Samsung ATIV S Review
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2012, 09:16 posted on
Samsung's ATIV S is a strange kind of Windows Phone device. Not because it does anything wrong, but because it really stands out from the first batch of Windows Phone 8 devices. While Nokia and HTC are trying to come up with most lively and cheerful colors, Samsung has decided to go with the strict, business kind of look with the ATIV S, resembling some of the company's old Windows Mobile devices...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
93. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I haven't even barely mentioned android! This discussion is about whether Lumia put Windows phones on the map or not. I have not tried to convince you that a different OS is better.
94. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no i ment the original comment not your comments was trying to invalidate
and touch up my vocabulary , no mate i dont im fine as i am thanks go talk down to someone else
2. smallworld (Posts: 487; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
So 8 for the HTC 8X, 8.5 for the ATIV S and 9 for the Lumia 920 ?
Phonearena is so predictable.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3915; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's this 8 for the 8X
8.5 for ATIV S
9 for the 820
And 9.5 for the 920!! XD
32. smallworld (Posts: 487; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It's impossible for the 820 to have 9. More like 7.5-8.5
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3915; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What a small-world!!! Sometimes it's better just to enjoy the joke and not comment something silly!!
41. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
so true...according to phonearena ativ S's camera and call quality is poor....and then why the hell is gsmarena mentioned it as Excellent...
4. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
The only real Windows 8 phones are HTC's and Nokia.
5. Aeires (unregistered)
It's an average sized phone, what's the problem with the size? Note is large, iPhone is small, this is average, don't see why that is a negative.
7. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I agree with you, the Samsung Galaxy S III did not get any cons for being too large though it is exactly the same size (.02 mm inches shorter -.-), I would, rather, place the GS III and Ativ S in a medium-large category. I think 4'3 and 4'5 is medium sized phone (normally), the Note is just a monster.
42. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
and also 920 is 10.7mm x 8x is 10.1mm x Ativ S is 8.7mm
so in this comparison ss is winner...why it is not mentiond in this review....
6. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
The Lumia 920 and now Ativ S have both gotten remarks regarding lack of detail in photos. I hope this is not software based (Windows 8 processing) that's pulling a Sony with their point and shoot models (loss and smudging of detail to look better at higher isos). Time will tell.
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
How is this too big compared to 8X and 920?
It's almost the same footprint, yet much thinner and a much bigger display.
Add to that the large battery, expandable storage and you get the best WP8 phone
9. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Ignore this review and wait for lumia 920
38. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Can't agree more with you. It will be hard to get into Nokia's territory.
10. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
its reviewed by Ray S.thats why its considered big.
11. Leo_MC (Posts: 1590; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Metal painted plastic?
No, thanks, we all know how quickly the paint wears off.
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The galaxy s iii should have been looked like this
15. JamesHunt (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Yesterday i watched the Lumia 920 review. Some canadian guy was the first person to receive his lumia from Rogers. Great phone ,to say the least!! I m excited about it !
17. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Hoping for a sony wp. X1 is there best wp yet
23. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That's a WM, not a WP, but yes, Sony hardware with WP would be excellent. Really the only company I imagine not making WPs is Motorola, since they're owned by Google.
19. twens (Posts: 979; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Not that I hate wp8 but must all windows phone have almost same specs? I guess they all ran same with same speed? That must be boring,there won't be any much difference between a lumia 920,HTC 8x or ativ from Samsung.most difference will be from camera finish. Till there can be a difference in windows phones like the way Samsung is killing it with android I will pass all the time.
24. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
There is something to be said for consistency. Android phones have similar consistencies, and some use the same hardware as the new WP8s. Makes costs lower, development easier, and reduces chances for possible fragmentation.