RIM BlackBerry 7290 review
Business on the go professionals this device is for you. With average data coverage and clear calls anyone can find a good use for the 7290. We can finally thank the folks at RIM for allowing the use of Bluetooth headsets, and groan a little for pulling the built-in speakerphone functionality from the drawing board. Those looking into this for enhanced messaging capabilities only you may have a little too much in your hands (Nokia 6822 may be for you.) For those looking for an exciting multimedia experience with a camera and speakerphone this device may not be for you; check out the Treo 650 with more customizable applications from third party developers. But if you want a robust and business oriented phone that feels as if you are sending and receiving emails directly from your own desktop, this unit is for you.
As always, if you are interested in becoming part of our review team, drop me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality and stronger physical design than competitors
- Bluetooth finally available on a BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server immediately syncs with office PCs
- Push email service compose and send emails in seconds
- Stable and responsive processor
- Display resolution is nothing to be proud of
- Does not support polyphonic ring tones (no mp3s folks)
- Without a built-in speakerphone the 7290 lacks the complete package
- Web Browsing capabilities not as enhanced as some competitors
Be the first one to post a comment!