Nokia Lumia 925 Review
0. phoneArena 18 Jun 2013, 09:24 posted on
Ever since the introduction of the first Lumia phone, Nokia has been improving and refining its Windows Phone-powered line-up with each new model. Feature by feature and app by app, we've finally arrived at the Nokia Lumia 925 – an ambitious smartphone that attempts to offer a well-rounded experience to customers, for whom plastic just won't cut it...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
3rd generation PureView sensor, just 8 million pixels, crystal clear conditions and Nokia still can't produce sharp images? Look at the bottom of this one, noise, blur, loss of details.
I guess we'll have to wait for the EOS to see real PureView images on a usable OS.
6. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Don't refer anything on PA which is about Nokia or its smartphone. They are always biased
66. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
And yet PA is calling themselves unbiased. Pathetic.
82. skyguy7567 (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
Sony is the same thing. There's no help with samsungarena now.
13. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I don't think this is phase 3. They just improved phase 2 a little.
And yes, you'll need to wait for EOS for THAT quality.
46. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
If you look at any photos from every great Nokia camera phone, you'll see that they all do the same thing. The image in the dead center is totally in focus and sharp, but degrades at the very outer edges of it. My N8 has done this since day 1, as did my N95, and I'm pretty sure my 808 does it too. Must be something to do with their lenses because you don't typically see it on Samsung's Galaxy.
83. skyguy7567 (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
Dude, everyone knows that samsung galaxy produces bad images. Samsungarena might not agree with this, but this is totally true. Strange shades with quite some blurs on photos, and colors are totally unrealistic. Sony and Nokia's photos are the closest to professional cameras. Last time I borrowed a samsung phone to shoot a scene with twilight lighting? Blur blur blur. And that was a note 2. Xperia and Lumia can do tons better than that.
70. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
you know something is wrong when they (phone arena) hide exif data.
73. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
The call quality on my Lumia 900 is absolutely garbage after a year...borderline unusable. A real shame Nokia can't get that right, such a beautiful device otherwise.
My bro's Lumia 920 sounds great though, I should add.
86. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
My Lumia 900 (original US launch, got it first weekend it was available) still has great call quality, with and without speakerphone. Maybe you've damaged it?
97. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
How are they bias when the do camera shootouts and the recent Nokia's (Minus the 808) do terribly? My brother and I both own Lumia's 920 and 900 respectfully, and the image quality is something to be desired.
The fast that this phone does not have wireless charging, in my opinion, puts it behind the Lumia 920. Bizarre
2. quyenqchau0813 (unregistered)
Even The Verge gave it a 8.1
PhoneArena gave it 7.8
9. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Verge appreciates good design, simplicity and usability. They don't care about specs as long as the phone's working fine. PA appreciates phones that look good on spec sheet, but lag in real life because a certain theif company stuffed thousands of useless gimmics.
This is the reason iPhone 5 and HTC One got higher score on Verge than S3 and S4, and lower on PA.
51. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Dont you know that the Verge rated Htc One higher than s4 just because of the design.. out of the 10 factors, htc one trumps s4 only in design.. mAny factors are in favor of gs4 some>equal
65. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
1. In Design
2. In Boomsound (speaker quality)
3. In low-light (IOS)
5. Beats audio
71. Paradox (Posts: 124; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
It's not really unibody, it's just 2 pieces glued together.
74. panda123 (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Did you just write "Design" and "Unibody" as 2 separate points? And also mentioned Beats audio? Which is particularly useless
78. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Beats audio is useless? Really?
And what about those gimmick gestures?
98. donfem (Posts: 649; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Did you also notice he has boomsound and beats separately?
3. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
are you serious about giving it 7.8/10 ?????? i think you gave this score only because of it runs on wp8...
60. Paradox (Posts: 124; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
That is a good reason. Windows phone, at this moment in time, just isn't as good as other iOS and Android.
80. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
they think wp8 is best OS. oh cmon get real dudes :D
4. rms.max (Posts: 95; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
7.8 ? how Ray? Really? wasn't fair enough ...it deserves 8-8.5.
38. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
so we r waiting for july 11th LOL
72. mottykels (Posts: 384; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Ray s always rate a low score except Samsung device :/