Nokia C5-03 Review
As we said, the Nokia C5-03 is packed with features for the price – quad-band GSM, tri-band 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity as well as free navigation and maps by Ovi are all on board. And while 3G should mean some fast speeds for a smartphone, do not expect to be blown away with extra-quick browsing. We lay the blame mostly on the dated browser as the 600MHz ARM 11 processor works good with other applications.
The Nokia C5-03 doesn’t have multitouch support and browsing is handled by one-finger navigation and double taps to zoom in or out. The surfing experience is below average. Pages render just as on a desktop PC, which would be great if it wasn't for the lag combined with the very uncomfortable zoom controls that make surfing a much more time consuming experience than it should be. Flash videos are limited to YouTube. But at the end of the day, you can always switch to Opera Mobile for hassle-free browsing.
What makes the Nokia C5-03 stand out among other budget solutions is great and free navigation. The on-board A-GPS module finds the Nokia C5-03’s position quickly and accurately. Driving and walking directions as well as voice navigation on Ovi Maps 3.0 are equally good. Screen size is the biggest setback here, but if you find 3.2 inches enough, then you should be more than happy with what you get.
Save for the aging OS, software is one of Nokia's strong sides with the company's free navigation and mapping service. The phone comes with Quickoffice to let you view your documents on the go (including the latest 2007 Microsoft Office formats), but for editing you would have to go for a paid upgrade. Disappointingly, PDFs are not supported out of the box. Social networking is loosely present with poor apps far from the functionality you get on Android or iOS.
1. Lee (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2011, 13:57 0 0
Nokia still come up with resistive touchscreen? $280 is tooo expensive
2. swach (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 05:02 0 0
if it had video calling i would have considered buying it
3. xxxx (unregistered) posted on 24 Mar 2011, 15:15 0 0
worst cell eva. No delete option in the entire phone
6. fucku posted on 04 Apr 2011, 08:19 1 0
u dont even know 'abc' of these phones..........press and..hold the thing u want to delete, a pop up menu appears...with delete and other options.!!
11. asmedsaj (unregistered) posted on 24 Apr 2011, 01:12 0 0
it has 2 delete options: one by long pressing the file(appears a menu that looks like PC right-click) and the second one is from the quickoffice app.
18. nokia c5 (unregistered) posted on 08 Jun 2011, 19:56 0 0
do u know how to use cellphone??? or maybe u dnt know how to read???? hahahhaa
4. unknown (unregistered) posted on 26 Mar 2011, 07:51 0 0
I WANT TO PURCHASE THE NOKIA C5 O3 HANDSET, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHETHER THIS HANDSET IS GOOD TO USE OR NOT
12. asmedsaj posted on 24 Apr 2011, 17:47 0 0
I have a c5-03 since january 2011 and it works very well. I have 2 recommendations: microSD >4GB, stereo headset for noisy environments. Quickoffice upgrade for Office editing and PDF reader are strongly recommended.
5. Cal-er (unregistered) posted on 01 Apr 2011, 06:45 0 0
Nice device regarding its price.. in belgium 160€ with discount.
Only negative.. i find rather disturbing..slow gallery ( especially if you flip the screen to horizontal position. it may take up to 10 seconds for the pic to upload again to the screen ) Video function is average but what coul you expect for this low end price range
Like to hear from other about the gallery tweaks
7. Cal-er (unregistered) posted on 05 Apr 2011, 12:03 0 0
purchased my Nokia on 23 march.. unfortunatly.. back to shop.. Phone applications kept freezing.. and all very slow. especially the pics viewing it took up to 15 seconds before pics appeared if you switched it from upright to horizontal mode.. and GPS Very slow in finding position ( even outdoors ) called Nokia and they said i should return it for examination. too bad :-(
13. rmckarthik (unregistered) posted on 26 Apr 2011, 02:09 0 0
Please dont buy this if anyone planning to, its total waste for our money, the battery is only one day use if you charge daily, The Music player hangs in middle of the songs and taking long time to display the contents........
PLEASE DONT BUY THIS AND THEN YOU WILL FEEL VERY BAD LIFE ME......:-(
14. Cris_Co (unregistered) posted on 23 May 2011, 03:44 0 0
Please dont buy this phone,...,......its really waste of money.......
It looks good but it isnt...... u should rather buy samsung wave 723 or Xperia x8 if u hav this budget............
15. Sudarshan (unregistered) posted on 27 May 2011, 07:24 0 0
What result about that cell phone ? Will I purchase ?
16. Amjad (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 04:03 0 0
I have purchased this C5 03 but not used till. I have read comments about frieds and thiks about to back the same. May I return back?
17. nokia c5 (unregistered) posted on 08 Jun 2011, 19:53 1 0
hahahha i love nokia c5-03.....AFFORDABLE/ and easy to use.. /so many features JUST MAKE SURE U KNOW HOW TO USE IT hahahahha -cool-
19. cal-er (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 15:40 0 0
phone is ok now.. got it back from Nokia store.. they completely reset it .. now all working fine all complaints solved.. it was a software problem
20. fhd (unregistered) posted on 22 Jun 2011, 03:38 0 0
i cant turn off my phone's(C5-03) wifi. whenever i plug my wifi router my phone automatically get connected with it. if i disconnect it automatically get connected in a few seconds. i have 2 stop it by deleting the 'Access point'.
