LG Optimus 4X HD vs Samsung Galaxy S III
|Quadrant Standard||AnTuTu||NenaMark 2|
|LG Optimus 4X HD||3742||11184||52|
|Samsung Galaxy S III||5335||12016||58,6|
1. k1ng617 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 09:32 18 2
Not too surprising except for you guys giving the nod to LG for the screen. I guess Super AMOLED isn't the king of the hill anymore! Thanks
5. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Jun 2012, 09:53 19 2
Talking about current AMOLED display evolution stage, LG's NOVA display is better (at least it is mine opinion). :)
43. Raymond_htc posted on 23 Jun 2012, 03:35 11 2
I am wondering whose the one who dislikes the comments above..... must be a AMOLED fanboy....
45. PhoneArenaUser posted on 23 Jun 2012, 04:46 4 0
+1 for gallitoking. :D
39. neutralguy posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:17 7 1
Is it me or I really think that LG's camera captures better quality compared to S3? :3 i think LG's camera is has more natural color compared to s3. S3's captured photos are too bright.
68. Martin3 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 09:33 2 0
very true ! the video on the lg optimus 4x hd is better too
59. Jericho posted on 24 Jun 2012, 04:35 1 0
Samsung has better benchmarks but optimus 4x has TegraZone(optimized games) i think they should include it cause it can be a little misleading.
2. Birds posted on 22 Jun 2012, 09:46 6 3
I wonder what the troll who I argued with over the LG optimus 4X a few months ago has to say now. lol I'm not surprised that the LG optimus 4X held its own against the Samsung GSIII. This device is actually really good. It all comes down to personal preference.
4. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Jun 2012, 09:52 5 2
Talking about current AMOLED display evolution stage, LG's NOVA display is better (at least it is mine opinion). :)
34. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 22 Jun 2012, 16:19 1 0
Nope, Viper has a NOVA too, and some others I believe.
47. u-suck-more posted on 23 Jun 2012, 08:08 1 0
Optimus Black, Viper, Optimus L7 and PRADA 3.0 uses the NOVA screen (this is all i rmb lol)
50. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 23 Jun 2012, 08:33 2 0
The Optimus Big too I believe.
8. bobfreking55 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 09:58 1 6
LG has made it, but seconds too late. They should have launched it earlier than the One X to share the limelight, but now... it will hardly be talked about.
I actually like the 4X, but the fact that an S3 exists makes me not want to buy one, even a One X perhaps --- and LG's design hasn't been impressing me lately. The Optimus L line, Prada, Vu and this look so alike.
10. NICEPHONEUSER11 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:15 7 1
ITS NOT YET TOO LATE...........
what is the most important LG DID THE BEST OF WHAT THEY CAN ..
LG DID THE BEST! .
11. Martine posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:41 4 1
Screen is very subjective. I personally cannot find any LCD screen joy to use because colors always look washed out and that's why my tv is plasma too
52. Martine posted on 23 Jun 2012, 13:15 0 2
LED based TV are marketed as LED-LCD and I can't buy an LCD.
53. PhoneArenaUser posted on 23 Jun 2012, 14:13 0 0
"LED based TV are marketed as LED-LCD..."
I know that.
"I can't buy an LCD."
56. u-suck-more posted on 23 Jun 2012, 22:52 0 0
lol than how do u watch tv?
13. imkyle posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:56 5 0
I really like the square design of the LG. Having the S II, I miss that design.
14. pkiran1996 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:58 1 1
Why is it that Samsung's 1.2GHz dual-core Exynos chip beats an nVidea 1.5GHz quadcore Tegra 3 chip? (in terms of Benchmarks)
17. Commentator posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:04 2 0
I'm sure PA will do a 4X vs. One X comparison soon anyways, but how does the display on the 4X compare to the one on the One X?
25. Hemlocke posted on 22 Jun 2012, 13:40 6 1
They are both excellent, and much better than the SIII screen.
19. johnrock posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:35 1 6
well well well u cant compare d champ n d worlds best wid d kids i mean s3 technology wise above all like pop up play smart stay smart alert..etc u wont find in ny other ph n also samsung is d current#1 in d world n d undisputed king no matter whoever cmez dey ll cme n go bt samsung is here 2 stay bring it on!so LG n htc u cant even cme closer 2 samsung i can say only one thing 2 dose companies mess wid d best die like d rest oh hell yeah!
