Nokia Lumia 625 Review
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 03:35 posted on
The newest member of the Lumia family is colorful like all its other peers and brings a spacious 4.7-inch display…
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
6.5? What\'s happening with the world?
7. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 161; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
PhoneArena's scores are more like specs ratings than overall experience ratings. A low-end phone will always get a mediocre score.
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3360; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Untrue. The 520 received an 8. Contrary to what some fanboys might think, an 8 is well above average.
20. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Contrary to what other fanboys might think, not everyone likes using android or google\'s invasive services.
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3360; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What does that have to do with anything? The Nokia Lumia 520? Perhaps you've heard of it. It's a Windows Phone 8 device.
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3360; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yes, the world is ending because someone doesn't agree with you. Prepare yourself for the apocalypse.
2. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
PA doesn't give normalized ratings for budget phones. Budget phone lovers can't be happy?
4. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
xperia sp is way better than this pixelated screen phone RIP nokia
5. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Xperia SP is a good phone but the display is very bad.
Its washed out and dull.
8. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Xperia SP has better screen?!! LOL you must be blind!!!
6. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
I think L625 is cheapest 4G phone.
PA says they give rating on the base of price range then it deserve more
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
6.5? Hahahahaha..... Anyways I liked the orange (reddish orange) color very much, this is a nice budget phone.
10. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I looked at the score, then who was writing the review - the miserly 6.5 made sense.
I had to laugh at the cons
"Feels overpriced compared to similar Android devices" :
Lumia 625 - $215 (unlocked through Amazon)
Sony xperia SP - $350 (terrible display, especially outdoors)
Galaxy Core - $??? (last generation phone with no LTE, Cortex A5 processor, Adreno 203GPU, 720P max video recording)
Sony xperia L - $240 ( slower 1ghz processor, 720P HD recording only, No LTE)
It's as if he was scraping the bottom of the barrel for cons LOL
14. samsony (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
but 720p on SP is better than 625 tho.
And it got Adreno320 and Krait 300
Btw 625 is a good phone tho
15. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What about xperia m?
I wouldn´t recomment this lumia 625 to anyone, pixelated screen, terrible OS, large bezels, low contrast, pretty awful camera. But on the other side 4G connectivity is a welcome addition and 2000mAh is also very good, I´d expect that a low-end with such a high battery would last longer but it is okay. To summarize it all, this is not a very good buy.
18. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
It is overpriced for what it offers, nexus 4 is so much better offer than this.
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
201 ppi is not bad. We were just used to hd screens.
12. DFranch (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
What would the similar dual core, LTE capable Android phone, with a 4.7" screen & a 2 day battery, costing $215 be exactly? Another BS rating of a Nokia phone by PA.
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3360; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Nexus 4. Quad-core, LTE capable with rooting or if you stick with 4.2.1, 4.7" screen. You probably won't get 2 days of life out of it, but the 8GB version is $199. I would say that's a decent trade-off.
13. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1316; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
the real nice things about this device are it's screen size color cases and you can go in store and afford to buy it at one shot. For a new to smart phone buyer this is a plus
21. lorenzattractor (Posts: 67; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Actually, Halo: Spartan Assault was updated a while ago to work on 512mb devices.
24. mandal001 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Very Nice Phone... Its Valu for Money..... I dont Know why Phone Arena Given 6.5 ??? i thought its 9 out of 10 one mark less for Camera ... nice look if u want lumia go for 625..
25. Mohammad_Abu-Shukur (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
which is better lumia 625 or 720???
i am so confused about it
i want to change to lumia...but i am confused among 525 or 620 or 625 or 720
please help me
26. mandal001 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
NOKIA 625 Is the best... 720 is TFT Display... but 625 is IPS display...
27. contentsetter (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
This phone is good for youngster, who prefer to buy gadgets either for pass time or for show off, not suggestible for serious buyer, or for office use.