Nokia Lumia Icon vs LG G2
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 09:31 posted on
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. LuckyS (Posts: 99; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
I think that these two phones aren't comparable. G2 is better by far, especially when it comes to OS-es.
19. sbw44 (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
When It comes to hardware the Nokia Icon is by far the better device
20. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
The processor,GPU and RAM are the same,as well as screen tech (LG's display seems more contrasty and popping,though)
Icon's camera seems the better for stills but for video the G2 is the winner
Aside from the build quality (completely diferent and no need to talk about it) they seem pretty comparable
Software is the thing here
22. Brianb (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Java over C/C++. Software will always be quicker When your not using Java.
10. RandomUsername (Posts: 562; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Icon wins in hardware, G2 wins in software :)
16. Liveitup (Posts: 1589; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Lumia has the better looking software and hardware.
3. Kishin (Posts: 648; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Thanks to onscreen buttons the G2 looks like a 4.9'' look at the viewing angles..
Many of these phones will struggle when WP8.1 releases...
5. networkdood (Posts: 6328; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
phone designs seemed a bit boring nowadays - the ICON reminds me of an HTC phone, except more squarer....
8. edrich (Posts: 27; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I really wish phonearena would start using the dark background for Windows Phones instead of the light one. Dark looks so much more impressive with the Lumia design and UI
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
This time both UX look cartoonish and funky.
12. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
i cant actually think of anything that the Icon have but the G2 doesnt have.. but i can think dozens of things that the G2 have but the Icon doesnt have.. except for the design.. Icon takes that one i guess..
14. dratomic (Posts: 476; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
yes i prefer android but cmon icon is a nokia. something that lg will never be
15. thunder18 (Posts: 116; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
Well, to be fair, the Icon does have the 20 MP camera. Though from the review results are a bit mixed. Icon does better with photos, but the 60 fps 1080p video from the G2 is supposed to be pretty spectacular.
18. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
im sorry.. but in my perspective, i look at the results of the images from the Icon to be over saturated.. but hey, that's just me..
21. fandows (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
I have the icon I think it clearly outshines the lg g2 in multiple areas. And windows phone 8 most certainly does not suck
23. Brianb (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Android is wrote in Java which isn't faster the C/C++ and the icon uses Directx 11. I'm a software developer and I wouldn't use java ever again because its slow to compile down to machine code, so at that I bought a windows phone because Directx 11 was available which means better graphics management. Nokia have always been good for camera's. So for once windows wins hands down. Watch Android crumble in the next few years with Samsung coming out with there own Tizan OS. I hate google. Android = MUK .Chrome OS = MUK . Google search = Riddled in ads.