Samsung Galaxy Core Review
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 03:14 posted on
Dressed in typical Samsung uniform looks, the Galaxy Core marches not in the forefront with top of the line specs, but indeed in the core of Samsung’s army - the mid-range…
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. xperia1409 (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why Do Samsung make phones with nearly same specs and just differ their names???? -_-
2. Kurai (unregistered)
Why the hell is this piece of crap 8/10?
7. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Because this is Phonearena and its made by Samsung ?
23. sssssssss (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
smartphone which can't even play subway surfer smoothly gets 8 points while some powerful smartphone still gets below 7 ;)
24. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
You may have heard about Samsung that pays the reviewer to give a good review for a Samsung phones.
This Galaxy Core review prove that it actually happened.
26. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
If this was a Sony Phone...no more than 6.0...and we all know that.
4. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
WHY THE HELL THIS PHONE RECORDS VGA VIDEO WITH THIS SPECS
5. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Dear PhoneArena please explain To me, the rating
system that you use.
Because i don’t understand why Galaxy Core get 8 in PhoneArena rating, when there are other phones that have the same price range but with better performance.
6. PhoneArena Team (Posts: 258; Member since: 27 Jun 2006)
We've decided that in its price range, the Core is a good phone, that deserves rating 8/10. Feel free to list the phones that you think are better in the same price range, this will be helpful :)
12. Kurai (unregistered)
If phonearena is a phone, i'll rate it .5. Why? please read thishttp://www.phonearena.com/howd
owerate. . . that's how you're answering every damn question . . .sorry for the rude words . . . but it's what i think is going on . . .
13. Kurai (unregistered)
es/Sony-Xperia-L_id7786. . . the xperia L gets a 6.5?
17. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Xperia L is much better with better chipset, better and faster connectivity and also have better camera
I think 8 for Galaxy Core doesn’t fit at all with what you explain herehttp://www.phonearena.com/howd
Maybe that’s the reason why a lot of people who don’t agree with this review.
18. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
At NegriElectronics Xperia L and Galaxy Core have same price point about $260
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
So you can not give more
reasonable explanations why G Core deserves rating 8/10, when there are other phones in the same price range but with better performance and more features???
51. beatboks (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Sep 2015)
The experia L at most retailers is a $100 dearer than the galaxy core. They are NOT in the same price range.
The ohine that is listed at the same price on negielectronics as the experia L is the core Prime not the core. It has a faster processor (only by 0.1) a 2 megapixel rear camers not a 0.3 and a few other specs that are different.
The sony phone that is in the same price range is the experia z which is a 4gb device with much lower specs than the core.
The rating of 8 means the device has flaws and they are all clewrly listed within the review.
27. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
So Phone Arena...Xperia L, same price range, better specs...but 6.5 ?? and this Samsung 8.0 ?? Sorry PA, but dont try to hide the obvious.
48. jowenfm (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
just wanna ask if this galaxy core can support these kind of games
*candy crush saga
*temple run 2
and other online games
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Okay, let me get this straight. You guys rated the HTC Desire 600 7/10, and now you rate the Samsung Galaxy Core 8/10.
The Desire 600 has a quad core processor, dual front speakers, better screen (245ppi).
The Galaxy Core has a dual core processor, single rear speaker, lower screen (217ppi).
PhoneArena, you really need to explain how you guys rate. If it's a Samsung phone, no matter how bad it is, you guys will rate it higher than the others?
10. PhoneArena Team (Posts: 258; Member since: 27 Jun 2006)
Please read this page -http://www.phonearena.com/howd
owerate- and the conclusion of this review.
28. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Now explain me why the Xperia L with better specs, same price range, released months ago gets 6.5 and thos Core 8.
33. sswain (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The Desire 600 costs $350 unlocked whereas the Galaxy Fame costs $200. That's an almost 80% increment. They're not even in the same league.
The Galaxy Core is doing battle with the Xperia M and the Optimus 5 II. All of which cost almost exactly the same ($180-220). Not the Xperia L nor the Optimus L7 II, both of which are a step above ;)
The PhoneArena team erred in mentioning the Desire 600 on this page. It's direct competitor is the Xperia SP. Both retail for ~$350-$400 unlocked :)
44. mhikan22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The Desire 600 has a quad core processor, dual front speakers, better screen (245ppi) Cash Price: PHP 17,990
The Galaxy Core has a dual core processor, single rear speaker, lower screen (217ppi).Cash Price: PHP10,990
Now See... Case Close buy your Desire 600 XD so expensive
11. WTF24 (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
why the F, does this one got 8/10 while the likes of xperia L got 6,5/10? xperia L has better chip set GPU,PPI count, has almost d same battery capacity 1750mah to 1800mah ,the same 4.1 jb, has better camera 8mp to 5mp,and the price that is not that far $350 to $300 yet it only got 6.5..
16. djcody (Posts: 100; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
4/10 for dual sim. Next!!! If is 99$ off contract then OK other whise piece of junk
19. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I can understand everyone's confusion about the rating, but there is a lot more to consider than specifications.
21. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
29. najib1312 (Posts: 152; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Ooops, PA did it again!!
I don't argue with the fact that this phone got 8/10 since it's price is only USD230 in Malaysia. But I'm pissed at the fact that the relatively better Xperia L got only 6.5/10 despite having better specs at the same price. Except the dual-sim functionality, Xperia L triumphs in ALL departments but PA didn't even recommend this in the conclusion.
My conclusion would be: "If dual-sim is a must, Galaxy Core is the best bet as it got all the bases covered. But if u don't need the dual-sim standby, close your eyes and just buy Xperia L. Forget the other brands."
41. keliori (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2013)
No najib, even in dual-sim arena I can't consider this phone as the best.
Around $250 price range some other phone are better than this.
-Acer Liquid E2 Duo
Correct me if I'm wrong
31. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3714; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So this phone is better than Xperia ZR, L & Desire 600 as far with ratings. WTH is this going on PA? Please change your rating system or else change your name. Now onwards I'll not trust PA for their Reviews.
34. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Formula to find real rating score
Samsung =10-pa rating/2
Sony =pa rating + 1/2 pa rating
35. mecool (Posts: 7; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
phone arena u r doing bad...
xperia m and xperia l r way better than the crap core
36. transgressor01 (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Aug 2013)
maybe the best featured mid range price smartphone
40. keliori (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2013)
I don't get it, why this phone scores better than Acer Liquid E2 Duo.
In my country Samsung Galaxy Core Duos priced slightly higher at $260, while Acer Liquid E2 Duo priced at $250. Both are unlocked.
So basically not only Galaxy Core is a bit more expensive, it also offers lower specs.
Yet it got better score here...sorry to say but it really doesn't make sense at all.
43. Hytparts (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Fox fixing, is it easy? these cell phone replacement repair parts are too multiple to select right.
45. mhikan22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
this phone is so amazing !!! nothing 2 complain ..... cheep price and good quality.... other phone is good 2 but so much expensive XD ......
47. jowenfm (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
can galaxy core support these kind of games
FIFA 2013,,,candy crush saga,,,temple run 2 and other online games?
46. jowenfm (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
is this samsung galaxy core supported with these kind of games
*candy crush saga
*temple run 2
and other latest online games
49. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Oh my god. calm down....
I'm sure Temple Run 2 and Candy Crush is supported but not sure about the Fifa
50. hariharan1991 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Hi Guys i am interest with Samsung Galaxy Core. How is the phone faster because i want to play the games with core. Please tell me before this Saturday i will buy this saturday