Meizu MX Review
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2012, 08:43 posted on
Can a Chinese smartphone manufacturer deliver a product that is not your run-of-the-mill slab of plastic, but a decent Android handset really worth getting? That is quite possible, it seems. The Meizu MX Android 4.0 smartphone is equipped with a high resolution display and inside it runs the powerful Exynos 4412 processor with four cores of awesome. Care to learn more about the device? Then let's check it out in detail...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. kamil (Posts: 118; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
some few tweaks here and there and this device could actually be a success
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
"The only imperfections that we can spot is that whites look slightly yellowish"
,,,kinda racist LOL HAHAHAHA
anyways, great phone, great review!
15. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello."
8. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
to everyone. Don't take this personally. It's just a joke. I'm asian.
5. ph00ny (Posts: 1193; Member since: 26 May 2011)
What's the point of setting max clock speed when Exynos by design changes the number of cores, frequency, and voltage on its own
7. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Nice specs for a small phone, now those who want powerful tech won't need to buy phones with large screens if it doesn't suit them. Of course I have a feeling u.s. availability will be through gray market imports.
10. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
The screen aspect ratio combined with the size is what has me hooked... I really like it...
9. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
This smartphone looks awesome. I would definitely buy it.
16. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It looks like some unholy cross between an iPhone and a One X (in other words, it looks sweet!)
I especially love the look of the capacitive buttons and home button. The dynamic dots look awesome, I wish more manufacturers would do something like this, at least as far as making them rotate with screen orientation. HTC did it with the international version of the Incredible 2, and sort of with the Flyer, but sadly stopped after that.
12. getaway (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I just think they should change the design of the phone for the next gen as its getting more know, or just release another model idk
13. tiara6918 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yeah, I feel the same way too that meizu should change the design for mx, it really reminds me of the iPhone. But overall, I really like this phone but I hope that they'll sell it on other countries as well
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3614; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
HTC One X should hide it's face from limelight!! The benchmark tests tells us so!!
19. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
btch please, it may be the worst benchmark among the 4 smartphones, but bare in mind that the One X's benchmark is very high for today's standards, and beats tons of android smartphones today.
17. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
For anyone looking for a unique device with a smaller screen (hard to believe we have gotten to the point that 4.0" screens are small, ain't it?), this seems to be a true, fun option. Good review.
18. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Don't get why Phonearena hates plastic backed/bodied phones. Metal backing/bodied are too ''old'' and heavy. Plastic/Polycarbonate are now what i call the 21st Century Material!!!!
20. Alphadan (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that the camera takes really blurry pictures? Just look at the picture of the church, it's totally out of focus on the lower left area, and it's got a purplish shade... Awful 8MP camera.
21. dfever1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Does anybody know where to buy a case for this phone? i bought it in China but I brought it to US. I know a lot of chinese places to buy cases, but i'm more looking for a premium case that can be purchased in US. I have looked up otterbox, case mate and sgp, but none of them has the cases for this phone. Does anybody know if any company sells cases?
23. cangie (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I saw some on Amazon from a company called Spigen. Dunno if these are what you're looking for but :http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb
_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=meizu+mx+case+sgp&rh= i:aps,k:meizu+mx+case+sgp&ajr= 0
22. cangie (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I think these phones are pretty nice. Why don't they sell it here?