OnePlus One Review
0. phoneArena 15 Jul 2014, 09:11 posted on
We put the elusive OnePlus One to the test – does it live up to the hype, and is the extra effort required to obtain one worth it?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Duketytz (Posts: 471; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
You caught the legendary Pokémon! Well done Chris!
3. alltechinside (Posts: 239; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Even Legendary Pokemons are easier to find lmfao
25. Jinto (Posts: 394; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Lol, google should work with OnePlus for the Nexus 6
32. techperson211 (Posts: 609; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I don't think that google will depart with lg in making nexus phones . Look at nexus 4 and 5 they're good flagship phones with affordable prices . This one plus sh*t invite system kills them , I don't think people will be interested in one plus 2, not unless they make it available globally.
33. techperson211 (Posts: 609; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I don't think google will depart with lg in making nexus phones. I mean look at the success of nexus 4-5 . They're are flagship phones with prices that are acceptable. This one plus sh*t invite system is so annoying . If they'll do this again to one plus 2 then this all hype of NEVR SETTLE is just plain BS.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1345; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
you forgot to mention that the phone is made out of unobtanuim
5. jellmoo (Posts: 666; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Could you at least make some sort of pretend effort to explain the scores in your reviews? It's utterly nonsensical to see a device come through with a great battery, great screen and through the roof benchmarks all at a crazy low price, and then get a score lower than other flagships that don't perform as well.
Do you use a random number generator to calculate the final score?
9. Rydsmith (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
It's called reading the review, you should try it sometime.
16. jellmoo (Posts: 666; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Then please, enlighten me oh wise and learned master. Please share with me how this magical score is calculated. Please give us some of your vaunted wisdom you've picked up from this "reading" you speak of. Us humble peasants cannot hope to understand things at your advanced level. We can only read the words that are here, and not the ones you are making up in your head.
17. thephonedude (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Here you go knave,http://www.phonearena.com/howd
oweratenow begone! Or else you shall be banished to the depths of the dungeon!
19. jellmoo (Posts: 666; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Alas good sir, that still doth not explain overmuch.
A device that benchmarks higher, comes with what they measure as a great screen and great battery life and half the price of competition is scoring lower than said competition.
There doth need to be a better explanation.
11. o0Exia0o (Posts: 356; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Your right the author of this review just seemed to throw out a number with out thinking about it. The great battery, great screen, the through the roof benchmarks all at a crazy low price and then there is this crazy invite system making it next to impossible to actually buy one....I personally would have given it a lower score. Just my 2 cents though!
20. jellmoo (Posts: 666; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Should availability be taken into account though? It's an honest question. Are we grading the overall ability and quality of the device, or should something like limited availability be taken into account i n the final score? Was it with devices like the Nexus 4 and 5, which had their own availability issues?
29. o0Exia0o (Posts: 356; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Yes I do believe that availability should factor in to a devices rating. I will agree that there have been some problems with the launches and availability of Nexus devices but it has not been on the scale that One Plus has. Also when a Nexus device is launched it is available for order to anyone to order and just because the initial stock sells out does not mean that anyone who did not get in on the first batch will not be able to order one. I could go on the playstore right now and order a Nexus 5. Can you order a One Plus One right now (without an invite)?
6. Grenmad (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Jun 2014)
Hated this phone marketing gimmick until I got my invite yesterday and ordered one lol.
7. ryan5609 (Posts: 98; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Ordered 2 OnePlus phones yesterday (dont ask me how, glitch on their part) going to keep one and sell the other. I hated, and still hate their marketing gimmick, and the way they went about selling phones. Glad they finally eased up a bit on the invites and finally started handing them out to early forum members. Looking forward to getting the device, just worried about the size, coming from a Nexus 5. I'll give it a few days, but if it is too big for my liking, I'll keep my Nexus and hope the Nexus 6 isn't quite as large.
22. jove39 (Posts: 1279; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
OPO is larger than N5...but feels comfortable in hand...if small phones is your thing...you probably won't like it just because of size. sandstone back cover is good...no need to worry about finger prints...and also it doesn't slip from hand.
So far best features I liked in OPO over N5 are excellent audio playback quality and battery backup. And ofcourse, it comes pre-installed with CM 11S...you'll have a lot to play with.
One gripe - If you try to use iPhone headphones with OPO it's mic won't work.
8. refillable (Posts: 634; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
If not for the 5.5 inches and it's availability, I would pretty much say it's the best of H1 2014. However as there are too much gimmicks, It's not.
12. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4314; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Is much better, with class prestige materials
21. Neo_Huang (Posts: 377; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
The Oppo Find 7's screen sucks, has lower benchmark scores, and much lower battery life.
14. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4314; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So this is a rooted handset?
With CM11 Rom
So we can tinker with the Cpu, Gpu, voltage settings?
15. vuyonc (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
B-b-but this deserved like a 9.5. The phone practically doesn't exist b-b-b-but it so kills these flagships.
26. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I'm wondering how its camera compares to the G3's
27. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Looking at the size comparison - Can't help realizing that LG has done an absolutely incredible job of keeping the dimensions down. It looks positively tiny in comparison to the other 3 phones. If I didn't know my stuff, I can easily think that it's got the smallest screen size of the bunch, when in fact, only the note 3 has a slightly larger screen.
LG deserve more appreciation than they are currently getting. People croon endlessly about the metal clad m8 or the glass & metal iPhone, but doesn't managing size better, also fall into excellent design & build department?
28. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The camera is absolute rubbish (or at least, the algorithms being implmented are). I feel sorry for anyone that would fork out money on this phone, aven if it is ridiculously affordable. I would imagine that compromises and/or sacrifices where made left, right and centre in an attempt to keep the costs low.
31. pubbaa (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
by the time this becomes readily available other manufacturers would have released even better phones, apart fro the marketing and the fact this really a "oppo" ,end of the day this is just another chinese brand...i was hyped for this but...now I'm not sure..
34. SanderBelaen (Posts: 7; Member since: 06 May 2014)
What icon pack is he using?
Or is it a cyanogenmod theme?
40. Chris.P (Posts: 273; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
CyanogenMod, yes. There are plenty of options in this regard, though.
36. platformwars (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Why is there no video for the review? i prefer watching videos to reading the full thing. Did you not have the phone and copied the review from somewhere else PA?
Please release a video.
39. beedeezy14 (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
I ordered mine yesterday. I'm an early supporter.
41. wunaru (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
ONEPLUS ONE 64GB
42. wunaru (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
ONEPLUS ONE 64GB
43. braulio_rj (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Hello! Is there someone could send me an invitation to buy this piece of heaven? Or at least where I can get one? Thank you!
44. a1369366 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
sometime, i really WONDER how much the reviewer got paid to do the review....
xiaomi, 10 time easier to get, and no one did a review here at PA.
1+1, impossible to get, and the reviewer got one with no issue?