Samsung ATIV Tab 3 Preview
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2013, 14:04 posted on
The Samsung Ativ Tab 3 is a thin and light tablet that features a full-blown Windows 8 and runs on an Intel Atom chip…
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
3. tech2 (Posts: 3011; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Dude if you don't like Samsung product stop trolling their articles ! I would love for you to find me a product which runs full Windows 8 and has thinner bezel then this let alone which runs android too !
11. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
why? you andro fans always whining about Nokia's phone and thick bezels. Feel the same.
Besides, he just mentioned the fact. The bezel is quite thick. Obviously samsung doesn't have much love for windows products.
17. vincelongman (Posts: 2782; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But Nokia's thick bezels are on phones, which make them a lot bigger, for example the 4.5" Lumia 928 is basically the same size as the 5" S4 (only a few mm taller, less than a mm narrower and thicker).
This ATIV Tab 3 is a tablet, which requires some bezel to hold more comfortablely. And its a very similar size to other 10.1" tablets.
Through there are benefits of having thicker bezels on a phone, such as more durable, less accidental touches and easier to make cases with raise edges (for better screen protection).
5. umadden (banned) (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
because people want their hand covering the screen all the time while holding it
lel you just went full retard
18. ZeroCide (Posts: 722; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
The Bezels Are There For Your Protection!!! Move Along Prople!!!! :)
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1350; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Samsung is quite good with smartphones, but when it comes to tablets they always dissapoint me
Clover Trail? LPDDR2 RAM? We had better Windows 8 tablets than that last year already.
8. robocopvn (Posts: 325; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
with that price ! sorry I cannot afford it
9. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Those bezels, that PPI, that design. One word only: Awful.
12. jove39 (Posts: 1500; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Get real samsung...$599 for this? It should be no more than $399
14. dre786 (Posts: 46; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
if samsung make this their final product i would be very suprise. this is a cheap plastic attempt to discredit WIndows 8
16. HildyJ (Posts: 235; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
One note. The Lenovo competitor is the ThinkPad Tablet 2 (the Tablet is their Android device). As to why you'ld want one, it runs full Windows - real Office, real Firefox, real Acrobat Pro, real Evernote. With a pen you can use handwriting to input text and use ink annotation in Office, Acrobat, and Evernote (as well as other programs that support it). I'm writing this on my ThinkPad Tablet 2 which I love. My only concern with the Samsung would be the S-Pen versus the TPT2 Wacom pen.