RIM BlackBerry Curve 8900 Review
8350i we thought the speaker sounded recessed within the device leading to a very hollow. We still could hear them just fine, but voice quality wasn’t top notch. Callers said we sounded “quite good” and were impressed with the clarity. We did experience a few dropped calls during testing, but we have a feeling that this has as much to do with T-Mobile than it does with RIM. Battery life is rated at 5.5 hours of talk time, but as usual RIM has underrated their product. In our testing we fell just short of 8.5 hours, which is as respectable as it gets.
The 8900 is a worthy successor to the wildly successful 8300. It combines all of the features we loved the first time around with a better form factor and increased specs. The display is the on par with the Storm as the best we’ve ever seen from RIM, and though the keyboard is a bit small the overall feel is also RIM’s best effort. The 4.6 OS is shiny and polished, though with Palm’s recent Pre announcement we feel RIM is about due for a drastic change that goes beyond cosmetics. It doesn’t detract from the Curve’s performance too much though, and all in all we love what we see.
- Near perfect feel
- Best in class high-resolution display
- Quick, polished, bug-free OS
- Greatly improved camera performance over the Storm
- Solid phone performance, including amazing battery life
- Keyboard may be a bit too small for larger fingers
- The OS may be bug-free, but it’s far from perfect
1. remixfa (Posts: 14079; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
love how in your initial comments, you talk about the other attempts at media devices like the "pearl and storm". dude, the storm just came out, already sold over 1 million units (and its on bogo now with all other blackberries on VZW), sells like wildfire, and you act like it was yesterdays news. Ugh.
2. fracturedpsyche (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
didn't the pearl come out before the curve?
3. andrew_espana (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Mar 2009)
i've seen the youtube video player on this, and to be honest it made the thirteen inch in my bedroom look like caca, lmfao
4. jsb (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jul 2009)
It is said there will be a 8930 for CDMA users? Anymore info on when?
5. felix006 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Lukin forward 2 buy dis fone.. Hope it dosnt fail 2 impress