LG Optimus L9 Review
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2012, 07:59 posted on
Lost in the talk of quad-core processors and high definition displays is the launch of the Optimus L9 on T-Mobile. While it is not top-of the line, it has many great features you’d expect from a premium device such as a 4.5” IPS display and dual-core processor. With the Nexus 4 coming to T-Mobile on contract does the Optimus L9 have a place in the lineup? Read on to find out!...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
4. redmd (Posts: 1036; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
4.7 for the international version. 4.5 for t mobile version.
5. smallworld (Posts: 460; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Yeah I noticed after it was the T-Mobile version.
2. redmd (Posts: 1036; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I don't see why those cons eat 2.5 of total score. it's a mid range phone did someone forget? I think it deserves at least 8. snappy performance alone could warrant that.
8. GTR722 (Posts: 252; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Remember this is PhoneArena, the S3 mini got a higher score than this phone....
3. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Finally a L Series Phone that is better than its other versions! GREAT L STYLED PHONE :) I am using L5
6. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
That dog in the sample shot no. 6 is horrible
13. DKMDROID (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
The international version has gorilla glass 2 not so sure about the T-mobile version but i suspect the only difference is the 0.2" of screen real estate between the 2
9. app_droid_soft (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
which is better L7 vs s duos vs s3 mini?
11. thephonedude (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Eh S3 mini is better in terms of specs.. but if you want great design... the L7 is the one for you
19. shubham3mathur (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
For more detail and specifications about S3 Mini or Optimus l9 and s duos plz visit at techfactz.com
14. masterwoo (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
Read more about LG Optimus L9 at indiapricepoint.com/electronics/price-of-lg-l9/
15. Landmarkcm (Posts: 483; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
This site seems to rate the camera quality on some good phones as a negative alot. Whereas phonescoop etc said this phone takes great pictures. Which it does! Wow I think it takes some of the clearest shots ive had. Its better then the 8mp on Lumia 822 I was using. So just goes to show mp count doesn't mean everything. Is Phonearena not focusing right or what...? lol. Anyway I thought I was fully converted to WP8 but im loving Android again with this device. Especially on Tmobiles no contract plan. This phone is awesome for 199!
22. MFortyNiner (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
This is an awesome phone and since it is no-contract, it was easy to use on Solavei where my cell service is now free. Compared to my previous ATT bill, that's over $1,200 in annual savings. Yeaaaah!
Check it out at mobile49er dot com.
16. seadude (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
LG has been known for not supporting their software upgrade. You may get the latest android right now. But you are going to stuck with that android version for the rest of your smartphone life. Don't buy LG, you will regard it next year when everyone is using Android 5.0. I am a victom of the G2X, they promised to upgrade it when it was released 2 years ago. I now have a samsung s3 and the g2x still hasn't get that updated LG originally promised. In fact, LG don't even response to G2X update questions at all... LOL
17. Landmarkcm (Posts: 483; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
I hear ya but im not super worried abt the software update. As long as it's nothing major im missing. If I keep this device for at least a year that will be good for me as I have been going through phones to fast. I haven't liked other things abt some lg's in the past but overall this one is good, & has overall good marks.
18. shubham3mathur (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
For complete specification and review of LG plz visit techfactz.com
20. Charlie_boy (Posts: 67; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
It's uncanny that the international L9 specs are very similar to the Galaxy Nexus... I wonder how that came about...
21. Teknofilo (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
I'd like to point out that the panorama function seems to use the camera mode, rather than the photograph mode, which results in panorama pictures having very small vertical resolution.
We have included a sample in our review at Teknofilo.com blog and, while the article is in Spanish, you'll easily spot where the panorama picture is.