Samsung Captivate Review
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Jul 2010, 08:55
Samsung Captivate I897 will definitely bring Android's full glory into gear for AT&T's customers who have longed for a full figured device that kicks things up a notch. What's most interesting about the Captivate's launch ...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
2. rtimi26 posted on 13 Jul 2010, 10:33 1 0
wow really and you only have 2 cons and you give it 8.5. Nice thanks I see how you do it now.
4. BlackSirius16 posted on 13 Jul 2010, 16:48 0 0
yeah, did you even read what those two cons are???? average calling quality and medicore photos, pretty big deal
3. nak1017 posted on 13 Jul 2010, 13:26 2 0
If I stuck an Apple sticker on the phone, would that make it 9.5 too?
5. networkdood posted on 13 Jul 2010, 18:16 0 0
nak, good point, seems like veryone has ok call quality - I bought the HTC ARIA - AT&T - and it has great call quality - I usually ignore the call quality part of the review and focus on ease of use...I am tempted to trade mine in as it is under 30-days....but, I prefer HTC over SAMSUNG....soon HTC will have a super phone on the AT&T network and I will get it next year.
6. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Jul 2010, 19:44 0 0
I would do it, this phone looks great. The only true con of this phone is its on the same network as the iphone.
7. martycota posted on 15 Jul 2010, 08:30 1 0
Nice to see that a phone with so many pros and only 2 cons still manages to score below a phone that CANT EVEN MAKE PHONE CALLS! in your eyes. I used to respect phonearena's scores, but even as much as I hate ATT, this review pretty much sold me on finding a less bias review site.
8. osanilevich posted on 16 Jul 2010, 01:34 0 0
what I don't understand is how samsung can screw up the two most basic functions of a phone but manage to make everything else perfect
10. jdh4455 (unregistered) posted on 07 Aug 2010, 12:19 0 0
just so everyone knows, i have the captivate and the call quality is very good...good clear voices, loudness..and this is in an area that does not get decent reception;can't believe all that you read
12. Professor X (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2010, 10:12 0 0
So where does your comment fall: something I read and shouldn't believe? or something I read and should take it with a grain of salt?
9. Husker62 posted on 24 Jul 2010, 08:53 0 0
well i was just wondering if an unlocked version of the captivate is/going to be available without the AT&t bloatware? i am on at&t and really like these phones.
11. Brian (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2010, 13:50 0 0
You can easily root the phone and uninstall all the ATT bloat with Titanium backup. Just search on XDA and it will give you an exact list of whats okay to delete.
13. person. (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2010, 10:42 0 0
Maybe it's not such a big deal and maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but when phone arena mentioned about the Write and Go feature on the Samsung Captivate they didn't even use the Captivate; notice how there are only 4 signal bars when the captivate has 5.
14. LKgoalie (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 13:13 0 0
I personally don't care too much if the call quality is average. cuz that doesnt mean that you can't hear the other person and it shouldnt be a deal breaker for this awesome fone. also mediocre pix not too big a deal either in my opinion. if i wanted to take a photo of something that bad i would get a camera.