How can i make it manual- i mean whenever i want 2 connect it i can do it by myself & whenever i want it 2 b disconnected i can do it by myself.
HOW CAN I DO IT?
PLZ SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!
21. Frustrated. (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 04:14 0 0
How do I do smiley faces with my texts?
36. asmedsaj posted on 25 Sep 2011, 08:01 0 0
Upgrade software to the latest version for this phone 20.0.024 and the smileys will appear in the symbols list when writing a message
22. Sumanz (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 00:40 0 0
How 2 activate push mail in this cell ??
23. vini (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 13:22 0 0
Ho Cares about all that with the phones features just read when you buy. Average very good Bu the bastards lie about the battery life that is for sure. not even two days stand by only. I can imagine if i will use it more.
24. Sati (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 07:56 0 0
Does Nokia c5-03 works better on t-mobile or AT&T?
25. Ozzz (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2011, 01:30 0 0
1) the fone has no flash fr the camera.. one o the biggest drawbacks being frm the given price range.
2) ther's no xtra camera button to the side like the other phones.. makes it difficult for self photography.
3) whil multi choosing hv to go to options nd then mark all every item which makes it irrtitatin considering that lower end phns had a dirct mark option.
apart from tat the phone is good.. nokia shud look into these lil things the customer must hv tho..
26. Malcolmbrhc (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 03:15 0 0
This is the worst phone I have ever owned. Has just 75mb of ram, so constantly crashes. Terrible screen, rubbish software. No wonder Nokia is losing out.
27. Vlad (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2011, 10:00 0 0
This phone is garbage. Awful battery life (after 4 months, it lasts only 4 hours!), slow, slow software, and buggy too!
I had to remove the battery too many times just to turn the damn thing off.
Lots of freezes too. Even when hanging up calls!
If Nokia will still making phones like that, i'll change to another brand.
28. manjegek (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 01:40 0 0
suddenly my C5-03 touch screen off.....why? any opinion?i just buy it a month ago......
29. fahad hassan (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 06:29 0 0
i got this this phone about 2 month;s ago abd it's working fine ... i didn't get any problems .
30. ravikumar (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 06:42 0 0
this mobile is good and its working fine
if any one wants to buy new mobile than take this
its looking good and small with lot of features..............
31. yateesh (unregistered) posted on 09 Sep 2011, 03:59 0 0
Hanging problems are there
32. aakshat (unregistered) posted on 13 Sep 2011, 04:16 0 0
I hv bought this phone on 30th August 2011, working so great and fast....
but now I have planed to buy samsung glaxy...so i want to sell this one....
Anyone intrested ,plz contact me....
New phone at reasonable rate....
Cont. no. +917503162785
34. anuj (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 07:06 0 0
what will it cost to me.
also please send me the pics of mobile for condition
37. hharee (unregistered) posted on 03 Oct 2011, 09:18 0 0
whats your price ?
33. vnr (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 18:43 0 0
somebody pls help me..I cant use my nokia c5-03 camera properly,.the screen keeps on flipping or turning whenever im taking picture or taking video..my friend told me that i have to calibrate it first,but i really dont know how to do that..please,anyone who knows how to deall swith this problem pls help...thanks!
35. Pramit Roychoudhury (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 00:34 0 0
Nokia proves again its not the company for touch phones...i bought a c5-03 5 months back and it has given me trouble almost every month...real troublesome phone ! please dont buy it
38. Yathi (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 03:16 0 0
I have buy nokia C5-03 ON MAY IT WAS MARVULES PHONE TO AVOID FUNCTIONING PROBLEMES U SHOULD UPDATE YOUR PHONE BY CLICKING DEVICE UPDATE
39. Raj9999999 (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 21:36 0 0
Ha ha ha no body knows how to use nokia c5-03 hahaha...............!
40. Miss_V (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:30 0 0
I have had this Nokia C5-03 for approx 2 mths, I have had problems since day 1 screen freezing, unable to turn alarm off snooze , phone turns it self off & cant turn on, customer service did 1 soft & 2 hard rets, lost all numbers, sent it back to Nokia to be repaired got it back still cant use phone...don't buy this phone in process of buying new phone have lost faith in Nokia only ever had Nokia's not sure who to use now.
41. Adnan Malik (unregistered) posted on 14 Oct 2011, 22:44 0 0
sons of bitches set me up...they said it's attery time is 2 ays with moderate use but its not even a single day with very little use motherf**kers r liars!!! i wasted ma money
42. mobi-47 posted on 30 Jan 2012, 22:42 0 0
i like the phone but i ve a problm .....accidently i remove facebook app from it and now when i install faceebook app(fb 5th edition) i can see the fb icon but in app mangr->installed apps on facebook installer exist there i can uninstall it,,, ....HELP MEE PLZZZZZ
43. Melcy posted on 23 Mar 2012, 04:06 0 0
I have just bought the Nokia c5 -3 recently, its quite nice and am still learning more about it, but there is something i am struggling with, when i am trying to download or connect to social networks i am always told that the memory is full and should close some applications and when i do close some applications i still get the same command. if anyone knows please help me!!