Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500 Preview
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Jun 2010, 03:27
The Android platform has gained an overwhelming popularity that certainly motivates manufacturers to stay on target and keep us occupied with new models regularly. Samsung has just become one of the notable runners-up with the introduction of the Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500 – an entry level Android-based device with design that follows in the footsteps (and has acquired part of the charm) of the Corby series...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. ace1122 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
I just think it's weird to have "Smartphone" in the phone's name.
2. Jyakotu posted on 10 Jun 2010, 14:47 0 0
It kind of make sense though. Remember, the Corby line is made to be inexpensive and/or introduction handsets feature phones. Android is associated with smartphones, so Samsung just decided to insert smartphone in the name to set it apart from other Corby devices.
3. kainen28 (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2010, 04:20 0 0
Samsung says the device mimics the design of the Samsung Corby and is "the perfect fit for the style-conscious user." The overall look and styling of the Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500 does follow in the footsteps of the Corby family members. New Gadgets :http://www.gizmos360.com/
4. Aliah (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2010, 23:42 0 0
My Galaxy 5 back button not function after 20 days used. Very frustrated phone.
5. alisterdon (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2010, 01:26 0 0
i was wondering if you could help me on this.
i have a galaxy 5 and i want to use gprs on it. i have the required grps settings but im not able to connect. if i enable the "always-on mobile data" it connects to edge. how do i connect to gprs instead?
6. Rikin (unregistered) posted on 11 Nov 2010, 02:19 0 0
galaxy 5 is very smart,easy, phone to use it have a very good touch screen. thank you samsung for inventing such a cool phone
7. Jorick (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 13:29 0 0
Do someone knows whene the android 2.2 upgrade of this phone comes in Europe or maybe even in belgium
8. Rony (unregistered) posted on 31 Jan 2011, 23:55 0 0
which one should I buy between B7722 and Galaxy i5500???please help friends....
12. Tess13 posted on 07 May 2011, 00:22 0 0
Get a galaxy i5500, thats what I'm getting at the end of the year when the old telecom network shuts off, and plus I've looked at some videos on youtube and it looks pretty snazzy and I've also downloaded and read the manual too.
9. Dills (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:11 0 0
I have Samsung Galaxy 5, I want to use GPRS in it. I use Vodafone as the Service Provider and My SIM is enabled with GPRS and MMS by default. But I dont know how to use GPRS in Galaxy 5 Mobile.
Can some help me in this!
10. grumpy (unregistered) posted on 25 Apr 2011, 17:25 0 0
It is a cheap phone which does not provide good SMS facility. Set up for reminders not user friendly and takes too much time in setting up these on calendar.
Contact can not store full double name.
11. Tess13 posted on 05 May 2011, 00:08 0 0
Are all those applications there when you go into the apps part or do you have to get them yourself from the Samsung app store? Just wondering because I will be getting this phone at the end of the year when the old Telecom network shuts off.
14. H2SO4(aq) (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 19:07 0 0
yipee the official 2.2 updates through kies is finally available i just updated mine here in the US of A.
15. Leonie (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2011, 00:21 0 0
Can you use your own songs for your ring tone with this phone. If so can you please explain how.