Palm Pixi ReviewPalm Pixi 9
Performance and Conclusion:
Call quality was good on Pixi. Callers reported us as an 8.5-9, saying there was a very slight echo, almost like we were in a chamber, but that it was a very minor issue. On our end they sounded just fine with good volume and voice reproduction. Battery life on Palm Pixi is surprisingly good despite its petite size. Similarly to the Pre, it uses a 1150mAh battery, but we were able to get a day’s use out of it with about 1/3 of the battery remaining at bedtime.
The Pixi is a great compliment to the Pre and a worthy second entry into the webOS lineup. Its size and feel is just wonderful and we think that many people would pick the Palm Pixi over the Pre because of this, even at the same price. Sure, it loses some features like Wi-Fi and some pixels on the display, but we like the keyboard better and don’t mind the smaller display for the most part. The HTC Droid Eris offers the best smartphone value for $99, but the Pixi holds its own and we feel that some people will prefer webOS, whereas others will prefer the Pixi’s size. Whatever the reason, the Palm Pixi is a solid choice.
Palm Pixi Video Review:
- Small size is comfortable to hold and fits well into any pocket
- The QWERTY keyboard is comfortable to use
- Good battery performance and call quality
- webOS is still growing, but already a true competitor in the market
- Smaller screen is noticeable when on the web
- No Wi-Fi
- Poor camera performance
- No expandable memory, though 8GB will be plenty for most
Palm Pixi Review - Performance and Conclusion