RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Review
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2009, 11:01 posted on
Traditionally RIM has catered to the higher end, but with their push into the consumer market the need for an entry level model was inevitable. Meet the Curve 8520. It offers a good form factor, solid but average specs and the wonderful QWERTY that RIM has been known for.
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
optical trackball adds something different than that stupid normal one
2. martycota (Posts: 28; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Nice use of some Andrew Bird on the media player!!!
3. Arielnyc2006 (unregistered)
When does this come to Tmobile?
4. legionsreturn (unregistered)
Why are you guys reviewing a PROTOTYPE unit as the final product????????? How could you possibly hope to have an objective or accurate review when the device HASN'T EVEN BEEN ANNOUNCED???????
5. adoras (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
Hey guys! Xpax is out with the 1st ever prepaid blackberry and it’s ready for pre-booking now! Go towww.xpax.com.my/orderblackberr
yand pre-register for ur very own Blackberry Curve 8520!
6. adoras (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
Finally a Blackberry that's affordable and it lets me post all the pics I take on my phone straight to my Flickr profile and my FB. No need to wait till I get home. You guys can pre-book the Blackberry Curve 8520 atwww.xpax.com.my/blackberry !
7. mjpower4 (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Oct 2009)
Looks plastic. Feels plastic. Rim what are you doing? Waiting on the new Bold 9700 and hoping for better multimedia handling as this may be my future handset depends on how it shapes eager for that review Phonearena..... Also looking at E72 which if it goes like a previous handset in the E71 it should be a long term winner
8. Negrielectronics.com is a scam (unregistered)
Ryan Negri is a scammer and a harraser
I know he is doing this to his customers and suppliers…this guy is really mentally unstable and harasses people.
I have done some research and came up with this site–please check it out.
go all the way towards the bottom and there is another link which shows you that he is being investigated.
I would never buy again from this guy.
10. GadgetLover (unregistered)
I recently bought this phone having a fantasy to have a Blackberry. This phone might be value for the money but quite a lot of drawbacks
1. Battery dies rapidly, probably in 4 hrs time if WIFI is ON and if u have configured to receive e-mails then the phone batterey dies quite soon
2. Phone can be afforded but taking a BB plan with the service provider is much expensive. With Airtel, you would end yp paying 1100RS per month to have corporate email, yahoomail.... Which is quite expensive
3. Menu Button and Back button are quite irritating, might need to press little hard.
this phone is ideal if the Organization buys and provided the servce cost then its fine, otherwise it a HUGE LOSS
To be honest, not a great phone.