Motorola DROID X vs. HTC Droid Incredible
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Jul 2010, 03:07
Two of the hottest smartphones for Verizon Wireless this season are the HTC Droid Incredible and the Motorola DROID X. So does the Motorola DROID X have what it takes to make people jump ship to it, or does the HTC Droid Incredible still have what it takes to peak customers' interests? Let’s take a closer look at each...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. vzw fanman posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
nice comparison phonearena team. but it's dBm not dB.
2. pimix2009 posted on 07 Jul 2010, 14:01 0 0
they should start rating each phone with a number on every category so people can see clearly which phone is the best
3. ace1122 posted on 07 Jul 2010, 14:48 0 0
This seems like an almost pointless comparison. The X is pretty much better all around except for the fact that its a lot bigger if thats even an issue for you.
4. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 07 Jul 2010, 17:45 0 0
If you need a large screen, get the droid x. If you want something smaller, wait until they finally get new shipments of the incredible lol
5. testman22 posted on 07 Jul 2010, 19:16 0 0
we dont need an android vs android comparison! we want droid X vs. iphone!
6. PhoneArena Team posted on 07 Jul 2010, 22:22 0 0
We plan to have a comparison review between the iPhone 4 and Motorola DROID X.
15. narley posted on 12 Jul 2010, 10:10 0 1
why so they can find reasons that the iphone is "better"... dont waste your time.
22. mkl4466 posted on 19 Jul 2010, 14:00 0 0
If you are with VZW, and aren't planning on leaving, then the iPhone isn't an option. If you love the iPhone, then neither of these phones is an option. So this is a very apt comparison. I prefer the incredible personally, but this review was pretty comprehensive and helps consumers understand the tradeoffs with each device.
25. Skidro13 posted on 27 Jul 2010, 10:48 0 0
There is one for the incredible vs iPhone and the incredible smoked it. They even left out iPhones major flaw. The x is the same thing but bigger
33. incredible power sapper (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2010, 20:51 1 0
I am strongly considering the Droid X after my incredible's power consumption, 3 hours on battery has become ridiculous.
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 08 Jul 2010, 18:25 0 0
If you are on a carrier and it offers two high end phones, you wouldn't want to know which one is better? I highly doubt that.
10. Agent posted on 09 Jul 2010, 08:58 1 0
Put the Sense UI on the Droid X? No thanks! Seriously, what does the integrated Sense UI offer? Nothing. Only the widgets are cool. HTC should separate the widgets from the UI. Home replacement apps like ADW Launcher do more than Sense. The integrated UI just makes it longer for firmware updates to arrive. The Droid X will get Froyo (and Gingerbread) long before the Incredible.
11. cc16177 posted on 09 Jul 2010, 10:31 0 0
Thank you! I don't understand what everyone loves so much about Sense UI. Before I got my Moto Droid I loved Sense on my Touch Pro 1/2 and Imagio but once I used the stock Android OS I really didn't like Sense that much anymore... it sounds silly but the fact that contacts are "People" and such other changes to me make the phone seem like it's geared towards the younger customer base.
21. mkl4466 posted on 19 Jul 2010, 13:58 0 0
Sense UI provides T9 text entry through the phone keypad. If someone is switching from an old style flip phone and isn't used to using qwerty, OR if you need to text one handed, OR if you have really big thumbs, this is indispensable.
31. Alsten (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2010, 05:08 0 0
yes. But Droid X has SWYPE which takes the place of T9. It can be used one handed pretty easily even with big thumbs.
42. an hero (unregistered) posted on 20 Nov 2010, 15:59 0 1
the X will take longer for updates... Motorola's crappy blur skin takes Moto longer to port to new versions of Android than Sense does HTC
12. 3watts posted on 09 Jul 2010, 14:25 0 1
They forgot to mention that the DROID X will get you more ladies per night. When it's in your pocket you appear to be hung like a polar bear!
14. jkaige posted on 10 Jul 2010, 17:26 0 0
LMAO! That was lame for both you and cc16177. Funny but lame.
16. Mightymack posted on 16 Jul 2010, 08:40 0 0
i was debating on which phone to get, and im sorry to say, because i love both phones, but the X is WAY better! not to doubt the incredibleness of the incredible lol
18. jherz6 posted on 18 Jul 2010, 13:54 0 0
Your right, unless you havnt made up your mind yet, the X is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy better, and you wont have to wait til the next ice age to get it.
