Nokia Lumia 920 Review
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2012, 07:14 posted on
Well people, Nokia have listened intently to all the concerns and followed through appeasing the masses by incorporating a PureView camera into a Windows Phone. Culminating all into the Nokia Lumia 920, the successor to the Lumia 900 from earlier in the year, there’s a lot of excitement regarding this flagship device – but most importantly, will it actually stir enough noise to entice consumers to take grasp of it?...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
100. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Wow, a fair review of the Lumia 920 for once.
101. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Automatic settings should NEVER be used on a camera phone. Unless you're using a tripod, ISO 400 for a night shot on a busy street is just plain ridiculous
105. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the most amazing Windows Phone ever!! really amazing!!! the weight is not that bad!
106. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the best windows phone ever!! i mean why get an HTC 8X at same price? and dnt have that awesome camera?---its like suicide if yu choose 8X with same price ($99.99 on 2 year contract)
nokia all the way!! hope this will make them back on top again!!!
108. theo14461 (Posts: 183; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I've had the Lumia 920 since launch day, and must say that I have good call quality, voices through the earpiece are clear and loud at the #6 setting. Battery life is better than most Android phones, except Razr Maxx. Does feel a little heavy, and I noticed that it doesn't allow me to click on certain parts of a web page. Hope they fix this soon. Otherwise, great camera, very good sound through the external speaker.
113. tiara6918 (Posts: 1692; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
For a WP8 device, it's definitely a nokia lumia 920! A truly impressive device!
115. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 406; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Great Phone but Unlike In US Or Some Other Countries We Won't Get It At 100$ On Contract. We'll Have To Buy Unlocked And Considering The 900 Costs More Than 30K Ind Rs,That's Around 600$, This One Will Be Close To 800$. This Phone Would Have Been An InstanT Success If WE Had ThosE Superb Contract Prices. ConsideringThe Samsung Craze Currently Going On Here,Most People Will Buy The S3 Or The Note.
117. Wissenschaft (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
tables were turned on apps and never on build quality.
NOKIA is quality, pure and simple. lumia 920 is exquisite not just because of price but also cuz its display res is more than GS3 or many other smarties. its processor is superb, as are its colors.
Welcome back NOKIA
119. Lifesogood (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
that picture DARK DISPLAY first from the right .
why is that so dark?
122. tds101 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Besides the somewhat buggy software I had to use to transfer over my iTunes created playlists with (it keeps crashing, and isn't alway successful) this phone is excellent. I love it so far, and even the music app & EQ kick butt. I'm finally happy not going back to Android or iOS. This isn't the best phone/OS on the planet, but it's wonderful for me.
And, and for the drag&drop lover - that works in explorer as we well for your tunes. MS has a winner here,...
124. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
one thing that is playing in my mind... the 808 pureview with "CAMERA HUMP" weighs only 169g while lumia 920 with slick design weighs more at 185g!!!
but seriously! tech bloggers in US, why are you all whining about the weight of lumia 920?! its actually not that heavy!! but you can feel it! but in a good way! i prefer holding this than iphone 5 actually!
you can actually neglect the weight of this awesome phone!
126. i_hate_my_life (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
Lumia 920 weight = iphone 5 weight + 2 slices of deli turkey
142. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but that is neglectible! i just dont get why US tech reviewers give a shhht about it! why normal people just neglect its weight! its not that heavy!
125. MaxxAurelius (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
maybe if it's lighter(much lighter) and thinner(much thinner)
129. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
god that all you can come up with thats wrong.....its heavier then other phones
get over it not everyone wants some paper thin phone
131. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
So you're basicly saying that phone which is light enough for Jessica Alba is too heavy for you ? What a shame.
132. MaxxAurelius (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
all i see lame excuses for inability to produce up to date hardware..every manufacturer strive to keep weight and thickness in balance..(except nokia ofc)
but noooooo let's make as heavy as possible..customers will love it(ok,i admit, few actually will)
mark my words, this is not gonna be successful story..
133. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you know how they keep there weight down mostly with average run of the mill camera's and they try to make up for it with loads of post process'ing which shows on the photo's (over saturated, sharpened way too much)
what nokia have done actually is balanced thickness and camera quality. people said the 808 was too thick. they compromised giving you a great camera without the hump and you still bitch
besides id feel much better about dropping a nokia then say a samsung. if you want some thin phone good for you but trying to say the 920 will fail because its heavier then others is plain stupid. the note 2 is heavy and big doesnt seem to be doing badly though does it. weight is only a problem for haters and those trying hard to find a problem with a phone
145. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Lool, i hope you've used a 920 or your comment is going to look as stupid as you sound right now.
127. i_hate_my_life (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
so WHERE THE FARK IS THE Lumia 920 vs iPhone 5 comparison?
i want to see how biased they gonna be :')
134. the_best (Posts: 137; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
yeah iv been looking all over the net, but its nowere.. show me the money!!