20. PhoneArenaUser posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:39 3 1
English isn't my native language, but you really should learn to write...
21. MartyK posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:50 5 3
Congra LG Optimus 4X HD on the win!.
Now Samsung and HTC your turn...love competitions!!
22. rpankaj posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:59 2 4
hey guys.. cant it be that samsung optimise their phones for benchmarks so that more people are fooled to beleive that they r superior... i mean in real world, a tegra 3 offer much power n performance than a exynos dual or quad core...anyone???
32. remixfa posted on 22 Jun 2012, 16:03 4 5
The exynos is made differently than the tegra. The exynos is smaller (32nm), and made with more advanced tech for the actual chip. On the CPU and GPU side it has an advantage over the T3, though the biggest benchmark differences are more than likely GPU rated. The over clocked Mali400 in the SGS3 wastes all other chipsets out there.
Eithery way, both quad set ups are more than enough for whatever your going to throw at it for a while.
36. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Jun 2012, 21:21 2 1
hehehe, it's funny how you get ahead of yourself sometimes.
Mali 400 < SGX543(MP4)
60. Jericho posted on 24 Jun 2012, 04:48 0 0
Hey we all know remixfa is a BIG samsung fanboy he is going to tell you that galaxy s3 has better benchmarks score but aint gonna tell anything about tegraZone. Galaxy s3 and Optimus 4x are equal in real life performance but TegraZone for Optimus 4x beats the galaxy s3's gaming capabilities.
35. ph00ny posted on 22 Jun 2012, 16:53 2 1
Not quite. Tegra3 being clocked at 1.5Ghz in some models should be at the same or higher than 1.4Ghz Exynos quad since both are based on Cortex A9 and quad core configuration. However, there is a big difference in the memory controller in which Tegra3 is configured with a single 32bit channel like the Tegra2 and Exynos is using a dual 32bit channel.
In terms of GPU performance, gap is even bigger if you actually use a real benchmark instead of the vsync challenged nenamark
Also the fact that samsung builds their own SoC translates well in software optimization. This is the same reason why similarly clocked Exynos dual slaughtered Tegra2 in most tests.
38. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Jun 2012, 00:59 0 1
actually more of the reason why the Exynos 4210 outclassed the Tegra II was due to it's NEON support. this was a pretty significant advantage that both the OMAP4 and the 4210 had over everything at the time.
24. whothisperson posted on 22 Jun 2012, 13:39 0 1
I'm not trying to troll, promote or make any comparison between LG with Samsung but the Galaxy S III shade of pebble blue color looks REALLY NICE in these pictures. I haven't seen it in person yet but can anyone confirm that the color of the Galaxy S III in these pictures closely match the ones in the picture? (Yes I am aware that it also depends how you have your colors, contrast, and brightness set on your monitor, I just want to get a general idea.)
63. jukenon posted on 25 Jun 2012, 11:06 2 0
it looks very alike in real life as ive seen it in person. But the back seems a bit more blue than the one i saw in real life. the one i saw was a little bit more metallic and shiny but some may hate and some may prefer. i dont mind either one.
30. wickets posted on 22 Jun 2012, 15:23 3 1
the home button on the S3 is annoying....the more i think about it the closer i get to cancelling my order and waiting for either the lg or razr
66. Hemlocke posted on 04 Jul 2012, 22:26 0 0
The Pebble Blue one has an annoying purple home button. It is pretty hideous. The more I looked at mine, the more I was glad I bought it to flip for more cash.
31. TMach posted on 22 Jun 2012, 15:54 4 1
This is what I find odd about these reviews! There simply seems to be no consistency whatsoever which means my advice to all is to rely and go with your own personal preference. As it happens, I have all three having just got the 4X from Amazon.de and it is very good indeed and difficult to separate from the One x but if pushed, I would say the One x betters it. Strangely, although the battery in the 4X has bigger capacity, they both last slightly over 1 day. Overall, the performance of the SGS3 edges both but the overall experience of using the One x, particularly toting Sense 4.0, and the 4X is better. In terms of the of the comparison between the One X and 4X, the One X shades it for camera, build quality, looks, music player. Screen is pretty much the same as One X uses S-LCD2 IPS which is their name for the same screen. Bench marks are pretty similar for both too. They share the same processor and innards with the main difference being regular SIM, memory card and removable battery.
