LG G2 vs HTC One
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2013, 05:19 posted on
The HTC One grabbed our hearts with exquisite aluminum design, amazing front stereo speakers and blazing fast performance, but there’s a new kid on the block…
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
2. devoncatt (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I thought the G2 had the Sanpdragon 800 not 600 as stated above?
3. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
htc one rock..
g2 is great phone and i respect to this beauty combine of functioanly and beauti but we know its newer than one for a few mounth but htc one still very georgus super phone with great ui , screen, sound and best body build ..
i think one max can be better than g2 with snap 800 and sense 5.5 ..
both phone are my favorite..
great job htc and lg.
4. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
plus it i must to say g2 change my mind about LG..
i like htc one very much but now its 50-50 in front of g2..
7. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Since then I'm with LG, I have lots of LG products in my house and it's very reliable, very affordable!
25. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
G2 is really nice . It actually made my thoughts change about LG as well.
but my htc one is sleek as it is.
G2 is also sleek and has a great design.
In my mind the ratio design for htc one and G2 is 51/49
Just because I already have htc one. lol..
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 2019; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The g2 finally made me interested with LG, making it the first LG device I added on my want it list. No doubt that the g2 wins the smartphone battle for now seeing it compete with the competitors before it. Keep it up lg!
9. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
G2 did exactly the same thing with me.
thats a great, lovely phone :D
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3714; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Design wise HTC One, but overall G2 FTW. HTC get rid of that UltraPixel gimmick. XZ camera is better than HTC One.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Apple might have to start considering LG in the lawsuits now. The LG G2 is turning to be quite the Android flagship killer.
11. Packer29 (Posts: 56; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
I am still waiting to see all the info on the Note 3 but i am leaning toward the G2!
22. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Me too. Despite the size of Note III, 60 fps video ??? OIS ??? The rest Sammy is the king !
12. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Slow down LG! Beating up the SG S4 and the hTc One!
Oh My GoD!
13. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
NO to the Galaxy Note III
Welcome the G2!
14. egbtmagus (Posts: 93; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Why no mention of HiFi Audio in any of these? The Ability to play lossless FLAC/WAV audio is huge and no other handset offers it.
19. Paradox (Posts: 124; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
You can just get a third party player which can play these audio formats, so I wouldn't bother buying either of these phones if you want it for that feature, especially considering they don't have expaandable storage
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I don't care... I want both of them XD Give me Give me
18. nomancool (unregistered)
g2 is newer than one
so there is no point of comparison between them ...you should better compare it to the upcoming htc flagship
20. cristianer (Posts: 42; Member since: 20 Aug 2010)
I see just one problem with the One and it's the camera. You can name it whatever you want but it's still 4 mpx, and a 13 mpx will always win.
That's why I choose G2.
21. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The HTC One is huge for a phone with a 4.7 inch screen. They should be embarrassed by their phone size like Nokia should be.
24. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Omg you post this on every HTC one related article. We get it. You like tiny phones. Some people can sacrifice a little bit on size for features like the speakers and the metal chassis.
23. szaboagoston (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I have a little correction to add to your great comparison. My "standard" international HTC One has 32 GB flash memory, so there is no advantage for the G2 in that respect.
26. transgressor01 (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Aug 2013)
htc one is best smartphone of the year its solid physically and on software basis also
27. ArtZGraphic (Posts: 16; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
G2 is really better than One. cause G2 is the newest flagship nowadays, LG has fixed their problem such as camera. the G2 camera is really better than LG's flagship before.
but we have to wait the upcoming flagship from HTC, Samsung, and that has just released : XZ 1/Honami. who will be the best?
28. Mazdajdavis (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
One other correction the HTC One records full 1080p in 60fps as well just checked, right there in the options, full HD 60fps that's what the option is called. So that with the fact that the LG has motion blur & is skipping frames I would give the video cam win to the one. Also they didn't mention it but slow motion mode on the One is great & so is the fact that you can slow down the whole thing or just certain parts to add that cool slow motion effect just at the part in the video you need it. Also maybe it's my screen but some of the picture shots where it said the LG stayed truer to the natural colors that's not how they looked to me unless they were miss labled, the LG looked a little washed out & the One pics looked more natural to me. Though I'll give it to LG for a great camera that can beat the One, I can't wait to see the evolution of the ultrapixel. HTC is on the right track that's just basic physics, an 8 ultrapixel camera would be unbeatable. If they could keep the 2um pixel size but squeeze 8 ultrapixels out of it without a Nokia camera buldge.