LG Optimus One Review
calling device, the LG Optimus One functions decently, with clear voices in the earspeaker. Our callers said they were unable to hear us very distinctly, and the volume output was a tad low. The handset has a generous 1500mAh which lasts 7.5 hours in 3G mode, according to the manufacturer.
What we saw in the LG Optimus One is a set of features, which match the asking price – nice capacitive touchscreen, smooth interface, various codecs support, and pleasant design. We’d like to see better pictures in low light situations, a more fluid browser, or adequate support of Adobe Flash, but adding a faster chipset or LED flash to the camera would have bumped up the price, so we get what’s on offer – a quite decent Froyo handset at price that would put feature phones to shame.
If you are looking for something else in this price point, running Android, and you can’t step away from brand names, the Samsung Galaxy 3 will get you there, especially when it gets the Android 2.2 update, but the LG Optimus One has the cooler design.
LG Optimus One Video Review:
- Almost stock, fluid Android 2.2 experience
- Pleasant design
- Rich video codecs support
- Stuttering browser
- Pictures appear slightly out of focus
1. Jawahar Sarkar (unregistered) posted on 02 Feb 2011, 07:42 0 0
What a fantastic site!!! Even the online official website of the phones are not so cool as this site is. It has provided me loads of information about the phone which neither manufacturer nor promotion neither any mobile store nor any person could have given me. Fabulous Fantastic Faadu Site. I am its fan now!!!
2. Parixit (unregistered) posted on 16 Feb 2011, 00:22 0 0
3. jack ryan (unregistered) posted on 22 Feb 2011, 11:57 0 0
4. Sureshkumar (unregistered) posted on 27 Feb 2011, 22:57 0 0
Its very nice site.. & already i have LG optimus one. nice mobile..
5. Arturo (unregistered) posted on 03 Mar 2011, 09:52 0 0
I was planning on getting one just because its free with my service plan, now with your review Im confident I will get a nice phone and a great deal.
6. me (unregistered) posted on 17 Mar 2011, 05:01 0 0
Why do you write reviews on your own website?
7. Babu Dharmaraj (unregistered) posted on 08 Apr 2011, 09:45 0 0
I bought LG optimus one. it best performance and good display mobile.
8. A K R P (unregistered) posted on 07 May 2011, 10:48 0 0
Cool phone and i will get one soon.samsung galaxy 3 is nothing comparing with dis optimus.dis site is also cool.
9. Balu (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 00:58 0 0
I am thinking to buy LG optimus one.. The only thing which stops me is video streaming.. Cant I play videos while browsing the internet. It doesnt support video streaming???
10. Ben (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2011, 12:25 0 0
If you are browsing a webpage witch include youtube video, you have to click on it and the "onboard" youtube player will play it.
There is some other options:
-The Skyfire browser (the payed one) is convert all videos, then you can watch them.
-Puffin browser is able to play directly the video on the webpage
So don't worry, One is a really great phone, I love it!
11. EVETS (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2011, 15:32 0 0
Hey im thinking of getting this phone i am a guy so abuse to the phone is a possibility, and reliability is also a big concern too. how is the boot sequence? is it fast or slow compared to other phone. right now it looks fantastic and almost sold on getting it i just want a "back ground check" thanx:)
12. an mobile savy (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 04:51 0 0
Hey friends... I want to ask you a question.!
Dont you think that htc's wildfire S is better than lg's optimus 1.
Think about it.
I am waiting for your comment..!
13. mis_mariss posted on 14 Jan 2013, 00:46 0 0
This is the WORST phone in the world! It makes me wish that I had an old flip phone! The screen always stops working for days at a time. Seriously I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone!
14. apsely posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:02 0 0
Be aware that Android 2.3 has a bug which prevents apps from correctly displaying compass heading information. LG refuses to deal with this problem.