26. Skidro13 posted on 27 Jul 2010, 10:50 0 0
They r the same things but the incredible is HTC wich usually turns out better considering Motorola bad past and that the x already is showing lots of screen problems,lagging,and the same problem as the iPhone
24. crspycrtr posted on 22 Jul 2010, 16:40 0 0
The only thing I have to say about the picture quality is that it looks as if the HTC camera is polarized. You can especially see it when looking at the pic of the tree and seeing the sky behind it, the blue is much deeper. A good way to test is to see how much sunlight is reflected back of off water or something other then a shiny surface that has a high gloss. Other then that, I've had both and I found the HTC Incredible touch screen to be very annoying. I was constantly calling people that I didn't intend to call.
27. lindsayjo2518 posted on 27 Jul 2010, 12:35 0 0
On the Droid X, what is the clock/weather app displayed in the pictures and on the video? I love it and would like to use it.
28. santosmurillo posted on 28 Jul 2010, 06:59 0 0
can either phone be totally hands free without picking up the phone. On a windows phone I can press my bluetooth headset button and voice activate a call.
29. CRICKETownz posted on 01 Aug 2010, 20:37 0 0
Voice activation on Droid X, which to my knowledge, was a decision on Moto's part. HTC Incredible doesn't have that feature however.
30. OSK12 (unregistered) posted on 06 Aug 2010, 11:54 0 0
I thought it was a very in depth and useful analysis/comparison. It makes perfect sense to have a review such as this when a single carrier has two great phones; and it will certainly help in my purchasing decision. Thanks
32. HMFIC (unregistered) posted on 22 Aug 2010, 10:47 0 0
After looking all over the internet and reading many, many, reviews, I was still torn between these two phones, which I narrowed it down to a while ago. Finally, someone just comes out and says it. I will get the Droid X. The only reason I was holding back was the horrible review Engadget gave to the X's software.
34. matts (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2010, 12:03 0 0
What weather app or widget is that on the X? I just got mine last night and am starting to figure it out.
35. waiting for my DX (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2010, 12:59 0 0
I just wanna know what that weather app on the droid x is and if its already on the phone or do i need to download that one thats the app i've been trying to find for my girlfriends droid2
36. droid x lover (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2010, 01:19 0 0
motorola is king of android dx is the best around the world
37. Shawn_droid (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2010, 22:25 0 0
Thanks for your review. I've spent all week wondering which phone to get for my wife and myself. Last night we purchased a DX (on order) and an Incredible which we took home with us. Your review gives me some things to look for as we do our own testing. We figured we try them both and deal with a restocking fee if we didn't like one of them. She loves the incredible so far (it's the one she wanted for the smaller size). I liked the DX we tried in the store even though it was Eclair not FROYO. I'm hoping that it works out well and that we will each keep the phone we purchased last night - from your review I think I'll be very satisfied with the X. Thanks for all the time you put into this review. It is appreciated!!
39. DROOID (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2010, 07:39 0 0
Ive had both, and the Incredible is WAYY better. The X size is a little big. The Incredible ran much smoother, and my X lagged. Call quality was better on the X. If I had to pick one, IMO, it would be the Incredible.
40. COLE (unregistered) posted on 22 Oct 2010, 11:06 1 0
I have had both phones but the x is better
41. Mike (unregistered) posted on 12 Nov 2010, 14:49 1 0
I had the HTC incredible for 3 weeks. I was disappointed with battery life, and wanted a larger screen. I researched and read everything I could find and all the reviews.
I traded it in on a Driod x.
This review is off as far as the winner. I would have to say the Only reason the Droid X is better than the HTC incredible is in screen size.
Everything else is close including battery life, you can tweek the HTC to last as long as the Droid x I have under normal usage.
The exception where the htc clearly beats the droid x are these.
1. Speed (I don't care what the benchmarks say, the htc incredible is way faster then the droid x in actual usage.)
2. The HTC flavor of the android os is more user friendly than the Droid x, so much so that it is annoying to use the droid x.
So, what am I going to do, I am thinking of backing out of my contract, going to sprint and getting the HTC EVO, large screen size and benefits of HTC OS
43. denmcdon posted on 26 Dec 2010, 11:25 0 0
Ive had the original Moto Droid -the X- the Incredible,i find myself using the dinc more than the X or the Motodroid its all around still a great phone the only thing i think the X has on this phone is screen size.
44. HoonDogs (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 12:23 0 0
What a killer review. I have been searching and searching for a review like this. What a great site.