Nokia E7 Review
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Mar 2011, 09:12
Retaining most of the wonderful features and design cues from the Nokia N8, the E7 just might have the perfect mix of ingredients, with its peculiar looking keyboard, to consider itself as being the next big smartphone from Nokia's camp. Is that really the case? Read on to find out...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. superpooburger posted on 07 Mar 2011, 09:40 1 0
only playing 720p format? and 5h of battery? i was expecting more...
2. thilan29 (unregistered) posted on 07 Mar 2011, 13:21 0 0
Good, objective review. I was using a Nokia C7 with similar hardware specs and yeah the browser was the only real drawback for me. I've gone to a Droid 2 Global now and like most aspects of the phone, other than the fact that it is no AMOLED screen in terms of picture quality.
4. Lucas777 posted on 08 Mar 2011, 23:29 1 1
where do you even buy a nokia phone in the us? i really dont wanna pay 579 or whtever it is...
3. box (unregistered) posted on 07 Mar 2011, 18:47 0 0
Nicely done review. I use Opera and/or Skyfire on my Nokias, so I never worry about the native browser. Same browsers I use on my Android and my friends use on their iPhones.
5. mrcrangle (unregistered) posted on 10 Mar 2011, 14:19 0 0
Lovely looking phone, all the right features for me, will I upgrade from my N900? The answer is no. Why? Simple....S^3. It's a dealbreaker in my view.
6. Severin (unregistered) posted on 17 Mar 2011, 02:52 0 0
How anyone can call this phone a business phone if two most basic and most important business options are missing!?
1. Build-in VPN is basically useless.
2. Remote Desktop access to computer is absent.
Epic fail. Sorry to see how phone is failing down because very basic software is missing.
7. Johnny12 (unregistered) posted on 17 Mar 2011, 07:09 1 1
Severin is right. EPIC fail right there. Don't buy nokia, they suck. if you want to get a REAL business phone get urself the new hp pre 3, vpn and remote dekt built in.
Nokia = FAIL
8. OsirisRa posted on 29 Mar 2011, 01:16 1 0
Im going to upgrade from my N900, wish the N9 had come through. Wont be buying another Nokia in the future due to WP7. Hate it. Hopefully the update for Symbian 3 comes sooner than later. Only real worry is if the update to the UI will slow the E7 down.
10. Seylan Naidoo (unregistered) posted on 03 Apr 2011, 03:04 0 0
I really love the looks of this device...But its so hard to choose which smart phone to get...should I stick with trusty Nokia, or go for Android? Hmmmmm....
Please pray, that Nokia and microsoft will produce Windows phone 7 "lite" edition for all symbain 3 users to upgrade.
11. logty (unregistered) posted on 08 Apr 2011, 14:17 0 0
Hello. Pls does nokia e7 come with a FM Transmitter? Rilli urgent pls...
12. Theresa (unregistered) posted on 17 Apr 2011, 17:52 1 0
if you are still wondering, the E7 does not have an fm transmitter. However, if you want you can get the N8, which does.
13. jags (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 13:19 0 0
Wanna buy e 7 should i go wit it... or any other good 4 for office use.
14. diogo.rva (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 15:07 1 0
It's ridiciliously that PhoneArena doesn't count Nokia CBD as some of the "PROS", they did the same with C6-01 review and now with the E7, but they mention about Samsung's SAMOLED on their reviews.
I hate this attitute, it's obviously biased.
15. Claudiu (unregistered) posted on 31 May 2011, 18:27 0 0
Enjoy every season with Local & Fresh for Nokia E7
A free app that allows you to find and map thousands of farmers markets in US
Get it on Ovi Store:http://store.ovi.com/content/1
16. Suvarna (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2011, 05:42 0 0
Powrful Loudspeaker as you have analysed as plus point, I think its a horrible sound, I have read the reviews from your site and Purchased it. even the call quality is not that good as a business phone should be.
17. Hateman20 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 12:53 0 0
Well this phone is based on new operating system of symbian series and named as Anna. This os is not so polished and clear with aero peak as compare to other like phones based on windows 7 and iOS and need more work. Should i buy this phone or not , Read At :http://bit.ly/qWU5qe
Must Read Before Buy
19. ALP (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2011, 05:17 0 0
I have nokia e6. And I thing it is better than the nokia e7.
20. Febin (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 04:14 0 0
i have noted i ting in the QWERTY keyboard of E7....the letter Y an Z is misplaced in the image shown in PHONE ARENA...in all other E7 pictures its placed in correct order....
21. FJ1 (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 21:12 0 0
@ Febit it's probably a European version that's why the different config.
22. Rockey (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 04:10 0 0
I want SPB Shell 3D for Nokia E7
23. suchetaa (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2011, 08:48 1 0
very pathetic phone....i hav bought ths phone e7....automtically it stoppd working....aftrwds i got new e7 peice in replcment by nokia...it ws mor worst...it ws gettn hanged evrytym....nw m gng fr nokia payback policy...i hope it ll work atlst.....
24. KOH EJ (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2011, 23:56 0 1
Got my E7 after the Anna update. Used and tried with numbers of app (install, try and uninstall) over the past few weeks and so far has been very satisfied with the phone.
I have been using Nokia phones for more than 15 years so is considered quite familiar with Symbian OS from S40 to S60 n now to S^3 and therefore have no complaints about the OS and the usage of all relevant applications/games/phone customisation.
Have been reading lots of complaints from other users (about the phone, the OS and the related app store for the OS) before I bought this phone but decided to buy after trying the test unit in Nokia Store (Malaysia). So far have been able to get all the app that I need to run my normal/daily usage of the phone from various forum/websites.
25. fcbhammer posted on 14 Sep 2012, 03:09 0 1
Sorry to say this, but it is a really bad phone! I had one and it stoped working in 6 months, lots of errors, ovi store has very just few apps (very upsating...all the great apps, they don't have, so if you buy this cell forget to have the coolest apps) and the worst thing was that even under warranty, Nokia didn't fix it! So if I can give any advice...DO NOT BUY NOKIA!!!!