Pebble Smart Watch Review
0. phoneArena 05 Mar 2013, 08:39 posted on
The reality is, the few smart watches available have been overly complex, plagued with issues and in general have failed miserably. Then along came Pebble, a seemingly dead simple concept that absolutely blew up Kickstarter with over $10 million in funding. Has the Pebble team finally nailed it, or is this product just another cool-on-paper idea that we’ve been duped with for decades?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
12. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
I've had both and it really comes down to comfort and preference.
Personally, the Pebble fits my wrist better and is just easier to live with day to day. Sony's software is clinky by comparison too... the Pebble might be simpler, but utilitarian isn't always a bad thing.
3. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This needs to have a built in speaker and mic so that I can answer a call while having sex. I don't want to hunt for my Note 2 during action time.
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So while you are on bed does it run in Stop watch mode :D :D
18. GoBears (Posts: 412; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Why? You should still have a hand free...lol JK!
24. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
accelerometer and stopwatch will let you know that you were physically active for 18 seconds today and burned x number of calories.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Benchmark scores please :D
But will you look at the cons?
Connectivity issues at times
Siri compatibility problems
Probably too large for smaller wrists
Promised functionality isn’t available
All the basic things this smartwatch is supposed to do is null...and it still gets an 8???
6. Captain_Doug (Posts: 899; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It does do the basics. Too large is relative. Siri Compatibility, who uses Siri? Connectivity issues, probably not common, might be though. Promised functionality not being available is a bummer but when you look at the other semi-cons, 8 make sense.
5. BattleBrat (Posts: 1247; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I got one through kickstarter, sold it on eBay for $300 (I needed money for my Surface Pro's Warranty)
7. buccob (Posts: 1939; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This needs to be solar and kinetic powered... the proprietary connection is a big CON.
And as other said. A mic, and tiny speaker would be great.
11. McLTE (Posts: 744; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Tiny speakers would NOT be great. I don't want to be around a bunch of Pebble users who are all on "speaker" trying to use their devices.
A mic could be helpful however and a good way to use hands free typing when responding to texts.
13. buccob (Posts: 1939; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Correct... I agree.... but given that choice is always better than imposition... a speaker of some kind, even if its just for a sound notification would be nice.
14. McLTE (Posts: 744; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
True, though I'd rather have a waterproof watch than add the speakers and mic and lose that.
25. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
no Mic, no speakers. go water tight with Bluetooth.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i had already planned on getting one of these.
15. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Very sexy, but haven't bought a watch since i was...12, thats when i got my Nokia 6300
16. JunitoNH (Posts: 1236; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I'll wait for the second or third iteration. Not feeling the design, in addition I have seen it on a person wrist. Is difinitely not, visually, aesthetically pleasing, and for $150 should meet all the aforementioned.
17. khairy-j (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Hi pa how abt u review this watch imsmart.com
Then any advise if i want to find gps tracker for kids 3 yrs n above
28. TinCity (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 May 2013)
Just picked up this watch at Amazon and got a great deal on a used one. I'm so excited that I would like to share the discount that I received with anyone who is looking to get this awesome smart watch: topdiscountfinder.com/?s=Pebble+E-Paper+Watch - Wow, they don't have many left.
29. thesavings (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
Just picked up with discount, very cheap at hotdiscountfinder.com/?s=Pebble+Smart+Watch
30. wjs700 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Mar 2015)
I have a Pebble and absolutely LOVE it! I use Apple and Android, so having a wearable that is compatible with both is awesome!