Enjoy these 3 beasts, whichever one you opt for!!
33. wickets posted on 22 Jun 2012, 16:07 0 2
Thanks for your insight....I had the one x but i returned it.....not being able to customize alert LED was a deal breaker for me.....the rest of the phone seemed nice
37. slaggyb posted on 22 Jun 2012, 23:19 2 2
I am defenitly getting this LG is a very good all rounded phone and shines in every department literally...got the best 720p display out there on a mobile(true HD) it is fast as well and a very reasonable unlocked pricing with a regular simcard you don't need to start getting a new sim nor cutting yours phonearena and their scoring is not worth it they praise the GSiii a lot... I think it balls down to personal prefrence and I personally will be choosing the LG over GSiii even when dreaming....
40. denied911 (banned) posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:28 1 2
funny thing that I really have the big bang theory on my sgs3 :)
41. LGisgood posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:46 1 3
If we try to give ( NO BIAS) observation on these two phones ,
we will surely find out that LG Optimus 4X is MUCH BETTER THAN SAMSUNG GS3!
THE CAMERA ( Photos taken ) from LG 4X IS MORE ACCURATE & REALISTIC VERY NATURAL!.
while on the SAMSUNG GS3 photos look white & blue ON ITS SCREEN ,
NOT ACCURATE, NO NATURAL LIGHT OF COLORS!
4X IS MORE PRETTER THAN SAMSUNG GS3 on the design & shape!
51. denied911 (banned) posted on 23 Jun 2012, 12:17 0 0
and also lg has "4" in its name and samsung only "3"
so lg is better about 25%!!!!
44. BenCjamin posted on 23 Jun 2012, 03:37 0 4
Apparently everyone that read this review is drinking the LG kool aid because you have to be frickin high to think that the 4x beat the SGSIII. The only thing that i can truly say that LG has going for it is it's display. The LG's display definately is better but other than that everything else went to the SGSIII.
1. Better/ More Powerful processor - there never has nor ever will be a processor that can out do Samsungs latest and greatest chipset when it comes to smartphones. Period.
2. Cameras are on par with one another they produce equally good pictures but when the videos come out the SGS is greater. More fluid and natural recording.
3. UI is way better and more customizable on the SGSIII they really made it simply excellent.
4. Call quality is better on Galaxy S III.
49. u-suck-more posted on 23 Jun 2012, 08:18 0 0
there is a LG hater disliking every good comment LG is getting.. smh.. ppl on this site just dont understand what PERSONAL PREFERENCE is.. which is really sad..
ok regarding the phones, i'd take the 4x HD. TO ME, it looks better design wise, i prefer LG's UI, i absolutely HATE the new version of touchwiz! the LG has similar specs to the S3, can do tasks almost as well, but the 4x is cheaper. and i have preferred LG's IPS panels over Samsung's AMOLED Displays all along. so LG you have my money!
54. Qui3tStorm posted on 23 Jun 2012, 14:28 0 0
I wonder how much better the GS3'S radio's are compared to the GNex on VZW. My GNex is terrible compared to my prior iphone and moto droids.
55. mas11 posted on 23 Jun 2012, 17:49 0 0
Great comparison, one of the issues I've had with previous comparisons is the lack of a winner. With the iPhone 4S vs. the SIII, the SIII was clearly the superior device and you failed to pick a winner.
57. vasboz posted on 24 Jun 2012, 01:15 0 0
There is only one thing I like about the LG over the SGS3 (which I own).
It is the curved edge of the screen that gives it a slightly softer appearance in that department.
Otherwise the SGS3 is better in all ways for me at least personally.
58. Damien_666 posted on 24 Jun 2012, 02:09 0 0
"In the left corner, we have the pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S III ..."
I'm a WP fan, but do I see something wrong here?
GS III is on the right!
61. MariusM posted on 24 Jun 2012, 10:25 2 1
I'm a bit curious when you compared the screen. DID YOU TEST ALL THE SAMSUNG COLOR PRESETS? because i can see that you are using Natural color preset on samsung. and thats why colours ar so dull compared whit LG. If you din't test other presets so i can asume that this review of the screen is useless, and the editor dosent know about phones.
67. 24hrsdeals posted on 06 Jul 2012, 00:26 0 0
Nice to see this site and especially good to see Samsung Galaxy cell phone. Really special to me Thanks for this information.
BLU Cell Phones