Nokia Lumia 510 Review
0. phoneArena 21 Jan 2013, 03:07 posted on
Nokia Lumia 510 is the rock bottom price point for a Windows Phone Lumia, starting in the sub-$200 without a contract, and available in various flashy colors. The price range and color scheme indicate that it is geared towards emerging economies and the younger crowd, and that's where the Lumia 510 is headed indeed. Is there something in the entry level specs that could make the WP 7.8 handset stand a fighting chance against cheap Androids? Read on our review to find out...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Is this that thing that can't run angry birds?
4. harsh_doshi (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
all versions of angry birds are now optimised for these devices (256mb ones) now so it can run them.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"What will make many
potential buyers turn away from the phone, though, is
the lack of a microSD slot for storage expansion." agreed...but that wouldn't have been a bad point if the phone come atleast with 8GB of internal memory. Just 2.5 GB user free internal-memory is too extra less!!
5. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
i liked the camera quality.... if only it had flash
& the phone should have at least 8GB internal..
6. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Wow 256MB of ram is really horrible!!!!
Here's what i think this phone should have-
4 inch screen, same resolution....
Running Windows Phone 8, powered by a single core 1.2 GHZ processor (S2 snapdragon)
Micro SD card slot
4GB internal memory
512 MB of RAM (THATS more better!!!)
7. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That raises the price point and could make it unattainable in its target markets for the average consumer there. I agree MicroSD expansion and/or some more memory (even just a few gigs more) seem almost necessary, but most users of it will take a photo, upload it elsewhere, and delete it, or stream music instead of purchasing it and saving it on the device. For those who want more, there is the 620
11. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Well at least they could have a higher ram and a sd card slot but with the same specs and everything tho :p
8. Divinity (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
This is a really great phone. Do check out my review of this phone. worldwideweb.divinelawrence.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/nokia-lumia-510-with-windows-7-8/
9. Divinity (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
This is a really great phone. Do check out my review of this phone. divinelawrence.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/nokia-lumia-510-with-windows-7-8/
12. sujani (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)
wanna know why viber calls can not be made using this phone and why games like Talking Tom can not be installed :-(.. can some one plese answer and do let me know the possible options in this phone.. and even no skype as well. Really, aint these the minus points in this model?
13. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
u cant makes calls using viber in windows phones bcoz it doesnt support yet. some games cannot b installed bcoz it has only 256mb RAM while other ohones have atleast 512mb
14. Alpha135 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Huh, this "thing" seems like the Lumia version of the 500 (crappiest phone in the line).
15. veereshrjoladal (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
nokia and microsoft needs to solve many problems this device has... doesnt worth buying this...:(
17. erprtkjn (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
My sister brought 510 two months back. That is not the problem, the problem is half portion of the touch screen has stopped working. Please tell me what to do....:(