Motorola DROID X Review
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jun 2010, 06:31
The Android army continues to grow with the introduction of the Motorola DROID X MB810 by Verizon Wireless. When the original Motorola DROID A855 came out last year, we were impressed by the device’s features and build ...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. spydablac posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
Iphone 4, Evo 4g, and Driod X all get the same rating...
14. jonniedough posted on 30 Jun 2010, 13:58 0 0
The big three X,I4,Evo all good news for us......
23. de2philly posted on 01 Jul 2010, 11:22 1 1
My same thoughts exactly.. how do they all get the same exact rating... should be like EVO - 9.8 Driod X - 9.5 iphone4 - 9.0 IMO
25. ilikesmrtphnz posted on 02 Jul 2010, 19:17 0 0
IMO... that's how it definitely should have been
2. anarkie posted on 30 Jun 2010, 07:37 0 0
I think we need a 3 way tie-breaker. Please send me each phone and I will volunteer to sacrifice my time and efforts in making a final decision.
4. lookitdisguy posted on 30 Jun 2010, 07:51 0 0
Hopefully T-Mobile can get a phone with a rating like that cause I'm jealous now.. They are the only network to not have an awesome phone right now cause the HD2 was never an option for me because of the windows OS.. It's either Android OS for me or switch and try the Apple OS again...
39. BlackSirius16 posted on 17 Jul 2010, 13:44 0 0
be on the lookout for a Nexus two or something
5. dyster posted on 30 Jun 2010, 08:06 0 0
Review is ok. I don't see a point of further comparison because you can't buy Ip4, X, Evo from the same carrier. All the carriers now have good offerings.
7. CHEFJEFF posted on 30 Jun 2010, 09:01 0 0
I want this phone now! But I'm not eligible for an upgrade til 2/11..UGH!!
21. gomets15217 posted on 30 Jun 2010, 23:10 0 0
my upgrade is july 16, 2010. GUESS WHAT PHONE IM GETTING.
8. shaunieo posted on 30 Jun 2010, 10:59 0 0
As one of the few AT&T fans on here who defends the blue, i will point out that we let anyone who was eligible for upgarde this year get the new Iphone. Not sure if Big Red did that or not, but they should...........
18. cc16177 posted on 30 Jun 2010, 17:05 0 0
Yeah the sooner they sell them the more they can get out the door before everyone realizes you can't make phone calls.
11. narley posted on 30 Jun 2010, 12:56 0 0
i am honestly surprised they gave it this high of rating. seems like each VZW phone that comes out phonearena cuts them off at the knees. i'm presently surprised.
12. greyhulk posted on 30 Jun 2010, 13:05 0 0
Is it just me, or do all of the photos look like crap? They're kind of blurry. I hope that's not really going to be the quality of the camera. The original Droid wasn't that great, but I was hoping Motorola would fix that in future phones.
16. rhand posted on 30 Jun 2010, 14:29 0 0
I agree ... the photos look terrible. This is a major disappointment. Wished they'd put some effort into making a better quality camera instead of just cramming more megapixels onto the tiny light sensor just to please the marketing department.
17. Hello-dirt posted on 30 Jun 2010, 14:43 0 0
I am going to guess that you have seen what you get: a high megapixel rating that only works in strong light. My Evo is the same-8mp quality only if subject not moving and in bright light and a 720p video that stutters. Phone specs are becoming like HP ratings for cars, inflated to help sell the machine.
22. greyhulk posted on 01 Jul 2010, 10:45 0 0
The odd part is, they said the photos look "good" in their review. I have read all of the Droid X reviews. The sample pictures are a mixed bag on all of them. Some of them look really good, others look like crap (like the ones here). Many of the reviewers slam the photo quality. It reminds me of all of the reviews and sample photos on the original Droid. But hey, at least you don't have to hold it a certain way to make phone calls, right?
34. BlackSirius16 posted on 14 Jul 2010, 01:58 0 0
idk why these photos are terribel but the ones on engadget, Boy Genuis Report, and gizmodo are all way better try looking their for actually photo quality
13. ace1122 posted on 30 Jun 2010, 13:06 0 0
Now all we have to wait for is a phone comparison between this and the iphone- not like they're gonna even tell us the winner but i bet the winner will be the one who can at least make calls.