128. eminsi (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
I want to ask you something. I want to buy nokia lumia 920 but i want to know can i put my own music, not music that I bought from Windows store, on 920? Can somebody tell me please? Thank you :D
130. EasycapExpertti (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Yes - You can use it as a mass storage and transfer into it Your own music files via USB, NFC, Blutooth, Wlan, 3G or 4G. Then You can play them with Nokia Lumia 920.
143. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
If I were you I would wait a few weeks till there is more feedback from L920 users.
As for L900 you need to use Zune to sync with your mobile (storage is not visible as new drive in the system). If you're OK with using Zune it should work for you.
As for playing music on L900 there was no way to jump forward while listening the song. Maybe it had been changed already but I don't know. I gave up waiting for a fix and I bought iRiver B100 player that suits all my needs.
135. rassouli5 (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
There's something weird I noticed, Nokia Lumia 920 doesn't have a headphone in the box!!! :D Has anyone noticed that?
141. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
That's the policy of the network, not NOKIA. Here in the UK headphones are provided.
144. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
L900 I bought in HK didn't have headphones ; L800 had it. According to clerk, they were never provided with L900 but always with L800.
Might be area or model related.
140. aelliott (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Oct 2010)
I know two people that put an S3 in their trouser (that's "pants" for you Yanks) pocket (one in the front pocket, one in the back), sat down and their phone broke. That won't happen with a NOKIA. I'm happy to have a phone that's a little heavier and thicker if part of that weight is as a result of structural integrity.
146. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
John V, or John Bi, or whatever your name is, if I was your boss, I'd fire your this instant, buddy. The 920 is one of the best(if not the best) phones on the market now and your ''review" concluded that it is a little above average. I've had the pleasure to see it live and play a little with it - it is a masterpiece and maybe only the iPhone 5 can be a competition. PA, how many times to tell you, please hire educated people...
147. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
I'm sorry..."nothing new or compelling".
1) First w/ built in wireless charging with Qi standard
2) First with innovative OIS that adjusts entire camera mechansim (not just one lens) at over 500 adjustments per second.
3) First with HD+ high sensitivity capacitive screen, allowing operation with gloves on or off.
4) Nokia Music and Nokia Maps built in, for free.
plus the usuals like NFC (except on the iPhone 5), 32 GB mem built in, gorilla glass, wide angle FFC, etc.
Because it doens't have a removeable SD card...let's just forget about the above?
149. yajia1 (Posts: 114; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
This phone isn't good for the value at all. Well at least outside the US where people don't usually buy phones along contracts. The camera is good on low-light only, even the SGSIII and 8X beats it on well lit situations. And that's the reason for that gargantuan weight? It weighs like a 7" tablet! Its thick as well, not comfortable to hold at all and I get tired easily holding it with one hand. And it's cheap looking in person! It's shiny like someone ate fried egg with bare hands then held it after. But the screen is gorgeous! It's bright and warm. Sadly, I can buy two pieces SIIIs for the price of one Lumia920 here in my country. It costs 800 freaking dollars! I'll just buy a Note2, and I'll have $200 left. I'll get more features, S-Pen, more apps, bigger screen, bigger battery, SD Card, quad-core, multi-window feature, and much more, and it's lighter.
167. yajia1 (Posts: 114; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Wow. Lots of extremist Nokia fanboys. Hahaha.
168. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
after the update the camera is better man up it's not that heavy and it's not that thick either and have you held one to judge complaining about the weight and the phone looks way sexier than an s3 idk what you're smoking
174. Skiman (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Wrong, do some research and come back
Your either a fool intentionally lying or your just a clueless dumb ass
150. enmena (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
can any one guide me where I can get nokia from germany?
in meaning (Madi in Germany Lumia 920 or 820)?
153. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i reallly dont know why reviewers give s**t about the weight of the lumia 920! i mean a kid (and its a baby) wasnt bothered by its wieght! he can carry it with one hand!
and oh... lumia 920 is worth its price! very amazing phone!! everyone should get it!
155. rassouli5 (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Heyooo.... Guys I have good news for y'all... Red & Yellow L920s are back to at&t
156. damokles (unregistered)
Guys, i cant find that Lumia vs 8X vs Ativ S comparison anymore! Could someone post me the link? And i dont mean the specssheet comparison :/
Or do i mean the 8X vs Ativ S comparison? I dont know :/
157. bluestormz (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
This is the best phone they've ever made, love mine. Spread the word!
158. DLUVPARMAR (Posts: 50; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
LUMIA IS GR8 PHONE......................
165. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
saw someone with the 920 on the bus, asked him to rate out of 5, he said "5". He loves it and said the phone is Awesome, good job Nokia, Elop was right this is a process & its getting better.
169. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i still hate him for killing symbian and meego unssessary
170. sped9ding (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
I'm going for a holiday in kenya will the nokia lumia 920 work well there? urgent
172. Gheorghe (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
Best phone I ever had. The camerra it's great, photos are very good even with poor light conditions. I don't know why people complain about WP8 OS, I could find every app I need and it works great, plus, it's perfect to sync with PC.
173. cbeltrancol (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Sep 2013)
Great Device, but it has a restriction with the number of contacts when it is sincronize with the cloud of microsoft. The limit is 1500 contacts!. Big deception!!!