and note 3
19. lyle012809 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Oct 2013)
At first i was confused on which to buy, note 3 or g2 coz both phones are excellent..but i chose g2 over note 3 since it is more pockettable and less expensive..i did not regret my choice..g2 is so amazing..very responsive..the ui is okay and is better than twiz..also the battery life is superb..100% charge at 7am and 30% at 7am the next day with normal use and 3g is always on..and i heard a rumor that g2 will skip 4.3 and will be updated to kitkat by december or january..
22. tiara6918 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Both of them are almost just the same except for the screen size
23. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 352; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Well phonearena, this comparison proves that the Note 3 is comparable, if not better (I think it is) than the G2. Then why is it 9 and the G2 9.4. Isn't that just stupid?
57. julaiele (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
It;s because G2 is better than Note 3 as perceived by the author.
24. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2103; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Both are superb. So 2 GB RAM is enough as all benchmarks are almost same for both.
28. ArcWoolf (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
ram is not for benchmarks. The the graphics processor and the GPU are the one's that are tested.
29. ArcWoolf (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
I upgraded to the G2 a couple of days ago and it's absolutely the best phone I have ever seen. It's large but it's lightweight and thin. It's easy to hold for me and even though the glossy back is a smudge magnet. I really like it a lot.
55. E.S.1 (Posts: 286; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
How do you like your LG G2? I'm trying to decide between the Nexus 5 and LG G2. Thank you
60. Pandasaurus12 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I bought the Nexus 5 when it was released and used it for 2 weeks and am giving it back and getting the LG G2 (AT&T) on contract for $60 on amazon. I really liked the nexus 5, amazing phone overall, but couldn't justify spending $436 for a phone with an ok camera sub-par battery life. If you are able to upgrade your line with a contract, I would decide between these two phones. If you need an unlocked off-contract, then Nexus is the clear winner.
56. hashmi.ahmed1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
my brother want a very excellent music phone, price doesn't matter,
recently my brother bought sony xperia z1, but he didn't liked its music quality too,
he just need good music,
is there any smartphone with high quality music..??
or he should go for ipods? if yes which one..? which headphones good.?
please reply me as soon as possible,
waiting for all your valuable suggestions..
58. Lightsout23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Well music is only as good as its source. If he is REALLY into music you would want to use lossless audio and not mp3 because mp3s are compressed. You lose sound quality with compression. I can't speak for the note 3 but I know the lg g2 supports 24 bit/192kHz lossless audio.
59. JakeLee (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Winamp for Android is capable of handling both flac and alac (lossless formats)
The catch is, decoding them with the CPU consumes lots of power, draining the battery like mad.
Therefore, he should be looking for a device with hw decoding capabilities of the formats above.
I'm not sure if there are any Android phones with hw flac decoder. (Even if an Android phone is capable of playing flac, that doesn't necessarily mean it's done by hw decoder, plus hw alac decoder is not available on other devices than Apple's)
iPhone doesn't have a hw flac decoder, but alac is hw decoded, guaranteed.
So, a high capacity iPhone would be the best bet for your brother, if he only cares about music.
61. Zimakool (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
I like them both! But my preference was for the note3 I Can't imagine not having my S-pen. It really comes in handy.