15. networkdood posted on 30 Jun 2010, 14:14 0 0
This phone is like a giant when you compare it to my ARIA - looks great, though.
19. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 30 Jun 2010, 18:07 0 0
Say hello to the big three. EVO, iPhone 4, and Droid X.
20. GWNIII posted on 30 Jun 2010, 22:09 0 0
I'm due for an upgrade, but I just can't justify buying this without LTE. The promise of a 2GHZ monster by the end of the year and the rumblings of an LTE iPhone are a little too enticing. Unfortunately, iPhones seem to be the only future proof phones.
35. BlackSirius16 posted on 14 Jul 2010, 01:59 0 0
only future proof if your apple exclusive, if your not than its practically already outdated
26. josuearisty posted on 03 Jul 2010, 10:19 0 0
Thats the real rating for this phone. 9.5 not 10, but 9.5, I think that is there were a front-facing camera, the rating would be 10
27. psn1819 posted on 05 Jul 2010, 15:49 0 0
I would rate the DROIDX a 10 if motorola would have put SENSE UI on it...the specs on this phone are out of this world...I know that HTC pattens sense ui,but,picturing it would look amazing
30. steveomac posted on 05 Jul 2010, 18:18 0 0
ok...Phone arena, stop with the REALLY crappy video reviews, stop reading the piece of paper you got in front of you, throw it in the trash and just talk about the phone, stop with your rehearsed ben stein sounding voice, I love your site, I go to it every day but I hate your video reviews.
31. Phil01 posted on 05 Jul 2010, 19:16 0 0
When this phone will be available without contract, unlocked? Thank you in advance
32. rtimi26 posted on 06 Jul 2010, 11:07 0 0
Oh don't forget they gave the galaxy s less than a 9.0. Yet it has the best graphics of the 3, better screen and better cpu. Wow phonearena stop with this, just because a screen is big doesn't make it a winner.
36. BlackSirius16 posted on 14 Jul 2010, 02:06 0 0
the Galaxy screen is worse in sunlight and an absolute battery hog, the processor is bogged down by a UI overskin that they had no idea how to integrate probably with their processing scheme. also the UI itself isn't worth the slow down, its just annoying. also the camera is mediocre. AKA Droid X is better. not to say the Galaxy is shitty its just not as good
44. lol (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2010, 06:43 0 0
FALSE. SAMOLED is far better than Droid X screen. It uses less battery power (thats one of the main points in using AMOLED displays). The processor is MUCH MUCH better (in GLBench SGS gets 1400 frames and Droid X only 800... thats almost twice) The UI is changeable and it's smoother on SGS, 'coz it has much better hardware. The camera is better since it records HD with 30fps, not only with 24. (24 = lag). Not to mention Bluetooth 3.0 and secondary camera.
42. ALEJO (unregistered) posted on 06 Aug 2010, 21:10 0 0
I WANNA KNOW IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHATS THE NAME OF THAT WIDGET THAT THIS DROID HAS>.... THE ONE WHERE YOU SEE THE TIME, THE WEATHER???
43. lol (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2010, 05:22 0 0
And they give Samsung Galaxy S 8.5/10. SGS is better than both EVO and Droid X with its SAMOLED display, HD @ 30 fps, PowerVR SGX 540 GPU, Bluetooth 3.0 etc. It should be something like this: iPhone 4 - 9.5/10 Samsung Galaxy S - 9.4/10 Droid X - 9.1/10 EVO - 9/10
45. hadi (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2010, 23:51 0 0
please motorola we want droid x in asia gsm version please
46. moto fan (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2010, 23:54 0 0
come on moto do u want kill me droid x for world wide i need dx for life
47. S.D. (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 16:17 0 1
The Droid X mb810 is junk. The touchscreen does not work. The phone rings. I touch and slide and it will not answer. I miss calls constantly. To make a call back I touch "recent" calls and touch A. The Droid X calls B or C or even D, far down the screen. When trying to search the internet, I touch the globe icon. Nothing. Dead. This phone is JUNK! I called Motorola and they suggest removing the battery every (EVERY!) time it happens or do a hard reset (and losing all data). JUNK JUNK JUNK. Avoid this phone.