Motorola DROID 2 vs Motorola DROID X
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Aug 2010, 05:56
Separated by only a month, two prestigious Android based smartphones from Motorola are currently at the forefront of the whole Android lineup. The one-two punch combo from Motorola may have surprised many, especially when there is so much competition from all sides, but the tandem will undoubtedly attract customers thanks to their high-end status. There were some people who were quick to snatch the Motorola DROID X when it was released over a month ago; especially when it provided a refreshingly new take on Motorola's DROID line. However, Big Red didn't take too long in bringing the Motorola DROID 2 out ...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Tyler Lane (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:55 0 0
In your video about 1 minute in, you state it the droid 2 ( and might have said the same about the X ) has a Snapdragon cpu, it actually has a TI Omap cpu . Other than that it the video has a great details etc.
2. gwk (unregistered) posted on 27 Aug 2010, 23:47 0 0
Does Droid X feature removeable SIM cards so handy when traveling overseas?
3. BigRed83 posted on 29 Aug 2010, 20:40 0 0
Uh, no. The DROID X is a CDMA only device, so there is no SIM card...
4. ummmokthen (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2010, 12:36 0 0
This site is absolutely biased. Just look at there "Top" page on the left side. They dub the iPhone 1st in almost everything. This is why iphonearena sucks. Stop loving the iPhone for its signal issues. Dumbasses.
5. Joshing4fun posted on 31 Aug 2010, 21:55 0 0
They personally didn't have an issue with the iphone4 when they reviewed it so why would they call out a problem they never had on the phone?
6. mastertoothpick (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2010, 20:11 0 0
yeah ummm i personally think phonearena is biased to android phones, which im glad for. always finding new things to do with my phone
10. derp (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2010, 17:23 0 0
who would have thought there would be 50 different ways to get force close errors and failed displays? go android!
7. jlums (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2010, 18:20 0 0
When is the "X" getting Froyo? This is killing me....
8. whiteneoangel posted on 05 Sep 2010, 16:04 0 0
I know how you feel xD hope it improves some features and fixes a few bugs...
9. derp (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2010, 17:22 0 0
good luck with that. like any android update, for every bug it fixes, it causes 10 more.
12. Viva Musica (unregistered) posted on 01 Nov 2010, 02:47 0 0
Hi, which phone, Droid X or Droid 2, takes photos and uploads to Facebook faster? That's the main reason I want to replace the Moto Devour I'm using (which was bought used as a replacement for the Moto Droid I dropped into a puddle at the ocean--and whose stunning pictures I miss).
13. Charlie (unregistered) posted on 04 Dec 2010, 13:45 0 0
Thanks for this great comparison, which helped me chose the X. After reading this, my only hesitation was that the X didn't have good close-ups in the sample photos. But upon playing with it, I found that it has a "macro" mode you can turn on. with that turned on, it takes awesome closeups, much better than shown here.
14. nick (unregistered) posted on 23 Dec 2010, 10:50 0 0
So, after all of that you didn't have even a slight preference? You're just going to say, yeah they are equal? Sounds like you needed to test them further to find a winner instead of just just coping out. Sorry, just disappointed in your conclusion.
15. lindak (unregistered) posted on 09 Apr 2011, 14:46 0 0
Thanks for helping me decide. I can't wait to get rid of my Motorol Devour and go with the Droid X. I was going back and forth between the 2 on the decision. The new differences are, Droid 2 is now global ready, where the Droid X isn't. And both have Froyo 2.2. They just reduced the price of the Droid X now that the HTC Thunderbolt came out. No 4G in my area, so it was an easy decision to save $100.